Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Official F-sport Sway Bar Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-17, 02:24 AM
Yodog
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

[QUOTE=Yinzer;9327177]I have a 2010 IS250 AWD and just purchased the F sport sway set. I have been reading up and am very surprised that there is now DIY with pics to install them. Sure the rear is basic, but the front I am concerned about.

Can the front sway be install on just ramps in my drive way?

I have read that the lower subframe needs lowered and you have to "mess with the steering a bit" so I am concerned about doing all this on ramps. Is the subframe on our cars just a brace? Or does it provide the mounting points for the suspension and
Originally Posted by 2013FSport
Newb w/a 2013 IS350 Fsport. It appears to understeer but being's it is used and has Dunlops on front and Nitto's on the back 225 / 255 stagger that could easily be a huge factor.
I measured the bars with veneer calipers:
Front = 28.5mm
Rear = 15mm. And the rear has a mid section turnout looking a lot like the ISF bar.

My question is, will the 48812-30400 ISF Anti-Sway Bar from 2008 - 2014, fit the 2013 IS-350 USA model?

Ride quality matters but matching the ends would be a blessing if in deed the ISF is in between the stock 350 and the F-sport torsion rate.
Thanks in advance...
the IsF bar is in the middle of a stock 2IS vs. F-Sport in terms of torsion rate and thickness
The following users liked this post:
2013FSport (08-08-17)
Old 08-08-17, 05:24 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 767 Likes on 670 Posts

Can someone with the AWD set confirm? That the front bar is 30mm?

Thanks
Old 08-26-17, 01:09 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,482 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Installed 2008 IS-F rear on 2013 IS-350 F-Sport. The bar angles are very different between the body mounting points. The IS-350 bar has the turn out 90° to the end links. The IS-F bar turn out is nearly parallel to the ends links. Meaning, if this bar is installed and you lower your ride height it may hit the bodies floor board. Of course once ride height is set you want the arms ends parallel to the earth to utilize the bar effectively (90° angle to moint point). Thus adjustable end links may be needed to achieve the proper angle.

This has about 3" of clearance before hitting the floor pan. It should be fine for my use.
Attached Thumbnails Official F-sport Sway Bar Thread!-20170826_130335.jpg   Official F-sport Sway Bar Thread!-20170826_113549.jpg  
Old 08-26-17, 05:13 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2013FSport
Installed 2008 IS-F rear on 2013 IS-350 F-Sport. The bar angles are very different between the body mounting points. The IS-350 bar has the turn out 90° to the end links. The IS-F bar turn out is nearly parallel to the ends links. Meaning, if this bar is installed and you lower your ride height it may hit the bodies floor board. Of course once ride height is set you want the arms ends parallel to the earth to utilize the bar effectively (90° angle to moint point). Thus adjustable end links may be needed to achieve the proper angle.

This has about 3" of clearance before hitting the floor pan. It should be fine for my use.
The ISF bar is designed that way. To accommodate the full size wheel spare tire. Not like the donut that's the I250/350 come with.
Old 04-24-18, 01:14 AM
samsonn25
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
^^never use your torque wrench to break a nut or bolt loose. It's a sure way to damage the calibration.

If that were the case they should only make them one way. Which snap on does in a few models.
Old 05-26-18, 01:38 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by samsonn25
If that were the case they should only make them one way. Which snap on does in a few models.

Well then, your torque wrench would not be very useful on anything with left hand threads which back in the old days was more common than you think. Plymouth, Chrysler, Jeep, Pontiac, International Harvester, Studebaker, Saab, Renault.. ... ... Who knows what else.... On that note, IDR any Japanese cars doing that....
Old 05-28-18, 01:43 AM
samsonn25
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

I agree,

The only reasoning I would think that snap on had that option was that it would lose calibration less frequently than both sided ones. Like in Industrial application where they only do one job, like assembling car or engine parts on assembly line.
Old 04-07-19, 10:13 PM
OhGreat
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is eBay and Amazon the main sites to purchase parts from? Or are there other dealership/oem-like websites to browse for parts?
Old 04-08-19, 04:15 PM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

Google what you’re looking for. And pick where ever is cheaper or includes shipping for free. I’ve done that with every single part for my car. Ive bought from ebay , amazon , car id, royal speedshop, race consulting agency, simple tire, and plenty more!
Old 04-10-19, 09:38 PM
Zmon
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by OhGreat
Is eBay and Amazon the main sites to purchase parts from? Or are there other dealership/oem-like websites to browse for parts?
eBay. You can usually only find them being sold as a set, or can only find the rear. The front is usually hard to come by itself since the dealers who sell on eBay won't sell it individually for some reason. Right now, Bell Lexus is selling a set for $420 + $20 shipping, or the rear only for $180 + $20 shipping (note I see they're selling them for the 06-08's, I believe you need the end links if you're putting on an 09+). I purchased my rear from Bell Lexus a few years ago on eBay, regretted shortly after not buying the full set, and I couldn't find anyone selling a front by itself so I bought the IS-F's front bar instead (bit stiffer, more in the middle between the 250/350 and the F-Sport bar.
The following users liked this post:
eddysoares (04-14-19)
Old 04-12-19, 04:32 PM
soulific
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

After reading through this thread and having it convince me in buying a rear Fsport sway bar... I thought I would chime in and contribute.

I just installed the Rear Fsport bar on my 06 is250. It is a quite noticeable improvement! I was worried there would be no point in it since most users say that you feel the most difference on a IS350... But even the is250 gains benefits from the install.

I already had coilovers adjusted to firm, and a 08 isf steering ecu installed... I added a cusco strut tower bar to the front and to my surprise, there was a improvement from that also.... But after the Fsport rear sway was put in, the car does gain quite more noticeable control. Feels as the steering is more precisely directed.

I have a Cusco Front sway bar I plan on installing to compliment it , hopefully it adds to the experience and not hurt what i currently have. After installing the sport rear bar the car feels perfect already.

I have more trouble finding the right angle to get up on my driveway though after the install. Meaning the car has a lot less chassis flex for sure.

Last edited by soulific; 04-14-19 at 11:54 PM.
Old 04-14-19, 11:03 PM
GaryC17
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeFig82
The ISF bar is designed that way. To accommodate the full size wheel spare tire. Not like the donut that's the I250/350 come with.
The rear IS-F bar will not fit ISX50 with full sized spare wheels! The floor pan is way too large to clear the strange bend design of the bar. You could mount one side of the bushing bracket but the other will be about an inch off to reaching the mount point due to the centre portion of the bar interfering with the floor pan.
Old 09-21-19, 08:57 PM
khebre
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Which of the following two parts are better modification for the 2009 IS350 RWD or is it better to do them both?

F SPORT Sway Bar showing both Front and Rear
Part Number: PTR0253080
F SPORT Rear Sway Bar, 2WD
  • Enhances the handling characteristics of the vehicle
  • Limits body lean without adding harshness to the ride
  • Provides a flatter, more solid cornering stance
  • High-durometer replacement rubber bushings are harder than original equipment bushings, resulting in less deflection at the bushing mount
  • Durability tested to Lexus specifications
  • F SPORT blue powder-coat finish resists corrosion and helps protect against road damage
  • F SPORT logo adds prestige
  • Direct replacement for OE parts

F SPORT Chassis BracePart Number: PTR0253081
F SPORT Chassis Brace. Strut Tie Brace, Blue, 2WD
  • Helps improve chassis stiffness under aggressive driving conditions
  • Replaces the stamped steel OE brace and joins the key rear-chassis and suspension mounting points, helping to limit deflection of the suspension particularly under high cornering loads
  • TIG welded and finished in F SPORT blue
  • Includes formed, high-strength 19mm diameter x 1.7mm wall steel tubing reinforced with laser-cut steel plate
Old 09-22-19, 10:18 AM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by khebre
Which of the following two parts are better modification for the 2009 IS350 RWD or is it better to do them both?

F SPORT Sway Bar showing both Front and Rear
Part Number: PTR0253080
F SPORT Rear Sway Bar, 2WD
  • Enhances the handling characteristics of the vehicle
  • Limits body lean without adding harshness to the ride
  • Provides a flatter, more solid cornering stance
  • High-durometer replacement rubber bushings are harder than original equipment bushings, resulting in less deflection at the bushing mount
  • Durability tested to Lexus specifications
  • F SPORT blue powder-coat finish resists corrosion and helps protect against road damage
  • F SPORT logo adds prestige
  • Direct replacement for OE parts

F SPORT Chassis BracePart Number: PTR0253081
F SPORT Chassis Brace. Strut Tie Brace, Blue, 2WD
  • Helps improve chassis stiffness under aggressive driving conditions
  • Replaces the stamped steel OE brace and joins the key rear-chassis and suspension mounting points, helping to limit deflection of the suspension particularly under high cornering loads
  • TIG welded and finished in F SPORT blue
  • Includes formed, high-strength 19mm diameter x 1.7mm wall steel tubing reinforced with laser-cut steel plate

Read this thread. You can get an insight how the parts benefit the car.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...ld-thread.html
Old 09-22-19, 11:01 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Slightly off topic, multiple people say IS-F rear won't fit isx50 with full size spare, did any come with one? I'm thinking no.
That said they it fits fine. The issue some may have is if you lowered it a lot and didn't level the rear bar properly with adjustable links. Then it *may* hit the pan.

Quick Reply: Official F-sport Sway Bar Thread!