Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Which parts needed to swap for uni air kit? (strut mounts etc.)

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-08, 11:03 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Which parts needed to swap for uni air kit? (strut mounts etc.)

Ok, I did some searching and couldnt find anything (maybe wrong words?)
anyways, I know that when using the universal bags you need to use the stock strut mounts and such. Which parts do I need and where can I get them? please help . I'd rather not have to switch parts, I'd like to have the assembled air strut ready for when its time for the switch. Thanks for the help. if you have better luck with search, send a link. thanks again.

Last edited by Mr Jokster; 09-16-08 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-16-08, 04:34 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Why not ask the company u purchased it from? They should provide u all the details and parts u need to put your car on Air.
Old 09-16-08, 05:05 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Emerald
Why not ask the company u purchased it from? They should provide u all the details and parts u need to put your car on Air.
under my understanding, NO universal set up comes with EVERYTHING!? thuse the reason for the topic. What I've read on here is that you need to use the stock strut mounts... my question is in regards to the rear. (again Im ignorant with the GS suspension set up) the long tubular deals, is that all one piece to the strut mount? if so, then am I just needing the 2 front mounts and 2 rears.
Old 09-16-08, 11:19 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Wrong...depends on who u buy it from.

seriously, ask the people who sold it to u for help...one would think you'd trust their expert advice vs a bunch of random opinions...sum by people who arent running air.

Also, The Vendors section here @ CL has 1 or 2 vendors that will set u up with suspension kits with everything you need 'out the door'...and support people after the sale.
Old 09-17-08, 12:07 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

well, didnt know that.. I havent read one write up here from someone who who had gotten everything from the vender. What I've read are people using their stock mounts... hell, even some running coilovers had to use their stock mounts...

and this thread was directed to those running air.... are you running air? if not, then this question is not for you. Dont see why you're coming off hostile...
Old 09-17-08, 01:22 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Im not sure why you'd think im coming off as hostile?

Anywayz, Maybe you can get them to send u sum instructions and then you can post a DIY or small write-up here when u finish it up? Ive never searched for the info but it seems (from what uv said) that you'd be the first to post in regards to it.

yeah, Ive got cars (Lexus/Nissan) on Air Suspension....
Old 09-17-08, 01:53 AM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

UAS should have a kit for you directly . IMO

and Emerald knows what shes talking about
Old 09-17-08, 02:22 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Emerald
Im not sure why you'd think im coming off as hostile?

Anywayz, Maybe you can get them to send u sum instructions and then you can post a DIY or small write-up here when u finish it up? Ive never searched for the info but it seems (from what uv said) that you'd be the first to post in regards to it.

yeah, Ive got cars (Lexus/Nissan) on Air Suspension....
yea, I retract my statement on hostility... I hate forums man, you just dont know the tone of people. thats a big FAIL!

as for instructions... yea I was pretty confused on what they sent me (which was nothing) and it looks as if they may have left some fitting out... I consider myself pretty mechanicly inclined (I do have drag car might I add) and IMO, air ride is pretty damn easy! (well if it were a completely assembled kit) I did do on set up on an old Lincoln Mark VIII I used to have, but it already had bags, so it was mostly just running lines... anyways, right before I posted this, I had sent them a message about it. I just thought I'd get a quicker response on here. I read through a DIY that was written about a uni kit about 5 months ago and through there I read on a few other installs of the same, and all of them had to use their stock strut mounts and THATS why I thought it was common.... Under my understanding on what i have read, these are the parts I need to swap out and just needed to verify that with those that have done it:

great, now I cant find the other thread on what I'm looking for...