Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Espelir Active Super Down??

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-08, 08:06 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Espelir Active Super Down??

Anyone have experiance with these springs? I know most will say go with coilovers, but I'm buying a truck soon and dont have the funds for them..

But if anyone has any experiance with the Espelir ASD spring for SCX00/Supra, information and feedback on them would be great. Also what struts were used, and pics if possible.
Old 10-11-08, 08:17 AM
TJohnson
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Search function can be your friend These springs have been talked about on many many threads. I've got them and can answer any questions you might have, but check out this thread that's only a few months old and hopefully most questions will be answered there.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hlight=espilir
Old 10-11-08, 08:44 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

I can be lazy at times. thanks for the link..if I have any questions I will pm you if you dont mind.
Old 10-11-08, 01:24 PM
TJohnson
Driver

Originally Posted by turbodremz
I can be lazy at times. thanks for the link..if I have any questions I will pm you if you dont mind.
No problem. I spent about 2 months researching springs, looked all over for the best deal, and have done countless Supra suspensions so this car was a cake walk to do these. Feel free to PM if anything comes up.
Old 10-11-08, 01:26 PM
TheKevin
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them and they are good springs. My only complaint is that the drop isnt as low as i thought. So hopefully i'll get coilovers sometime soon.
Old 10-11-08, 01:45 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

ok, from what I have read, they have somewhat of a stiff/firm ride..did they seem to soften up a little after time? I would like a ride a little firmer than stock, not to stiff but not to soft.
Old 10-12-08, 06:28 PM
TJohnson
Driver

Mine were quite stiff when I first got them. Austin roads and highways aren't the most forgiving and for the first 700-900 miles, it was pretty stiff. I've now had them on the car since about February, and put maybe 1000 or so miles on it. It definitely is sitting lower than it did and the ride is not nearly as harsh anymore.

I like a very tight suspension and with this being the fun 2nd car, I don't mind if these are pretty harsh riding. They are still significantly stiffer than stock, but have definitely softened up over time and use.
Old 10-12-08, 06:38 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

good info..and i've been through austin a few times so I know exactly what you mean about the streets...same here in houston.
Old 10-13-08, 12:29 PM
itazura
Pole Position

i had them on my car for about 2 years and i personally thought they were nice and low. once they were broken in was another story tho (guessing like after a year or so). the rebound sucked as far as ride. i had tokico and espelir springs. as far as starter springs i think they would be ok tho...

once i switched to coilovers it was night and day difference. then once i went with air ride w/ coilovers combo was another night and day difference.

my 2 cents.....
Old 10-13-08, 04:36 PM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I run them w/Tokico Blues, and for a lowered car I would say they ride pretty nice while still handling very well. The comment above referring to poor rebound could have been due to the Tokicos. I've replaced a few of them already due to a similar problem. I have no intentions of going to a coilover setup as I'll never race the car. They've been on the car for over 3 years and the SC is my daily, I think they're great. Here's a sample of the stance...

Old 10-14-08, 03:59 PM
TheKevin
Lexus Champion

kyoso, nice SC. do you have any better pics?
Old 10-14-08, 04:21 PM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

Tokico/ Espelir FTW <3
Old 10-14-08, 04:26 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

kyoso, and try..both sc's look great. any particular shocks you would recommend? or would the Tokico blues be the best bet?
Old 10-14-08, 05:03 PM
TheKevin
Lexus Champion

here's mine. just installed on Oct 1st.

Old 10-15-08, 03:45 PM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by turbodremz
kyoso, and try..both sc's look great. any particular shocks you would recommend? or would the Tokico blues be the best bet?
The Tokicos are the only shocks I've ran on this car so I couldn't quite say. Overall they've been pretty good, the car corners very nicely for a heavy pig and it rides pretty good for being this low. I will buy them again.

Quick Reply: Espelir Active Super Down??