ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Suspension and Brakes (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/suspension-and-brakes-185/)
-   -   Ok so i got my alignment done and i have a question or two. (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/suspension-and-brakes/432777-ok-so-i-got-my-alignment-done-and-i-have-a-question-or-two.html)

vwynn 06-04-09 03:11 PM

Ok so i got my alignment done and i have a question or two.

so i went an got an alignment at firestone where chrispy gets his as well i believe...

after the alignment i looked at the paper and notice that the camber wasnt really closer to 0...

Before:
-1.9 front left
-1.9 front right

-2 rear left
-3.1 rear right.

After:
-2 front left
-1.9 front right

-2 rear left
-4 rear right.

i noticed that i got more negative camber after the alignment... is that supposed to happen? also they siad they cant adjust camber since i dont have a camber kit.. but it seems like they gave me more negative =/

GS300ToM 06-04-09 05:13 PM

certainly something is wrong with this picture, did u see them adjust anything?? i alway look at techs when workin on my car no matter if they say to stay back behind the line haha... im curious on what exactly did they do:uh:

PHML 06-04-09 05:26 PM

wow...thats really messed up!!

RMMGS4 06-04-09 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by vwynn (Post 4577786)
so i went an got an alignment at firestone where chrispy gets his as well i believe...

after the alignment i looked at the paper and notice that the camber wasnt really closer to 0...

Before:
-1.9 front left
-1.9 front right

-2 rear left
-3.1 rear right.

After:
-2 front left
-1.9 front right

-2 rear left
-4 rear right.

i noticed that i got more negative camber after the alignment... is that supposed to happen? also they siad they cant adjust camber since i dont have a camber kit.. but it seems like they gave me more negative =/

Show us your toe settings. Those better have improved:uh:

Did they say they maxxed out on the camber adjustments?

As far as going to the same place as chrispy, since this is Firestone I'll guess they have several people who do alignment. Perhaps you got a newbie or even a lay-zie.

The two shops I go to have dedicated techs who specialize in lowered cars, race cars, specialty vehicles, modded suspensions, etc. They will add weights to simulate your driver weight, and they actually ask for your weight and if you tend to drive primarily alone or with passengers. They also drive the car before and after the alignment and tweek the settings if needed. Typically I don't expect the chains to support this level of expertise.

As a comparison, here's one of the shops I use.
http://www.customalignment.com/services/services.htm

Services include:
- Bump Steer Analysis and Correction
- Corner balancing
- Road Force Balancing

If the shop you go to doesn't support the above services, I'd say they're not well equipped to handle modified suspensions.

vwynn 06-04-09 07:29 PM

ide love to go to an alignment place like that... believe West end is prolly the best in socal but yea.... haha

toe angle is...

Before
-.36 Front left
-.34 front right

-.04 Rear left
-.07 Rear right

After
.04 front left
.14 front right

.07 Rear left
.07 Rear right

slight changes.. n seems like they are all in green..

but to confirm.. the camber CAN be adjust more than that right?

DumpedGS 06-05-09 02:17 PM

i am sitting on Tein SS's all the way down, and my camber is -2.0 on the front and -2.8 in the rear and thats maxed out on the camber bolts (yes there are adjustable camber bolts on our cars) so unless your REALLY slammed i find it really hard to believe your camber is more than mine. sounds like they didnt adjust your camber at all. adjust toe can actually give you more negative camber, but then your supposed to adjust camber back out again.

vwynn 06-05-09 05:03 PM

imma try to get an alignment on saturday.. since it a life time alignment n ills how em the paper n everything stating the -4 camber... also visually u can tell its -4 hah..