Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Official F-sport Sway Bar Thread!

Old 07-24-14, 01:49 PM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kenneth40
Thanks for the support!...
Your new sway bars arrived today. We hope you receive them in the same condition to which they left our store - they're pristine! Feel free to contact us with any other questions you might have.

Enjoy!

Darrel Diller
Old 07-24-14, 04:56 PM
GX470Ken
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sewell
Your new sway bars arrived today. We hope you receive them in the same condition to which they left our store - they're pristine! Feel free to contact us with any other questions you might have.

Enjoy!

Darrel Diller
Darrel
I was home when they delivered them but thanks for letting me know they arrived via CL . They are pristine and I hope to have them installed in the near future. The set with the "attempted install" front one in it, was returned via fed ex today. You should have it in a few days. I'm sure you will be very disappointed at the condition that I received it when you view the returned part for yourself.
In the future, you may be more inclined to look over all merchandise that has been returned to the dealership or received by your supplier in a box that was clearly re-taped as mine was before sending it out to the buyer.

Best Regards

Ken

Last edited by GX470Ken; 07-24-14 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-25-14, 03:22 PM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So, I installed my rear sway bar last weekend, would have been a simple install but one of the end link allen key holes stripped. After spending way too much time trying to get it off, I removed the end link from the LCA, dremeled the nut off and dremeled a slit in the end to get grip with a flat head screw driver.

I would have bought a new end link but I couldn't find one locally without waiting a day.

I went to Lowes and picked up a new metric nut and managed to get that to work.

My question is, is there any issue using a different nut? Was there anything special about the nut that I cut off? Everything seems to be fine, car handles amazing, no noises or anything.
Old 08-28-14, 04:40 PM
piguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've read this whole thread and I'm still confused as most people here have 350s...

For the 250, is it okay to only swap out the rear sway, or is it recommended to swap both? Will only swapping out the rear upset the balance and induce oversteer? Does replacing the front have much less of an effect than the rear as it does with the 350?

I'd be much more likely to do this mod if I can just spend the $175 on the rear and not have to buy the front as well.
Old 08-28-14, 05:04 PM
FivesIS
Driver School Candidate

What seems to be the general consensus amongst isx50 owners is the front sway bar doesn't change the handling much and not worth the extra money spent.The idea is to get rid of some under steer or add over steer. That's why most 250 owners only change the rear.

I personally have both bc I could be OCD about things like that. Overall, I think they are a great investment,but could have achieved something similar with just the rear bar.

Last edited by FivesIS; 08-28-14 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-01-14, 10:02 AM
Mcstefan7
Driver School Candidate

I want to buy f-sport front sway bar for Lexus is250 08model. Please pm me. I want only front because rear is not for my car and i have JW sway bar
Old 09-12-14, 11:45 PM
slickwil89
Pole Position

I just ordered the rear f sport sway bar! Can't wait to have it installed
Old 09-23-14, 09:26 AM
slickwil89
Pole Position

Had the rear f sport sway bar installed couple days ago! Can't believe I haven't done this sooner! Handling corners just improved tremendously
Old 10-19-14, 06:59 PM
azari
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the rear sway bar in any way damage any parts? I was reading earlier posts on this thread and someone said that their endlinks was all bent out of shape and broken, and he had read about this particular issue online from different posters with the sway bar. Are there any known mechanical problems with installing the sway bar that might show themselves either immidiately or sometime later down the road? (creaking noises, broken parts, etc)
Old 10-19-14, 10:35 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

^^^^End Links may break on installation, not in use. Sometimes the end link bolts are rusted on and removing them can damage the end link. I did not have this problem, because I installed the bar when my F was fairly new, and I live in Arizona. And once installed, there should be no more issues than you would have with the stock bar.

Lou
Old 01-22-15, 12:14 AM
langjaykev
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi guys,

i just bought a set of 09-13 used fsport F/R sways. what I received was the two bars, 2 bushings on each bar, and 4 bolts.

is there anything else that was suppose to come with? I am assuming since its a o9+ model year for these sway bars, the bushing should be the improved ones from the first generation bushings? (since I read that the first generation bushings cause the squeaking noise for some)
is there a way for me to check if the bushings I have right now are the second gen as well?

Is there anything I should know before going to get these bars installed to prevent any creaking/noises?

Any info would be great!
Old 01-22-15, 05:54 AM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

If your worried about the bushings buy some of the FIGS bushings.
Old 01-22-15, 08:51 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

Originally Posted by langjaykev
hi guys,

i just bought a set of 09-13 used fsport F/R sways. what I received was the two bars, 2 bushings on each bar, and 4 bolts.

is there anything else that was suppose to come with? I am assuming since its a o9+ model year for these sway bars, the bushing should be the improved ones from the first generation bushings? (since I read that the first generation bushings cause the squeaking noise for some)
is there a way for me to check if the bushings I have right now are the second gen as well?

Is there anything I should know before going to get these bars installed to prevent any creaking/noises?

Any info would be great!
Just read thru this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...different.html

The bushings you have should be fine.

Lou
Old 01-22-15, 04:30 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In my last oil change on my IS250, I find out that one of the bolt on the driver side in the rear sway bar totally got loose and the rear sway bar ends up hanging down and become non-functional. Funny though my IS350 doesn't have this issue. My mechanic told me to check this once in a while because it can get loose. Any of you guys experience this or mind look under your car to see if it is still tight?
Old 02-12-15, 12:45 PM
huyz13
Rookie

Originally Posted by flowrider
OK I'll try to put this comment into prospective. It's been discussed before, but here it goes again.

Up until '09 The sway bar kit for the AWD IS250 was PN PTR02-53080 and consisted of only a rear bar. It was the same rear bar that came with the front/rear bar kit for the RWD. It was a 19mm solid bar.

In '10 Lexus dropped the prior AWD rear bar kit and replaced it with PN PTR02-53096 and this kit consisted of a front and rear bar. The dimensions are 30mm in front and 17.5mm in the rear.

Again, we are talking two different kits here. I have attached a chart to explain this.

Lou
Originally Posted by jnguyen87
So if you dont order the AWD "kit" which consist of the front and a 17.5mm dia rear, you can still order the 19mm dia rear bar ALONE which STILL works for both the RWD and AWDs correct?
Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^Yes, if you can find one. As I recall, toward the end of last year, some dealer's had run out, due to the new replacement kit. Maybe they have resumed production??? But, in any case the old rear only bar PN is not listed the current Lexus F-Sport catalog.

Lou
I have an '09 IS250 AWD.

To confirm, even though Lexus came out with the new F Sport sway bar set for AWD, PN PTR02-53096, it is still possible to use the old AWD F Sport rear sway bar, PN PTR02-53080, correct?

If so, is there any pros/cons in using the old rear sway bar (PTR02-53080) instead of the new F Sport AWD rear sway bar (53096)?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official F-sport Sway Bar Thread!