Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

my suspension and ignition project

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-09, 08:05 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

5sp_jzz30- Powered by max makes some sub frame spacers for the SC300 chassis. $50 plus shipping on them so they arnt to bad. but im sure you would rather make your own lol
Old 01-16-09, 04:11 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

are they the collar type that integrate with your existing bushing like this:

or the real kind like this:

EDIT!!!!!

found the pics of the Powered by max solid bushings:

this setup applies to to the front diff mounts and front subframe mounts.

the problem with out cars is actually really soft rear diff mounts and rear subframe mounts.

i have seen on supraforums people having custom made rear subframe mounts that integrate the sway bar. i dont know on the cost. here is a pic:

titan motorsports, i believe, also sells CNC'd plates that get welded in place of the rear diff mounts. same as i have done on my subframe.

here is the titan subframe bushing setup:

i still think i will make my own. the titan prices are outrageous. there is nothing custom about what they did. they made a sample, which takes a day of R&D at most, and sent the plans to a CNC shop.

the titan costs:
subframe bushings: 300
rear diff mounts: 90
rear subframe mounts: 270
solid diff mounts front: 225

total: 885 plus shipping and labor to install them if not doing it yourself. so close to 1200 bucks.

no thanks ill make my own. all those mounts have about 150 bucks of material in them.

Last edited by 5sp_jzz30; 01-16-09 at 05:04 PM.
Old 01-19-09, 02:03 PM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

well if you make some count me in for a set! i just ordered a set of the sub frame bushings myself so i hope there's a little bit of difference.
Old 01-19-09, 06:06 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

so here is my first impression of poly bushings....ITS ******* AWESOME!!!! period...no more excuses not to do it, if you do anything more then daily drive your car.

the solid diff bushings definitely make a difference. my welded diff is starting to go. the welds are breaking i think because i can hold one output shaft in place and move the other one about 1/4". since the diff is solid mounted now i an actually hear the slop in the differential. before the rubber insulator would damp the vibration and noise. i think i need a REAL LSD now the feel of the rear is a lot more precise now too.

i can wait to make my subframe inserts.

btw there is no extra vibration or noise due to solid diff mounts.

that is all for now.

i will post the pics of the spark plug wire conversion and distributor cap i used when i have time.
Old 01-19-09, 09:39 PM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
so here is my first impression of poly bushings....ITS ******* AWESOME!!!! period...no more excuses not to do it, if you do anything more then daily drive your car.

the solid diff bushings definitely make a difference. my welded diff is starting to go. the welds are breaking i think because i can hold one output shaft in place and move the other one about 1/4". since the diff is solid mounted now i an actually hear the slop in the differential. before the rubber insulator would damp the vibration and noise. i think i need a REAL LSD now the feel of the rear is a lot more precise now too.

i can wait to make my subframe inserts.

btw there is no extra vibration or noise due to solid diff mounts.

that is all for now.

i will post the pics of the spark plug wire conversion and distributor cap i used when i have time.

awsome man, im getting really excited to do mine. well just as soon as the guy gets back to me about getting the bushings again