Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

IS F front rotors

Old 06-08-14, 02:38 PM
hcharlesc3
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lrd do you know if your bracket will work on a 2g gs300?
Old 06-15-14, 09:28 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got my brackets the other day, thanks LRD!!! They look to be great quality
Unfortunately it'll be a while as I can only afford to piece this setup piece by piece, but I cant wait!
Old 02-22-15, 07:16 PM
504SC
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

//LRD are you still making these Z06 brackets?
Old 03-26-15, 09:13 PM
LiuSC300
Driver School Candidate

Hi, are you still able to get the custom brackets? If so please let me know! Tried sending you a private message but your thing is full.

Thanks
Liu
Old 08-31-15, 03:13 PM
diopena1
Driver School Candidate

I'm new to this forum, and was reading about this awesome setup. I PM'ec LRD (hope he gets back to me on this question).
But, just in case he's not on the forum anymore, or isn't logging in (if anyone can reach out on my behalf, it would be greatly appreciated). Anyone running the Z06 calipers, could you please clarify something for me?

I'm trying to piece together a kit for my Rx (yeah I know... overkill, but, read on, as this could pertain to anyone building a kit later on). Now, I know that Supra TT rotors will fit, the ISF rotors could fit also, since its all the same bore, and hole pattern.

However, my question is in regards to the rotor width, the Z06 uses 32mm wide rotors, and ISF, Supra TT rotors are 30mm wide. Is there a spacer packed behind the brake pads to compensate for the 2mm disparity?

I ask this, because pedal feel would be too soft if the 2mm wasn't compensated for somehow.
Old 08-31-15, 05:43 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by diopena1
I ask this, because pedal feel would be too soft if the 2mm wasn't compensated for somehow.
I think people just install it as is. I can't imagine that the pedal would feel too soft. It should be comparable to driving a car after the pads have about 1 mm of wear.
Old 08-31-15, 06:22 PM
diopena1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
I think people just install it as is. I can't imagine that the pedal would feel too soft. It should be comparable to driving a car after the pads have about 1 mm of wear.
I hear you, but, even with regular calipers, when the pads wear down a bit, I can feel it in the pedal. In fact I go by pedal feel before I check the pads in depth. I know that 2mm isn't much, but, I was thinking that maybe making some shims to go between the pads and the pistons in the caliper would probably provide what its supposed to feel like in their stock form.

But, if you're running this setup, and haven't felt the need to shim the pads, then I guess I'm good to go. Obviously I'll have to fab up some brackets and such.

Thanks!
Old 08-31-15, 06:38 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by diopena1
I hear you, but, even with regular calipers, when the pads wear down a bit, I can feel it in the pedal. In fact I go by pedal feel before I check the pads in depth. I know that 2mm isn't much, but, I was thinking that maybe making some shims to go between the pads and the pistons in the caliper would probably provide what its supposed to feel like in their stock form.

But, if you're running this setup, and haven't felt the need to shim the pads, then I guess I'm good to go. Obviously I'll have to fab up some brackets and such.

Thanks!
I'm not personally running this setup due to wheel clearance, but I have installed it before. If you do decide to make your own shims keep in mind you'll have to design 12 shims since each piston has its own brake pad.
Old 08-31-15, 06:45 PM
diopena1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
I'm not personally running this setup due to wheel clearance, but I have installed it before. If you do decide to make your own shims keep in mind you'll have to design 12 shims since each piston has its own brake pad.
Not using the Z06 calipers in my setup... Going to use Brembo 17r which is a 6 piston caliper, that uses a single pad. So, I'd trace the pad's rear face (touches the piston), and make a 1mm thick shim per side out of steel. I've seen titanium ones online as well...

But, if there's no issue with a 2mm variance from the rotor, then I should be good.

Once again, thanks!
Old 09-15-15, 06:29 PM
scblackout
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another bbk option that has popped up using the 2012-2014 Jeep srt8 brembo 6 pot fronts and 4 pot rears
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...Upgrade-REVIEW
Old 01-11-16, 06:08 PM
kitsune
Pole Position

I need this in my life
Old 01-12-16, 09:04 PM
kitsune
Pole Position

Originally Posted by scblackout
Another bbk option that has popped up using the 2012-2014 Jeep srt8 brembo 6 pot fronts and 4 pot rears
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...Upgrade-REVIEW

just bought the bracket kit
Old 11-29-16, 04:16 AM
zazzn
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for posting about jeep option. they are MASSIVE! but more importantly one pad! What are we doing about rears?
Old 11-29-16, 10:57 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by zazzn
Thanks for posting about jeep option. they are MASSIVE! but more importantly one pad! What are we doing about rears?
You can run the SRT 8 front and rear setup. Someone also adapted the rear from a cts-v? to work with the corvette front.
Old 02-19-17, 11:51 PM
zazzn
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

wowzer, who do we get the Z06 kits from? Not sure which I want to go with but the SRT8's look kinda almost TOO big.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: IS F front rotors