ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Suspension and Brakes (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/suspension-and-brakes-32/)
-   -   Supra MKIV sway bars in a SC (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/suspension-and-brakes/363575-supra-mkiv-sway-bars-in-a-sc.html)

Erukian 06-26-08 12:45 PM

Supra MKIV sway bars in a SC

Yes i searched, i spent an hour or two searching, I either suck at searching or I need to put more time into it.

I'm considering ordering the Titan Motorsports sway bar (same price as the Daizen but stiffer.. better for my road racing goal.;) I was curious if anyone has experience with installing a Supra-designed sway bar, what other parts I would need and where I can order those parts.

The Daizen website is down, did they go out of business?

I appreciate any helpful feedback.

-Joe

edit, Mods - please move this to Suspension - sorry.

Luv2xl 06-26-08 01:05 PM

Joe.. I hate to break it to you but my guess is you didn't search or not even enough... but I understand how it can get with the search function.
To attempt to direct in the right path, you will need additional parts inorder to utilize TT sways on the SC. For starters and most importantly are the subframe mounts. These would have to be purchased through Carson Toyota.
However in my opinion, since you are going all the way by purchasing aftermarket sways, why not just pick up aftermarket sways for the SC. Assuming the aftermarket sways are designed with less bends then the stock sway bar. This direction will eliminate the hassel of removing the SC subframe mounts as well as save you some cashola...

Good Luck!

One HoT 06-26-08 01:12 PM

You need TT subframe mounts to make TT bars work on your SC...Front bar is identical but the rear is shaped differently but the same thickness...

PS; You did not search thoroughly enough...

One HoT 06-26-08 01:14 PM

I believe Daizen's founder and owner has recently passed away...Some of the items such as rack bushing are on national backorder...

TheMole 06-26-08 04:50 PM

Supra Subframe Mounts Part Numbers:
52206-14010
52205-14020

JspecSC3 06-26-08 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Erukian (Post 3634573)

The Daizen website is down, did they go out of business?

I appreciate any helpful feedback.

-Joe

edit, Mods - please move this to Suspension - sorry.

To the best of my knowledge the Supra sway bars are interchangeable with the SCs. If you cant get to Daizen you can always look up Todd at TMengineering.net for which is a vendor of Daizen products.

Moving...:dance1:

SCoupe 07-03-08 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by JspecSC3 (Post 3635273)
To the best of my knowledge the Supra sway bars are interchangeable with the SCs.

Interchangable if you did what One HoT said, install TT subframe mounts to make TT bars work on your SC...
To be clear, you need REAR TT subframe mounts to make the rear TT bars bolt up. The correct part numbers are posted by sc300max.

The stiffness come from the more direct shape with less bend allowing less less flex, therefore stiffer. That's the differnece between the two.

DasBach 07-04-08 12:25 AM

I got a pair in the FS thread if you want to check it out, 200 for everything. Not trying to thread jack or anything, but its sways, NIB Subframe mounts and NIB Energy Suspension bushings.

Turbo? 07-20-08 02:23 PM

i have a TRD strut bar on my SC and it works perfecly!

TheMole 07-20-08 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Turbo? (Post 3693507)
i have a TRD strut bar on my SC and it works perfecly!

I believe this thread is about swaybars, not strut bars.:D

SCoupe 07-23-08 01:28 AM

Sway Bar Bible with Pix

1 Attachment(s)
Finally I found this on my hard drive, perfect because you can see for yourself that it is the direct shape and lack of bends that helps so much with stiffening the SC ride:

imho, the best SC/Supra sway bar write-ups ever seen (props to the author, unknown):

pmpdaddyt 07-23-08 08:51 AM

that is a great write up. thanks for posting

DRFT103 09-05-08 09:31 AM

ok, i read the write up, and was thinking about getting these sway bars for a supra from titan, are these the subframe mounts that i need? because that would save alot of trouble if they already came with the kit

https://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg....2015_226176001

5sp_jzz30 09-05-08 04:29 PM

you need the supra subframe mounts. these sway dont come with subframe mounts because...well the supra already has them.

get the whiteline ones. its a good company and a lot cheaper then titan.

mteele 09-06-08 03:55 PM

I think you are confusing your subframe mounts with your sway bar mounts :) Those mounts that come with the titan sway are what you use to mount the sway bar to the subframe mount. The SC's subframe mount has no provision for mounting a sway bar to it (since it it mounted to the body), thus the need for the Supra subframe mount.