Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Who actually has the "gixxer_drew" Bilstein / Hypercoil setup?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-08, 09:39 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mteele
For what that guy wanted shipped, I could get a new set for $100 more...not worth it to me. I'm going to go ahead and place my order with eshocks sometime this week and then just wait it out.
Yup tell me about it. I have 3 or 4 shows within this month, I wanted to get it done. I still kinda regret my decision, but whatcha going to do.
Old 02-19-08, 09:56 AM
SCoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
eshocks doesnt have them, they were out when i called. These shocks are on a nationwide shortage. They will be back in stock around march 15th or later.
...and that is very much the truth as best I can determine. I ordered a set back in November and by mid-December it emerged that the donor shock was completely out of stock, that they would be shipped to Bilstein San Diego mid-March and revalved to Supra spec. Following that process they would be shipped to customers. All during that time I'd read here and in Supra Forums about a member saying they could get them at "------" When I pm'd them, the story was the same, the order was placed and in about two weeks they told the same thing as me. That reality is now reflected in the Gixxer Drew thread as well on SF

There are none available anywhere in the retail or wholesale channel, if someone has factually knows a place that has them on a shelf ready to go, please pm.

Just because you found a store that allows you to add them to "Your Cart" and take your payment does not mean you will get them anytime soon.
Old 02-19-08, 08:26 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

lol well I got my one random sleeve in. (1 from Nevada, 3 from Ohio). So thats 1/12 of needed parts.
Old 02-20-08, 09:01 AM
Checkk
Driver

Looks like a Vendor on ebay has the shocks. Maybe one of you guys should try emailing them and see if they have it in stock.
Old 02-20-08, 12:27 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Checkk
Looks like a Vendor on ebay has the shocks. Maybe one of you guys should try emailing them and see if they have it in stock.
I called all the ones on ebay.

None have it. When you buy from them, they ship directly from the warehouse. Thats why no one has it, because the warehouse for Bilstein doesnt have them.
Old 02-22-08, 04:20 PM
mr2tosc4
Lexus Test Driver

Hey Matt, we all know you're enjoying your setup right now but did you take pics of your install? If not, could you just confirm to us the items on the gixxer thread that you bought and did not buy and where you found the alternative? You're the first known (maybe not) follower of the gixxer - bilstein-hypercoil in the sc forums and we'd like it to be well documented. Thanks.

Eric
Old 02-24-08, 04:37 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

I took some pics of the install. When I have a moment of free time I will do a review on them. In his thread is where i bought all my stuff. summit, shox, and shock shop.
Old 02-24-08, 05:54 AM
mr2tosc4
Lexus Test Driver

sweet. thanks!