Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Adjustable Rear Camber For Gs98-05

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-08, 08:59 PM
Burton
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phamboogie
So the front and rear camber kits came in a day earlier than expected. Judging by the pics posted, I have a good idea where the rear RCAs are mounted--behind brakes.

What I don't know is where the front camber kit mounts to? I'm sure I'll figure it out tomorrow when I install them, but if anyone can post up where you install it I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Here's what the front camber kit looks like:

They go on the lower part of the front suspension between the ball joint and the spindle.

Ben
Old 09-01-08, 09:06 PM
Phamboogie
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RMMGS4

Left hole position (shown in the picture adds about +1 degree camber)

middle hole position (shown in picture is estimated to add about +2 degrees of camber)

right hole position (picture not shown) is estimated to add about +3 degrees of camber
Here is another picture just so you can get a better understanding of what RMMGS4 is saying:

Thanks for the quick answer, Ben!
Old 09-02-08, 09:37 PM
Phamboogie
Lead Lap

Exclamation

And so I encountered a problem. While I received the correct product from Exact, I believe Sewell only ships out the more recent style balljoints that look like this:

Do you notice the small bump in the center? That's causing me to not be able to successfully mate the front RCA. I believe John (from Exact) said that it's the new design on the 01+ GS's.

Here, you can see it's slightly raised. On the 98-00 model GS, it's not raised, but rather flat.

I own a 99 GS. If I used the current balljoints (already on the car), the product would have fit perfectly. Since I received the updated balljoints (to replace old balljoints), I needed to get the camber kit made specifically for the 01+ GS's. This wasn't the case since I was under the impression that I was going to get the 99 GS balljoints (from Sewell) hence me stating on the order form (for the camber kit) I have a 99 GS. I spoke to John about my problem so I'm getting it exchanged. He's a good guy and is very helpful, by the way.

Please keep in mind I am not badmouthing Sewell OR Exact Motorsports. I am simply informing you guys of a possible "problem". Does it matter which balljoints you order or have? No. What matters is knowing which one you have on the car prior to purchasing the front RCAs (assuming you already replaced the balljoints).

As I mentioned earlier, I assume Sewell only ships out the more recent design balljoints. Even if you have a 98-00 GS, you may have replaced the balljoints that are used on the 01+. With that said, when purchasing the front RCAs, make sure you inform Exact about which design (balljoint) you have!

I left my camera at my cousin's house with my pics on it. Once I get it back, I will post them up. I hope I was able to explain the potential problem clearly for everyone to understand. Though it may be half past midnight, I am quite exhausted.

Layman's terms/Cliffnotes: If you replaced your balljoints and plan to buy a camber kit for the front from Exact, find out whether your balljoints look like the ones that are posted in this post (01+). If it has no bump in the middle, then you have the 98-00 GS balljoint. Though it is important you let them know what year GS you own, it is imperative both you and Exact Motorsports know which balljoints are installed so they can send you the right kit.

The pictures were taken from here.

Last edited by Phamboogie; 09-02-08 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Editing text.
Old 09-04-08, 11:00 AM
Phamboogie
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by EXACT
Don't worry from now on, we will modify all the 98-99 front RCA to fit with the new ball joints, so they will fit 98-2005 GS model.
K, no one needs to stress about the balljoint issue now!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=11
Old 09-17-08, 10:41 PM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

does anyone else have these on the fronts? how are they? how hard is it to aline everything?
Old 09-18-08, 06:28 AM
Phamboogie
Lead Lap

I still haven't installed these yet, but I think it would be best if you let professionals align your car.
Old 09-18-08, 08:53 AM
krazyGs3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by EXACT
Good news GS owners! We finally have the rear RCA done & ready to ship, limited supply on hand. PM us or call Sandy to reserve.
how much for the rear kit only and shipping cost to hawaii??
Old 09-18-08, 09:01 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Phamboogie
I still haven't installed these yet, but I think it would be best if you let professionals align your car.
2nd that.

In fact YOU MUST ALIGN THE CAR IMMEDIATELY AFTER INSTALLATION.

It's best if your installer also has alignment services, but otherwise go to an alignment shop nearby. Either way, do it right away.

Old 09-24-08, 11:15 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by krazyGs3
how much for the rear kit only and shipping cost to hawaii??
Dude...if you the first 10 members to buy....you get it at $299....otherwise...its $399. Then add paypal fee on top of that...which I don't mind.

Unfortunately, the shipping to Oahu killed the deal for me...they quoted me $90 for FedEx. Funny thing was...I suggested USPS Flat Rate in advance as the best and affordable way to ship to Hawaii....but they never went the extra mile to find out. Anyways, USPS Flat Rate is around $10 to all 50 states....no matter the weight...as long as it fits in the box...which Im pretty sure it does.

Pete

Last edited by PHML; 09-25-08 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-26-08, 02:10 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PHML
Dude...if you the first 10 members to buy....you get it at $299....otherwise...its $399. Then add paypal fee on top of that...which I don't mind.

Unfortunately, the shipping to Oahu killed the deal for me...they quoted me $90 for FedEx. Funny thing was...I suggested USPS Flat Rate in advance as the best and affordable way to ship to Hawaii....but they never went the extra mile to find out. Anyways, USPS Flat Rate is around $10 to all 50 states....no matter the weight...as long as it fits in the box...which Im pretty sure it does.

Pete
Man, is this true? Why don't companies want to ship USPS to Hawaii for us? We always get raped on shipping charges even if there are often cheaper alternatives. US Postal Priority mail is a very good and reliable service and affordable. Why are business so afraid to use the United States Post Office? I really want these but $90 for shipping just for a couple of metal pieces? I had 4 heavy rotors shipped to me for less than $90.
Old 09-26-08, 03:00 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Man, is this true? Why don't companies want to ship USPS to Hawaii for us? We always get raped on shipping charges even if there are often cheaper alternatives. US Postal Priority mail is a very good and reliable service and affordable. Why are business so afraid to use the United States Post Office? I really want these but $90 for shipping just for a couple of metal pieces? I had 4 heavy rotors shipped to me for less than $90.
Oops...off topic...but Chris, you're exactly right....no luv for Hawaii ppl....I shipped 4 rotors and pads from CA ( 4 separate boxes)....costed me less than $40 using USPS Flat rate for the entire order.
Old 09-26-08, 04:28 AM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

umm i am interested too..

may be i can call exact and have a few front and rear set ship together to my shop to save shipping.

me, chris, pete, jason who else from hawaii?
Old 09-26-08, 05:09 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by REV-01
umm i am interested too..

may be i can call exact and have a few front and rear set ship together to my shop to save shipping.

me, chris, pete, jason who else from hawaii?
I'm down if something can be worked out.
Old 09-26-08, 11:40 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Im out...got another brand

Last edited by PHML; 09-26-08 at 12:16 PM.
Old 11-10-08, 08:20 PM
Phamboogie
Lead Lap

And so I encountered yet another problem! Haha well, for anybody that plans to buy the front RCAs, you MUST HAVE 17" wheels or larger otherwise the tie rod will scrape against your wheel! I have the OEM 16" wheels:

I haven't bothered to install the rear RCAs if anybody is wondering.

Quick Reply: Adjustable Rear Camber For Gs98-05