Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

IS F front rotors

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-14, 07:18 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ngoway
Has anyone tried to fit the XXR 521s over these guys yet?

*edit* before anyone bashes on XXRs, I like their cost factor and the fact that I won't flinch or think twice when they get dinged up or curbed.
XXR is a really good company if you look it up they make a large number of OEM wheels.....

BTW....where can these brackets be found for the corvette calipers????
Old 05-31-14, 09:23 PM
RicoLSX
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SCereal
Are the ISF calipers the same size as the Z06 ones? They're pretty beefy and the challenge seems to be not in the diameter but the clearance of the spokes. I've always had the CCWs which clear by a good margin but I've never seen ISX50 wheels off the car. I measured my setup for a member a while back and the distance from the rotor face to the edge of the caliper is right at 2 3/8" and the distance between the rotor face and the hub mating surface was 1.25" so if your wheels have ~1.25" clearance between the mating surface and the back of the spokes, you should be ok.
Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Anyone know of this will clear the 18 inch ccw classic wheels they are a 3 piece wheel. They clear the ls400 calipers and supra calipers. Not sure on this setup. Would like to know before I buy these
I see SCereal has the SP500's and I plan on running the exact brake set up (C6Z + TT). I already have the brake caliper mounting brackets from LRD (John) and I'll be ordering my rotors today, calipers on Monday. I guess I'll have to be the first to see if they will clear 18" Classics.
Old 06-01-14, 05:09 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Please post up when u install
Old 06-02-14, 06:11 AM
nuturf87
Pole Position

The is-f calipers in front are 6 pot i believe. And im confused but i believe the only thing needed to be able to mount the rotor is by using the front is-f hub. Im not sure but i believe i came across something close to this thread regarding the is-f front brake setup before. The other issue is that, the is-f is alot lighter car than the sc300/400 so the calipers are meant to bring a lighter car to a stop. May not be suitable for a heavier car. The ls400 calipers are equipped on a much heavier car, making it suitable to stop our sc's. I ran ls calipers on my last sc, and they stopped great. If you have stock rear brakes and try to stop quickly, i felt a slide fade, but fixed that with the rear TT brake option. Then it stopped on a dime.
Old 06-02-14, 09:45 AM
ngoway
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
XXR is a really good company if you look it up they make a large number of OEM wheels.....
That's what I've heard. like I said, at $150-160 per wheel? Bring on the curbs and potholes!
Old 06-04-14, 11:02 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nuturf87
The is-f calipers in front are 6 pot i believe. And im confused but i believe the only thing needed to be able to mount the rotor is by using the front is-f hub. Im not sure but i believe i came across something close to this thread regarding the is-f front brake setup before. The other issue is that, the is-f is alot lighter car than the sc300/400 so the calipers are meant to bring a lighter car to a stop. May not be suitable for a heavier car. The ls400 calipers are equipped on a much heavier car, making it suitable to stop our sc's. I ran ls calipers on my last sc, and they stopped great. If you have stock rear brakes and try to stop quickly, i felt a slide fade, but fixed that with the rear TT brake option. Then it stopped on a dime.

The Lexus and Toyota center bore is 60.1. Knowing this, I took a 298.00 gamble and ordered one rotor for mock up from Lexus. Once I discovered that the IS-F rotors worked. I had every intentions of building these brackets to fit the LS and TT calipers while using the 14.2 IS-F rotors. So the IS-F hub is not needed to run their rotors on SC's nor Supra. Disc size has much to do with the stopping distance as well as the amount of piston a caliper has., "more braking surface" . I've ran the LS's for years, great brakes no doubt. But this Z06 caliper and IS-F rotor setup is a whole different level of stopping power. And most importantly to me they look so big .

Just a side note the IS-F is about 3500-3600lbs. And the SC's are 3200-3300lbs

I two run the TT rears great combo

Hope this helps
Old 06-04-14, 02:19 PM
nuturf87
Pole Position

Originally Posted by //LRD
The Lexus and Toyota center bore is 60.1. Knowing this, I took a 298.00 gamble and ordered one rotor for mock up from Lexus. Once I discovered that the IS-F rotors worked. I had every intentions of building these brackets to fit the LS and TT calipers while using the 14.2 IS-F rotors. So the IS-F hub is not needed to run their rotors on SC's nor Supra. Disc size has much to do with the stopping distance as well as the amount of piston a caliper has., "more braking surface" . I've ran the LS's for years, great brakes no doubt. But this Z06 caliper and IS-F rotor setup is a whole different level of stopping power. And most importantly to me they look so big .

Just a side note the IS-F is about 3500-3600lbs. And the SC's are 3200-3300lbs

I two run the TT rears great combo

Hope this helps
No s***t. I for some reason thought that the SC was heavier, but yes it is a couple hundred LBS heavier than the sc the is-f. And the z06 calipers are a dirt cheap real BBK atleast as another front brake option, not to mention like you said the size. To me they look killer.
Old 06-04-14, 10:39 PM
RicoLSX
Driver

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Please post up when u install
Please excuse the dirty wheels, my car is a DD and is currently parked outside at night. Seems a bastard animal has decided to pee on them. Once I sell my Z06 it will be parked in the garage haha.

I borrowed a C6Z caliper before I bought mine to make sure it would clear. Here are the results....

IS F front rotors-forumrunner_20140604_223714.png

IS F front rotors-forumrunner_20140604_223726.png

IS F front rotors-forumrunner_20140604_223736.png

IS F front rotors-forumrunner_20140604_223744.png

My IS F rotors will be here Monday. I'll be ordering my calipers this week now that I know it works!

Question for those of you using this bracket. The bolts supplied with the kit bolt into the C6Z caliper. What do you secure the factory caliper bolts to? The bracket itself isn't threaded. Do you use nuts?
Old 06-04-14, 11:36 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just ordered my brackets. I'll be slowly piecing together this upgrade, but damn am I excited!!
Old 06-05-14, 06:52 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RicoLSX
Please excuse the dirty wheels, my car is a DD and is currently parked outside at night. Seems a bastard animal has decided to pee on them. Once I sell my Z06 it will be parked in the garage haha.

I borrowed a C6Z caliper before I bought mine to make sure it would clear. Here are the results....

Attachment 331627

Attachment 331628

Attachment 331629

Attachment 331630

My IS F rotors will be here Monday. I'll be ordering my calipers this week now that I know it works!

Question for those of you using this bracket. The bolts supplied with the kit bolt into the C6Z caliper. What do you secure the factory caliper bolts to? The bracket itself isn't threaded. Do you use nuts?
So they do fit CCW's. That's good to know . Yes just get some grade 8 bolts and thread lock nuts..
Old 06-05-14, 10:27 AM
RicoLSX
Driver

BTW, I was going to use NAPA IS F rotors at $160ish a pop until I found blanks online for $130 for both shipped. I prefer the blanks since I crack the drilled versions so I find them useless, lol.

Originally Posted by //LRD
So they do fit CCW's. That's good to know . Yes just get some grade 8 bolts and thread lock nuts..
Cool, thanks!

Last edited by RicoLSX; 06-05-14 at 10:30 AM.
Old 06-05-14, 10:57 AM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ What offset are those CCW's?
Old 06-05-14, 01:04 PM
RicoLSX
Driver

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
Wish I could tell ya...my order sheet from CCW doesn't outline the offset specifically. The set up is "Supra-ish" per the order receipt haha.
Old 06-06-14, 09:54 AM
s1984
Driver

Does anyone can measure the offset of the installed calipers please?
Maybe from the front hub etc. so we can check if we need some spacers.
And it would be great if someone can measure the overall diameter with the caliper on please.

Last edited by s1984; 06-06-14 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-06-14, 11:39 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
most likely they are 35-40 + in the front and 45-50 + in the rear

Quick Reply: IS F front rotors