Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

A couple simple questions

Old 01-29-09, 09:10 AM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A couple simple questions

1. are RCA's dangerous in anyway (if installed properly of course)

2. Will it make a difference in ride quality on tein SS

honestly i dont care about camber im dropped on the default highth of the SS's and my tires are fine. the thing is my car rides like a tank over ruff roads, i know its a combination of my 30 series tires , daizen bushings, and stiff *** SS's. so im looking into some solutions : my next set of tires will be 35 series , and ive heard that the daizen bushings atrribute to the harsh ride ( the front contol arm one perticular) so i might change that one back to stock ? any suggestions would be highly appreciated. i want to get this dialed in before my swap here pretty soon

Last edited by LeXaNoMicS; 01-29-09 at 09:12 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-30-09, 09:07 AM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

thanks guys
Old 01-30-09, 09:21 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

might help to research the RCA's in here and use the search feature. i personally have never used/needed them.
iirc, they are not dangerous (if they were, some of the vets who have them, wouldve removed them immediately)
iirc, the SS spring rates are pretty high and could also be contributing to such a 'harsh' ride as you indicated. not sure what the default height is, but, have you tried raising it up a bit + adjusting the damper to full-soft?
Old 01-30-09, 09:49 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by LeXaNoMicS
thanks guys
Haha, its barely been 12 hours. You have to give the suspension forum more time. It does not get as much traffic as the general 2GS one.

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
If I recall correctly, I think Exact told me that they're using Grade 12 bolts as opposed to the standard Grade 8 bolts.

So longer and stronger than OEM is what they were shooting for.

The background on these RCAs was there were 5+ of us using these in NorCal on a Long Term basis to test, before Exact offered these to the public.

No problems from the original 5 users and nothing I've heard from the many other locals that have installed them since.

I believe Jawnthen has the most mileage on these RCAs. His car is at 170k right now, but I'll have to ask him what his mileage was when he installed them.
2. They are made of metal so they won't soften your ride and since they do not replace any "soft" parts they will not stiffen it either.
Old 01-30-09, 10:40 AM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

thanks guys for replying,
I have searched RCA's and didnt find anything pertenent to safety.

"2. They are made of metal so they won't soften your ride and since they do not replace any "soft" parts they will not stiffen it either. "

i understand the RCA itself wont soften the ride but will the extra suspention travel from the RCA help since i will have to raise the coilovers to get back to my existing ride height ?

Also, i read a post somewhere i cant find it, that was discissing the daizen bushings and advising people not to use one of the bushind in the front as it contibuted to harsh ride.

As far as raising my car thats not going to happen lol
and i like my ss set at stiffest setting.