Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Air better than Coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-08, 11:51 PM
Tank
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Air better than Coilovers?

Wassup CL!! need some opinions from all of you guys and gals out there that have air on your rides and how would you rate them over coilovers, are they better? worse? need some insight on what I should get 4 my ride, I like the air system but I'm wondering how well it handles on the curves, would I be giving up performance? Also, what air system would you recommend.

Thanks 4 your time.
Old 02-13-08, 05:42 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i just got coilovers afew weeks ago and i love them. they ride well and handle much better than stock. air would be nice, if i had the money. as to the handling of air, i hear it can be good, but i'm not sure. i';m used to driving small modified sports sedans and coupes which handle very well, and a lot of people on air may not be comparing it to similar cars when they say it handles well...
Old 02-13-08, 09:31 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

i could be wrong, but i'll throw it out there:
coilovers = performance driven = $$$
air = show = $$$$$

Old 02-13-08, 11:59 AM
ShaneC
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if your looking for performance coilovers is the way to go. problem with this is... to get the maximum performance, the car should not be slammed super low. my car was slammed pretty low on Tein Ha (sig photo) and the performance was good but could of been better if i raised the car about 1inch higher. i wanted to have the car sit low so i settled with it. avoided large speed bumps and high driveways. worked out great. drive low and parked low.

the UAS air suspension ( i just installed in my car) has very good performance ( i say coilovers may still be alittle better on the performance side) while giving me the option to slam the car on the ground when i park. i dont have to worry about where i drive any more.

also i plan on getting a Lip kit for the car, with coilovers i would NEVER think about getting anything that is made of fiberglass. with air... NO problem
Old 02-14-08, 04:43 PM
slowpokeGS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what about daily driving? would you still go air, if so, what system?
Old 02-15-08, 11:04 AM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I heard that you can add air cylinders to your current coilover setup (I have Tein CS V.2) to create a UAS system? How is this done and wat company's can do this? What is the total cost if you already have the coilovers? I'm very interested in this.