Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Please help evaluate Alignment Report GS300 Tein STech

Old 07-28-08, 10:47 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Question Please help evaluate Alignment Report GS300 Tein STech

Hello,

My 2003 GS300 Sport Design is lowered on Tein STech w/ OEM SD Struts (L-Tuned?).

I was studying it carefully and it looks like all they have adjusted was toe.

In your opinion, would there be any adverse affects on my tires with these readings?

Please kindly advise. Your input is highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Old 07-28-08, 11:55 PM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

caster is fine, coming from an S13 background these cars have a lot of caster, but thats not an issue. it sortof determines where the wheel is situatted in the wheel arch, and the more positive caster the quicker the wheel returns to centre. So that is fine at that setting.

camber you really want fairly even and as low as possible i guess for tyre wear. anywhere between Zero and -1 up front is fine, it wont wear your tyres and aids with handling/turn-in. they look like they made it a tiny bit more even at the front which is okay.rear they look like they havent done anything, again it is nice to get as close as possible but it is okay and not excessive in any way, just a fairly natural amount of camber.

toe you pretty much want close to zero so i think that is fine what you have there relative to your other settings. it looks like it was a bit whacky being a little out either way before, so it is now even and less so that is a good thing.
Old 08-03-08, 09:55 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

bump. any other input from tein stech owners?
Old 08-07-08, 10:25 PM
93twintrbo
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Those setting are ok at best. The tech didnt spend much time getting the camber even. Caster in the front looks good as you have 2/10th going left. Anywhere between 2/10ths and 4/10ths is fine for the crown of the road.

For this suspension you shouldnt have any adverse tire wear from these settings. As long as the car goes straight and the steering wheel is straight you should be fine. If you are an aggressive corner driver you will want a bit more negative camber in the front. I would suggest these setting for an agressive driver with very good wear characteristics.

Front--
camber** -1.2 on both sides
Caster**As much as you can get out of the car, except 3/10ths lower on left front
Toe** .15 deg total toe in

Rear
Camber**-1.5 negative on both rears
Toe** 0deg total toe