Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Anyone with ISF brakes on?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-09, 11:40 AM
B_390_LU
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Smile

Yeah, i know. As soon as I get time to take proper pics, I will post up. I think it's time to give something back to the 2IS community instead of "stealing" all the info from here since 2007.

Originally Posted by javyLSU
It's about time you starting sharing your setup, Ferry! Looks great!

Javier
Hi Joe Z, I may be one of a few that has your intake in Western Australia. I paired it with the HKS Hybrid filter inside the stock air box. The only Lexus dealer here gave me the . Throttle response has improved and the sound from it at high RPM is great, really complements my Tanabe. Too bad your exhaust line wasn't out yet when I was looking for one, I'd have gotten yours otherwise.

I don't have a side profile pic of the car yet but I'll work on it.
Old 01-22-09, 06:42 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2) Because you must use the hubs from the IS-F (which 1/2 are longer each), the front track of your car will be widened by one inch, effectively changing your vehicle's offset on the front axle. This is big news for those of you running aggressive offsets in the front. For example - if you're running a +36 wheel in the front, installing the IS-F Brembo's will make your front wheels fit like a +23 wheel. Again, caveat emptor.
Hey Javy how's it going? I have F-Sport wheels (+40) lowered on F-Sport springs, if I get the IS-F brakes then the resulting offset will be around +27. Do you think have I'll have fender fitment problems?
Old 01-22-09, 08:09 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey Eric!

Your drop is fine - should have no problems there. It will depend more on the size tire you're running. Sewell is running this exact setup on their test IS350 with no reported issues - so as long as you're not running a huge tire in the front I would think you'd be fine.

Javier
Old 01-22-09, 08:18 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Eric!

Your drop is fine - should have no problems there. It will depend more on the size tire you're running. Sewell is running this exact setup on their test IS350 with no reported issues - so as long as you're not running a huge tire in the front I would think you'd be fine.

Javier
I knew I could count on you. I'm running the recommended 225/35 up front.
Old 01-23-09, 06:27 AM
Gator Alum
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I just purchased IS-F brakes. I am curious if I can run my stock IS350 wheels IF I get a spacer? If so, what size spacer would I need? Any input would be GREATLY appreciated!

Also, does anyone know the specific part numbers for the hubs that I need?

Link to Sewell Diagram Thinking it's 43550-53010 (RH) and 43560-53010 (LH)

Think I should get the "Splash Shields" as well? Linkn to diagram from Carson

Thanks!

Last edited by Gator Alum; 01-23-09 at 06:54 AM.
Old 01-23-09, 08:12 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Gator Alum
So I just purchased IS-F brakes. I am curious if I can run my stock IS350 wheels IF I get a spacer? If so, what size spacer would I need? Any input would be GREATLY appreciated!

Also, does anyone know the specific part numbers for the hubs that I need?

Link to Sewell Diagram Thinking it's 43550-53010 (RH) and 43560-53010 (LH)

Think I should get the "Splash Shields" as well? Linkn to diagram from Carson

Thanks!

If you purchased the IS-F Brakes through the Sewell GB, than they will supply you with the front IS-F hubs and dust shields..
If your buying them a different way, then yes you should get the dust shields..
Not sure of the actual oem part numbers for the hubs or shields.

Now onto your wheels question..
All the testing I did on CrazyMpg's IS-F showed that the Front 18x8 split 5 spoke did not fit over the front caliper on his IS-F.. I believe Sewell did a similar test as well and concluded they did not fit.

A spacer in this situation would actually Not help in anyway.
It is my opinion that if some small modifications or grinding were done to the Front IS-F Brembo calipers, they just might fit.....

Joe Z
Old 01-23-09, 08:16 AM
Gator Alum
Driver

Thanks JoeZ for your wonderful response. Maybe I should PM the Sewell guys and see what the part numbers are. I didn't get the calipers from them, bought them used on here. Could you explain to me why a spacer wouldn't help in this situation? Maybe I am confused on what a spacer actually does... Thanks.
Old 01-23-09, 08:21 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

The problem is not the "width" of the IS-F caliper, but rather the "length" (top to bottom):

Since the IS-F caliper is slightly "longer" than the IS350 caliper, it won't allow the OEM 18" wheel to rotate. Sewell actually has a video documenting the exact spot where the caliper grinds against the inner barrel of the wheel. A spacer will only push the wheel outward, and will not create any more clearance around the top and bottom of the caliper (which is where the problem is).

Javier
Old 01-23-09, 08:28 AM
Gator Alum
Driver

JavyLSU and JoeZ, you guys are so helpful. So now that I need new wheels, any ideas on offsets with the new brake setup? I am planning on doing coilovers (Tein SS or CST, unless you have other suggestions) and a SLIGHT drop so the 19s don't look funny. I DON'T want any rubbing whatsoever. Thinking 19 x 8.5 and 19 x 9.5. Just need offset help. Nothing aggressive, but rather a "stock" fit so to speak. Hopefully I make sense.
Old 01-23-09, 08:33 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

You should be looking for a front wheel with an offset around +40 to +43 if you want to avoid fender modifications. Don't go too high, or you won't clear the caliper. Don't go too low, or you'll need fender work. I would suggest choosing a full-faced wheel (like the OEM wheel with no lip) since at that amount of offset you'll barely have any room for lip anyway. Maybe look into the FiveAxis 5:AD line of wheels?

Javier
Old 01-23-09, 08:57 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

No problem... Javy covered your spacer question..

Originally Posted by Gator Alum
Thanks JoeZ for your wonderful response. Could you explain to me why a spacer wouldn't help in this situation? Maybe I am confused on what a spacer actually does... Thanks.
You can take a peak in this thread too...

IS-F 19" Wheel SWAP with 2IS 18" Wheel...& Big Brake Kit test fit as well.. w/pics

Below is another quick visual of the clearance issue with the IS-F Brembo Caliper and OEM 18x8 Split 5 Spoke wheel..

Joe Z
Attached Thumbnails Anyone with ISF brakes on?-dsc03593a.jpg  
Old 01-23-09, 09:04 AM
B_390_LU
Driver

Smile

Managed to take a quick side profile photo so the BBK can be seen. I'm no photographer, I hope this suffice.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone with ISF brakes on?-img_0420-medium-.jpg  
Old 01-23-09, 09:09 AM
Gator Alum
Driver

^^ What kind of wheels are those B 390 LU?
Old 01-23-09, 09:16 AM
B_390_LU
Driver

Hi Gator, those are 360Forged Straight 5ive wheels, custom ordered to clear the IS-F BBK. Please don't forget to specify this when you order your set. As for the offset, you can go with Javy's recommendation, mine's semi-aggressive.
Old 01-23-09, 09:22 AM
Gator Alum
Driver

You should be looking for a front wheel with an offset around +40 to +43 if you want to avoid fender modifications. Don't go too high, or you won't clear the caliper. Don't go too low, or you'll need fender work. I would suggest choosing a full-faced wheel (like the OEM wheel with no lip) since at that amount of offset you'll barely have any room for lip anyway. Maybe look into the FiveAxis 5:AD line of wheels?

Javier
So what offsets would you suggest for the rear?

Quick Reply: Anyone with ISF brakes on?