Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

help Rear air suspension fitment problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-17, 08:20 PM
ayeeace
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help Rear air suspension fitment problem

Left side inner fender as u can see the bag was rubbing a lot
Left bag that poped
Ride side inner fender rubbing way more then the left side
About to pop this is the right side air bag
Some more picture of the rubbing marks from the bags
hi everyone I had my air suspension. On my car for about months and my rear air bags poped due to really bad rubbing on the inner fender I'm getting new bags to replace the two tears but I want to figure out how I can fix this issue so it doesn't happen again well at least not every 3-4 months can any one give me pointers maybe I installed them wrong or maybe need do some type of modification ?? Thank you for your time and help

air struts type-full sleeved
maker-truhart
Old 02-16-17, 09:10 PM
firelizard

Received 421 Likes on 336 Posts

https://serialnine.com/products/jzs1...offset-tophats
Old 02-16-17, 09:12 PM
ayeeace
Driver School Candidate

Would those work on my tru hart air struts ??

Last edited by ayeeace; 02-16-17 at 09:40 PM.
Old 02-17-17, 01:51 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by ayeeace
Would those work on my tru hart air struts ??
I wanna say no for one of 2 reasons. I believe these are for the front and not the rear, they're too big to fit in the rear. The other reason depends on how the truharts are assembled and if you can remove the mount that came from it or not. Either way, pretty sure those top hats wont fit in the rear. Might want to contact the company and either ask if they would fit in the rear (or if they make them for the rear) if they dont know if they fit, then you can ask for the dimensions and come to your own conclusion.
Old 02-20-17, 11:03 AM
kowala
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know if this is a cost effective solution, but have you thought of maybe purchasing rear bags from airlift? It seems they developed an inversed design (bellow near the bottom of strut) for the rears which would help mitigate that rubbing issue.
Old 02-20-17, 11:27 AM
ayeeace
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kowala
I don't know if this is a cost effective solution, but have you thought of maybe purchasing rear bags from airlift? It seems they developed an inversed design (bellow near the bottom of strut) for the rears which would help mitigate that rubbing issue.

Yea I'm thinking about doing that I should of went that route the first time when I bought the v2 mangment becuase I already got the relaxed the bags from truhart but if it's going to pop again no point in keeping them if I can't figure out a way to mod the rear to stop the rubbing I'll switch over
Old 02-20-17, 11:49 AM
ayeeace
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
I wanna say no for one of 2 reasons. I believe these are for the front and not the rear, they're too big to fit in the rear. The other reason depends on how the truharts are assembled and if you can remove the mount that came from it or not. Either way, pretty sure those top hats wont fit in the rear. Might want to contact the company and either ask if they would fit in the rear (or if they make them for the rear) if they dont know if they fit, then you can ask for the dimensions and come to your own conclusion.

i emailed both serial 9 and tru harts they won't fit serial 9 said they are only for the front and tru harts said pretry much the same thing
Old 03-20-17, 03:34 AM
Riksgs808
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mr. Jokester and kowala both right. Thise tophats not gonna work on the rear. And airlift struts would help you out. But I dont know if you hanna buy a whole nother set of bags. Another solution is to hammer it out and make room there. Ive only had to hammer and pound in that spot with airrex bellows in the rear never on sleeve bags. Iys wierd its happening while on a sleeve bag. Anyway, hammering it in so you have clearance wouldnt cost you a thing nor will it affect your aesthetically. But your always gonna know in your mind that you hammered the **** out of your inner fender well. Lmao. But it works. I made enough room in there for double bellow bags. Good luck.
Old 10-19-17, 12:16 PM
yota83
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Riksgs808
Mr. Jokester and kowala both right. Thise tophats not gonna work on the rear. And airlift struts would help you out. But I dont know if you hanna buy a whole nother set of bags. Another solution is to hammer it out and make room there. Ive only had to hammer and pound in that spot with airrex bellows in the rear never on sleeve bags. Iys wierd its happening while on a sleeve bag. Anyway, hammering it in so you have clearance wouldnt cost you a thing nor will it affect your aesthetically. But your always gonna know in your mind that you hammered the **** out of your inner fender well. Lmao. But it works. I made enough room in there for double bellow bags. Good luck.
hey fellas any update on this thread? Thise happened to me twice and wanna know what you did to solve this. Can you post a pic of your inner fender where you made more clearance?
Im debating if i wanna get the airlift rear bags ($900)and know for a fact there will be no rubbing problems or replace my airrex sleeves ($700) and bang my inner fenders. The only reason whats stopping me from banging the wall is because my bags was rubbing near the mounting nut where the stock suspension bolts to the inner fender wall. If i bang it to make clearance, im afraid i wont be able to put my stock suspension back on if i needed to.