Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

*Urgent* Rear Daizen Sway Bar install help

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-09, 07:23 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
Just give them a chance to make it right. I can understand how you feel because Im known to get extra pissed when I get a wrong order or no order at all. Nonetheless, the companies I order from apologize for the mistake and make everything right because I let them take the time to make it right.

All the Daizen parts Ive purchased in the past come in a white box with the red "Daizen" printed on it. Lube has to be included as part of the deal.

Sewell is a pretty reputable dealer. Im sure they will take the time to make everything right for you.
Well, i didn't get the white daizen box, lubes, nor the instructions. And for some reason the mounting points where the bushings would be were wrapped with greased up white plastic that was breaking down.

Old 03-20-09, 07:27 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Sewell has messed up before, but they usually follow up afterwards to make things right. I'm positively sure you wont be an exception
Old 03-20-09, 07:34 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GSteg
Sewell has messed up before, but they usually follow up afterwards to make things right. I'm positively sure you wont be an exception
I am sure they will. I am just frustrated that I checked over and over again with Darrel before placing my order and this happened.

Spending money should not be this difficult. Plus how are they going to fix 1 vacation day used at work, wasted friday, and 300 dollars in labor? I am now driving around with no rear sway bar because had my tech put my oem one back on, it would've been another 50 dollars.

BTW, here's an objective observation about the kit. For those of you who are considering changing front sway bar bushing, go with Energy Suspension universal kit. Much Much better quality, all agreed by the tech at my shop. I threw away the Daizen and kept the Energy Suspension bushing.

Hopefully after getting everything settled, i'll be able to give a more constructive feedback of the product.

Last edited by ChronoJ1; 03-20-09 at 08:50 PM.
Old 03-20-09, 08:09 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChronoJ1
For those who have purchased daizen bars, did your bars have the daizen tuning stickers pre-applied? Did it come with the lubes?

My bars came in a generic box and no packaging material was used other than some ghetto tape that bound the front and the rear together.
when i ordered my daizen sway bars, it came in a white box with the daizen label in red. also the sway bars came with the daizen stickers pre-applied onto the bars themselves and of course there was at least 1 packet of lube for each mount. if i have time tmr, i'll try and snap a pic of my sways. the fronts shouldn't have been hard to put in as everything was literally a R&R for me.
Old 03-20-09, 08:38 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexAnt
when i ordered my daizen sway bars, it came in a white box with the daizen label in red. also the sway bars came with the daizen stickers pre-applied onto the bars themselves and of course there was at least 1 packet of lube for each mount. if i have time tmr, i'll try and snap a pic of my sways. the fronts shouldn't have been hard to put in as everything was literally a R&R for me.
Wow, i wonder why Sewell went out of their way to remove the stickers. My sways were dirty and lackluster compared to the ones in the other thread.

The front sway was not mating up with the end links for some reason. They were mating at an angle. Plus the tech had to drill the hole larger to make the endlink screws go in.
Old 03-20-09, 08:56 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

definitely not normal, everything should've bolted right up. if anything the only trouble i had was routing the sway bar through the plastic pieces in the front.
Old 03-21-09, 11:38 AM
andrewwake
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ChronoJ1
Wow, i wonder why Sewell went out of their way to remove the stickers. My sways were dirty and lackluster compared to the ones in the other thread.

The front sway was not mating up with the end links for some reason. They were mating at an angle. Plus the tech had to drill the hole larger to make the endlink screws go in.
So you have no jack and stands that you could have saved yourself $300? You would have been able to put the old ones back on for one a few minutes of work, very easy install. It takes me at most an hour to install the sways from time the car is jacked up.
Most likely you were sent the wrong sways accidentally and the fronts aren't the correct ones either, and since your mechanic drilled into these, it isn't in the best shape for a company to allow a return (in general of course, Sewell will probably do it's best to help resolve the situation)
Old 03-21-09, 12:07 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by andrewwake
So you have no jack and stands that you could have saved yourself $300? You would have been able to put the old ones back on for one a few minutes of work, very easy install. It takes me at most an hour to install the sways from time the car is jacked up.
Most likely you were sent the wrong sways accidentally and the fronts aren't the correct ones either, and since your mechanic drilled into these, it isn't in the best shape for a company to allow a return (in general of course, Sewell will probably do it's best to help resolve the situation)
No i do not have the jack stand that would allow me to be under the car for few hours, and no I do not have your uber skills that would let me install the sways in 'an hour'. Like you said, it is Sewell's mistake not mine. NO , it was NOT in THEIR 'best interest' to screw up and send me the WRONG and possibly used parts that did not even come with all the necessary content. So for those who are about to defend Sewell, save your time and move onto another thread.
Old 03-23-09, 12:31 AM
97RSPSCTT
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, all I can say is I'm sorry this has been happening to you. One thing to remember though is "good things come to those who wait". I hope everything works out for you bro
Old 03-23-09, 12:50 AM
SoarerAZ
Pole Position

Keep us posted on status please. Does Sewell have any representative who posts on this forum?
Old 04-11-09, 06:52 AM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Got the correct rear sways last weekend.

Apparently, the person who was actually shipping out the product at Sewell didn't know what he was shipping and sent the sways out without checking. Darrel also said that it was Daizen who packaged the wrong & used sways with no lube & license plate frame. Darrell was very helpful and prompt in correcting the situation. It's a shame things didn't go smoothly to begin with.

I didn't get a return label to ship the wrong rear sways, so i guess i'll be selling it to recoup the loss with my first installation. What car is it for anyways?
Attached Thumbnails *Urgent* Rear Daizen Sway Bar install help-img_0160.jpg  
Old 04-11-09, 06:56 AM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Dave, if you think this is more appropriate for Seller Feedback section, please move it.
Old 04-11-09, 12:51 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

How much did you pay for it?

I might be taking it off your hands, if I dont buy headers first
Old 04-11-09, 05:03 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

wow that sux. glab it worked out.

so Sewell didnt take the other sway bars back?

thats called "taking car" of you?

oh i love the fact how the mod defend the vendor....for obvious reasons.

you shouldnt have went though all the trouble of going with Sewell. i have taked to Earl and Dave from Touge Factory. they gave me awesome price on sway bars for the SC and also the Supra.

let just say that the Whiteline sway bars that they were offering me, which are better then daizen anyways, were cheaper by a bit. whiteline also stocks everything and can be delivered to TF within 2 days of order.

oh and im sure Tf would charge you less then 300 for labor to install them. its about 2 hours of work tops. the rear is literally 30 mins.

since you already have them post some reviews and "seat of the pants" experience.
Old 04-11-09, 05:16 PM
markesc
Lead Lap

Um...

I have to "chime" in too.... this Darrell guy... whomever he is...is not the brightest light bulb in the box....

A few years ago I ordered floor mats for my car... he sent a completely wrong color...

So I'm not surprised at all that this has happened to you. I've said nothing publically to this day thinking it was an "honest" mistake.... who knows....

I think he's the Darrel from the movie "U Turn" Skeptics/Devils Advocates watch!!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP4avHhH3Fo

Quick Reply: *Urgent* Rear Daizen Sway Bar install help