Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Need advice on raising my is300

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-08, 12:26 PM
omnixboi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on raising my is300

Just to start off, I'm really new, have pretty much no knowledge on cars n what not. But I recently bought an is300, it came with 19' rims and the previous owner actually cut the springs to lower the car. Obviously the ride is pretty bad. When I turn the steering wheel too far right or left, the wheel scrapes the fender. I'm wondering what kind of shocks/springs/coilovers you guys would suggest I buy to help out this problem. I would still like the car lower than stock, but still drivable on the highway and everything. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 07-16-08, 01:55 PM
FRSHbread
Driver School Candidate

well let's see, it depends on how low you are willing to go. if you want to revert to stock setup, then i'm not really sure. i know that tanabe has springs that you can get and it will be like 5% stiffer than stock and will lower the car. i'm thinking about doing this to my IS as well so i can help you out. i think the ones i'm talking about are NF? not quite sure. i'm sure anything will be better than cut springs right now, but look around and check out those springs.
Old 07-21-08, 02:27 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

I think you need to take a step backward before going foward. I would go get the stock springs and put them on and drive around with them to find out if you have other suspension problems. With the previous owner cutting the springs other suspension damage could happen, which can be made worse by aftermarket stuff. Once everything is ok, for springs, I have and wating for the install , road magnet springs, used by team lexus, the drop is about a inch. Other good options are eibach and tein. If you have the money coilovers is the best option and all the brands I hear are good. Good luck