Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

EDFC Not Lighting Up!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-08, 10:49 AM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default EDFC Not Lighting Up!

I just finished installing my Eclipse AVN 6620. Lemmie first tell ya, ITS AN AWESOME unit. I'll be posting pics in the A/V section soon as i get everything clean up.

Anyways. When re-attached my EDFC, I got alot of beeps and stuff coming out of it. I didnt get the red dots, which I heard happens when your motor mounts are malfunctioning.

I didnt touch any of the motor mounts or wire harnesses, I just unplugged the three harnesses: power, front, and rear; when uninstalling everything under my steering wheel.

I plugged everything back in and it worked fine for a day. Then last night everything just went black. Nothing is responding. Is the power wire harness supposed to protrude naturally pasted the front and rear harnesses? My power wire (middle) harness is not flush with the others.

I have also read about a misoperation preventive function, which essentially shuts down the EDFC if you dont want others messing with it if some1 else is driving your car. How is this function turned on and off? You think I may have activated it?

Please help fellas this is irritating me!

Thanks alot guys,

Chris
Old 03-27-08, 11:19 AM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Chris, have Tommy troubleshoot it for you over the weekend!!
Old 03-27-08, 11:41 AM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexus GS3
Chris, have Tommy troubleshoot it for you over the weekend!!
Thats a good idea. But I have a wedding to go this weekend.

I was gonna call him for that custom box anyways. I doubt it was the way he installed it. I only started having problems when I was unplugging and plugging the EDFC unit back in with install/deinstallion. I'll give u a ring next week fa sure.
Old 03-28-08, 09:58 AM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Default I'm Retarded

I'm an idiot. Since I bought the EDFC used, I didnt have an instruction manual. Holding the "Power" button for 3+ seconds activates the disabler. Re-pressing the "Power" button re-activates it.

DOH!
Old 10-24-08, 05:58 PM
ghettoaww
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having a similar problem but I haven't done anything else to my car. I turn it on the edfc flickers green for a sec then I hear a beep and the thing isn't lit up or anything. When I turn the car off I hear a beep. Going to try the above and maybe have it looked at. But anyone have any other suggestions? Only had my coilovers for 3+ months. Thanks.
Old 10-30-08, 06:45 AM
Tank
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by PushinLEX
I'm an idiot. Since I bought the EDFC used, I didnt have an instruction manual. Holding the "Power" button for 3+ seconds activates the disabler. Re-pressing the "Power" button re-activates it.

DOH!
Hey bro, how did you wire you EDFC? did you splice it into the radio or did you find another spot to get power, etc. from?