Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Sage RCA's Installed...Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-09, 08:48 AM
olemanGS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PHML

By the looks of it...your rears does NOT show any negative camber issue...and you're only using the middle insert too....look like its within specs...even at this low drop.
It seems that way....cant say the same for the front
Old 04-28-09, 11:31 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by olemanGS
It seems that way....cant say the same for the front
You had to know that the fronts were going to add neg camber since you're running spring/shock/RCA combo, right?

Well...Im in the same boat as you...except im running SAGE coilovers. I spoke with my alignment guy on Saturday...he says slight neg camber (a bit out of spec) up front is OK since the front wheels are always turning so the tire surface is always changing. Major neg camber is bad. Toe in/out is also bad.

The rear wheels dont turn ...so neg camber/toe is more of a problem here since it'll wear down the inside treads...so he believes its more crucial to get a camber kit for the rears so its near or within specs.

Make sense?

Pete

Last edited by PHML; 04-28-09 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-30-09, 10:12 AM
olemanGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PHML
You had to know that the fronts were going to add neg camber since you're running spring/shock/RCA combo, right?

Well...Im in the same boat as you...except im running SAGE coilovers. I spoke with my alignment guy on Saturday...he says slight neg camber (a bit out of spec) up front is OK since the front wheels are always turning so the tire surface is always changing. Major neg camber is bad. Toe in/out is also bad.

The rear wheels dont turn ...so neg camber/toe is more of a problem here since it'll wear down the inside treads...so he believes its more crucial to get a camber kit for the rears so its near or within specs.

Make sense?

Pete
LOL.....It makes a lot of sense bro.....I have lowered ever car I have ever had.....It doesnt bother me....it rubs in the front now....another thing to try to correct.
Old 05-09-09, 02:25 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I finally got my F&R Sage RCA's installed. According to my tech, the toe adjustment in the rear is maxed out and cannot be adjusted to get within spec. It is damn near impossible to get the rear toe within spec on a lowered gs with the stock arms..The solution to this problem is to install aftermarket adjustable rear toe Control arms. Topspeed & Megan Racing are the only two companies that make these arms for the GS. I ordered the Topspeed set for $150.00. Once installed, I will have to get a second alignment to get the rear toe within spec. I do not want to see "red" on my alignment printout.. "Green" all the way!

Here is a pic of the Topspeed arms that I ordered..

Here is info on adj toe arms.

It is within this understanding that Megan Racing has unveiled our line of reinforced suspension arms that offer the strength and adjustment that any competition vehicle will ever need. Constructed of high-strength steel alloys that offer durability, strength and yet remain light-weight, these control arms have been track tested for months in road race, autocross and drift events to assure quality and performance.

These Toe-Control arms allow for fine-tuned adjustments to the rear toe in/out setting of the vehicle. Toe is crucial for the straight line stability and behavior of a car and is said to have more of an effect than the front toe.

- Constructed of Steel Alloy for Lightweight yet Durable performance.
- Easy to access turnbuckle-style adjustment.
- Can be adjusted without removing from the vehicle.
- Eliminates Premature Tire Wear while improving handling and stability.
- Pillow Ball bushing
As far as my driving impressions with this kit, bumpsteer is gone!
This car now drives like it is one rather than two halves. Is this a Lexus GS a got back? I now have 3 BMW's lol.. The ride has also improved do to more suspension travel & rebound. This kit allowed me to raise the coilovers yet have a lower ride height than before. The front is nearly tucked & the rear is tucked. RCA's are a must for GS's on coilovers.

Last edited by DASHOCKER; 05-09-09 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-11-09, 04:03 AM
Tank
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Height

Originally Posted by olemanGS
I will take better pictures later on today....

Looks a little high in the back.. or is it just the pavement?
Old 05-11-09, 10:22 AM
CBRA928
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

im confused... what are RCA's (been seeing a lot of posts) and what do they do?
Old 05-14-09, 01:40 PM
olemanGS
Pole Position

Default RCA's..................

Originally Posted by eskaeone
Looks a little high in the back.. or is it just the pavement?
It just the pavement but the rear is a bit higher than the front.....front and rear have no gap at all.....im going to coilvers to lower the rear some more though....standby for those pictures....
Old 05-14-09, 01:47 PM
olemanGS
Pole Position

Default RCA......added TTE....

this may be a better picture...all the real close up pictures keep coming up wit an error....
Attached Thumbnails Sage RCA's Installed...Pictures-img00093-20090512-0859-1-.jpg  
Old 05-14-09, 01:58 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

mmm mmm mmm mmm mmmmmm ... delicious! Looks like a nice drop.
Old 05-14-09, 02:19 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
I finally got my F&R Sage RCA's installed. According to my tech, the toe adjustment in the rear is maxed out and cannot be adjusted to get within spec. It is damn near impossible to get the rear toe within spec on a lowered gs with the stock arms..The solution to this problem is to install aftermarket adjustable rear toe Control arms. Topspeed & Megan Racing are the only two companies that make these arms for the GS. I ordered the Topspeed set for $150.00. Once installed, I will have to get a second alignment to get the rear toe within spec. I do not want to see "red" on my alignment printout.. "Green" all the way!

Here is a pic of the Topspeed arms that I ordered..

Here is info on adj toe arms.

As far as my driving impressions with this kit, bumpsteer is gone!
This car now drives like it is one rather than two halves. Is this a Lexus GS a got back? I now have 3 BMW's lol.. The ride has also improved do to more suspension travel & rebound. This kit allowed me to raise the coilovers yet have a lower ride height than before. The front is nearly tucked & the rear is tucked. RCA's are a must for GS's on coilovers.

Yes BUMPSTEER is definitely improved with the rear RCA's. Can you give out your rear alignment specs and what setting did you use on the rear adjustment?

I believe I am at OEM spec Toe & Camber, without having to add these control arms. I will talk to my alignment guy who "Specializes" in aligning aftermarket set ups. He's done a BUNCH of CL member cars with Exact adjustable rear RCA's, so I'll see if anyone had problems with getting to factory toe.

I'll take a picture and post my rear alignment specs, but I'll need to dig for the sheet this weekend. Too busy at work right now.
Old 05-15-09, 03:37 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Yes BUMPSTEER is definitely improved with the rear RCA's. Can you give out your rear alignment specs and what setting did you use on the rear adjustment?

I believe I am at OEM spec Toe & Camber, without having to add these control arms. I will talk to my alignment guy who "Specializes" in aligning aftermarket set ups. He's done a BUNCH of CL member cars with Exact adjustable rear RCA's, so I'll see if anyone had problems with getting to factory toe.

I'll take a picture and post my rear alignment specs, but I'll need to dig for the sheet this weekend. Too busy at work right now.
I will post up the sheet tonight G. So far, I am using the center setting (+_2) for the rear RCA at present & my rear camber is -1.5R & -1.5R. Factory minimum is -1.3R & -1.3L. I will have the tech use the (+-3) setting to get the rear camber within spec. I will post up the revised alignment after the install of the adjustable toe arms (next weekend).
Old 05-15-09, 03:44 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

LOL Dash, your GS was due in for some lovin!
Old 05-15-09, 06:58 AM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

oLemanGS whats your specs front/rear camber and toeS??? lmk
Old 05-15-09, 12:35 PM
olemanGS
Pole Position

Default Specs

Originally Posted by GS300ToM
oLemanGS whats your specs front/rear camber and toeS??? lmk
I will keep you updated on that....I'm installing coilovers this weekend so I will let you know then...
Old 05-15-09, 01:18 PM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah lmk.......

Quick Reply: Sage RCA's Installed...Pictures