ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Suspension and Brakes (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/suspension-and-brakes-198/)
-   -   Brake TSIB for 2008 Owners Finally Released! (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/suspension-and-brakes/383824-brake-tsib-for-2008-owners-finally-released.html)

VikH 10-06-08 01:45 PM

Brake TSIB for 2008 Owners Finally Released!

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks to IS350jet, the TSIB has been updated for the 2008 model. Now you guys can be dust free like everyone else. Here it is:

slwone 10-06-08 02:48 PM

quick newb question will this eliminate the problem or reduce it? Also is this a one time thing or do I have to tell them everytime I bring the car for service, because I believe the dealership wont do it unless you let them know..

Little E 10-06-08 02:56 PM

Awesome! There is now proof.:) I'm going to have this done when I have my F spoiler installed. Thanks Vik:thumbup:

VikH 10-06-08 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by slwone (Post 3896340)
quick newb question will this eliminate the problem or reduce it? Also is this a one time thing or do I have to tell them everytime I bring the car for service, because I believe the dealership wont do it unless you let them know..

You can never totally eliminate brake dust. It is a part of the system. These pads are low dust. You will notice a 75% drop in brake dust overall. I can go for a month without cleaning the wheels and they still look better than a week with the stock pads.

Originally Posted by Little E (Post 3896359)
Awesome! There is now proof.:) I'm going to have this done when I have my F spoiler installed. Thanks Vik:thumbup:

No prob!

smokyis350 10-06-08 03:59 PM

Just talked to service department at lexus. They told me that if they replace the brake pads, it will reduce the performance of the car. Because what we have on the car right now is high performance brake pads. They will replace it with something cheaper. Which means if we want to stop 60-0 it won't stop as fast as what we have on right now.

I am debating if I should bring in my car right now to replace or later on when I need to replace my brake pads. I have 6000 miles on my car right now should I bring it in right now or when I need to replace it so I get new brake pads?

mvlbr 10-06-08 04:04 PM

Has anyone noticed any difference in terms of stopping power on the new pads compared to the old?

VikH 10-06-08 04:47 PM

I have had them on my car for 1 year. They have the same stopping power 60-0 as the stock pads. Please review the following thread. The consensus is that the TSIB pads perform the same as the stock pads. I say its better because it does not have an on/off feel anymore. Braking is more linear.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ght=brake+tsib

Kurtz 10-06-08 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by smokyis350 (Post 3896509)
Just talked to service department at lexus. They told me that if they replace the brake pads, it will reduce the performance of the car. Because what we have on the car right now is high performance brake pads. They will replace it with something cheaper. Which means if we want to stop 60-0 it won't stop as fast as what we have on right now.

I am debating if I should bring in my car right now to replace or later on when I need to replace my brake pads. I have 6000 miles on my car right now should I bring it in right now or when I need to replace it so I get new brake pads?

They are lying... or more likely just have no idea how brakes work and what actually stops the vehicle.

As long as the pads can engage ABS they will stop in -exactly- the same distance as any other pad that can also engage ABS. Physics makes it impossible for it to be otherwise.

The pads can (and will) change the -feel- of the brakes, making them less graby and more linear in response, but stopping distance (the number of feet the car requires for a single panic stop) will be exactly the same....it can't be anything else.

BIG thanks to posting the 08 update, I think I speak for all 08 owners that we've been waiting on this for a while now!

ChrISF 10-06-08 06:37 PM

lol i brought mine in 2 weeks after i bought my '08 back in july and they did it. i didnt have to wait until the '08 TSIB came out.

tieu 10-07-08 07:43 AM

so I brought in my car for the first inspection a while ago and complained about the brake dust but in the end said no tsb at the time for the 08 models so they cant do it, i said other dealerships are doing it out of courtesy and you guys cant provide that to me they said no..
this is at don valley lexus in toronto canada
so finally tsb came, I did oil change yesturday and asked them, said I already have a complaint in the system about it. The guys like well we have to inspect your car first to see if you qualify?? Im like ok what do u mean if I qualify, 08 models came with the other pads, the guys like sometimes of just how the brakes were put together?? LOL i just laughed, cuz I work as a mechanic, just give me my new pads!
now I have to drop off car and wait, ive brought the car in numerous time and they wont give me a courtesy car, and even after the oil change and car wash, you can clearly see brake dust caked on in the gaps of the rims where the guy never cleaned off...

back to the dealership

VikH 10-07-08 08:24 AM

This is the proper process to get the Brake TSIB done:

1. Complain about the excessive brake dust on your vehicle.
2. Hand them the TSIB and state you want to get this done.
3. Done.

gtmba 10-07-08 09:04 AM

Thanks so much for posting this. I have an appt Thu morning to get it done for my '08. Hard for them to argue when you can give them a TSB # with replacement part #s!!

leftyjohn 10-07-08 10:11 AM

Yeah,my dealer jerked me around 2x when I asked them to do it to my 08 250.Guess they gotta do it now!!

venZon 10-07-08 10:30 AM

Nice about time!