Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

I need directions on how to replace the front Lower Control Arms

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-07, 07:49 AM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need directions on how to replace the front Lower Control Arms

Would someone please post directions on how to replace the front Lower Control Arms.

Also, please post the torque specs for all the bolts too.

Thanks!

Scott
Old 04-26-07, 08:42 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I extracted these for you.

Download the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
LCA.pdf (124.4 KB, 561 views)
Old 04-26-07, 01:50 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my mech is going to charge me $120 for this job...:sadface:
Old 04-26-07, 11:45 PM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GSteg
I extracted these for you.

Download the attachment.
Hey thanks for the attachment. From reading this I now know I will not be doing the install myself!
Old 04-27-07, 01:47 AM
GSteg
Rookie

It's not as bad as you think. As long as you have air tools, then you're good to go.
Old 04-27-07, 09:14 AM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

It's not as bad as you think. As long as you have air tools, then you're good to go.

Hey GStet,

After looking at the page you sent more carefully I'm confused about something and hoping you can shed some light on it for me.

I'm getting tramaling with the car after doing the Daizen bushings install. And after getting info from Lexforlife in this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=274648

his recommendation is to get the daizen bushings and change the upper a arm and castor bushings only but dont change the lower control arm bushings....

his reply to my question was ...

"the shimmy went away because you did the castor arm and upper a arms , your tramlining is because the lower does not allow much if any deflection so car will follow every groove and crown in roads .. you almost have to fight the wheel. i went back to stock lowers and immed my alignment was better and tracking improved by at least 90% with almost 0 tramlining"

SOOOO.... is the lower control arm he is talking about the No.1 Lower Suspension Arm or is it the No.2 Lower Suspension Arm? Which one is he considering the lower control arm?

Or is the No.2 Suspension Arm the Castor bushing arm that he recommends to replace with daizens bushings?

I want to make sure I get the right one. Thanks for your help!

Scott
Old 04-27-07, 10:01 AM
GSteg
Rookie

He's talking about the No. 1 Suspension arm. Its the one with the camber bolt on it (torqued to 127 ft-lbs.).

But since you're taking it out, why not just replace the bushing while you're at it? Go to the dealer and ask for the new front camber bushings. They retail for $11.57 per side so it's about $24 for both front side. That is, unless you're changing out the whole arm . I too wouldn't recommend putting in the daizen bushings for the lower control arm. Just use the caster and the upper control bushings. Replace the lower control arm bushings with the OEM unit. It's going to be better than your current marshmallo
Old 04-27-07, 12:44 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

I too wouldn't recommend putting in the daizen bushings for the lower control arm.
Is there a reason why?
Old 04-27-07, 01:07 PM
GSteg
Rookie

I'll try to pull out the link when I get home tonight
Old 04-27-07, 11:40 PM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

He's talking about the No. 1 Suspension arm. Its the one with the camber bolt on it (torqued to 127 ft-lbs.).

But since you're taking it out, why not just replace the bushing while you're at it? Go to the dealer and ask for the new front camber bushings. They retail for $11.57 per side so it's about $24 for both front side. That is, unless you're changing out the whole arm . I too wouldn't recommend putting in the daizen bushings for the lower control arm. Just use the caster and the upper control bushings. Replace the lower control arm bushings with the OEM unit. It's going to be better than your current marshmallo

Hey GSteg,

Thanks so much for getting back to me and clearing this up.

I called Luis at Carson Toyota and told him I needed the front camber bushings and he couldn't find it in the computer. So, I looked it up online knowing that they retail for $11.57 per your post and found them here:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...00&catalogid=1

They don't list the part number, but they retail for $11.57 so these must be them. Please let me know if this is the right part to replace as per the post by Lexforlife. I hope so since I already ordered it!

I like how they have the illustrations for you and it sure looks like the bushings to me. These bushings are a lot cheaper than buying the whole arm.

Will these bushing need to be pressed in? Or is it a simple remove and replace thing?

I know there are a bunch of us who have already installed the Daizen bushings kit. I wonder how many others are having trouble with tramaling? When Lexforlife said that it's like fighting the wheel he exactly described what it's like for me. This would be great info to make sure all on CL know about before they go and have the entire kit installed. I hope by replacing these bushings I will not have the tramaling and not have to fight the wheel as it wants to go in every direction from every little bump in the road.

When i get it replaced I'l let you know. Thanks again for all the help!

Scott
Old 05-01-07, 10:09 AM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Scott1258
Hey GSteg,

Thanks so much for getting back to me and clearing this up.

I called Luis at Carson Toyota and told him I needed the front camber bushings and he couldn't find it in the computer. So, I looked it up online knowing that they retail for $11.57 per your post and found them here:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...00&catalogid=1

They don't list the part number, but they retail for $11.57 so these must be them. Please let me know if this is the right part to replace as per the post by Lexforlife. I hope so since I already ordered it!

I like how they have the illustrations for you and it sure looks like the bushings to me. These bushings are a lot cheaper than buying the whole arm.

Will these bushing need to be pressed in? Or is it a simple remove and replace thing?

I know there are a bunch of us who have already installed the Daizen bushings kit. I wonder how many others are having trouble with tramaling? When Lexforlife said that it's like fighting the wheel he exactly described what it's like for me. This would be great info to make sure all on CL know about before they go and have the entire kit installed. I hope by replacing these bushings I will not have the tramaling and not have to fight the wheel as it wants to go in every direction from every little bump in the road.

When i get it replaced I'l let you know. Thanks again for all the help!

Scott
any type of bushing for the control arms = pressed in. why not just get the daizen control arm bushings (whole set) for $100 and be done with it? the polyurthane bushings can last as long as the car does, and you don't have to worry about replacing the bushings again at 60k.
Old 05-01-07, 10:51 PM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ElitistK
any type of bushing for the control arms = pressed in. why not just get the daizen control arm bushings (whole set) for $100 and be done with it? the polyurthane bushings can last as long as the car does, and you don't have to worry about replacing the bushings again at 60k.
Hi ElitistK,

I have already installed the daizen bushings kit. Perhaps you missed the part where we were discussing how the daizen lower control arm bushings cause the car to tramaline. Lexforlife brought this up in the post I referenced earlier in the thread. He went back to the oem lca bushing, while keeping the rest of the daizen bushings, and it went away. I've got the oem lca bushings on order and will have them installed in a week or two and will keep the rest of my daizen bushings too.
Old 05-02-07, 01:24 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Scott1258
Hi ElitistK,

I have already installed the daizen bushings kit. Perhaps you missed the part where we were discussing how the daizen lower control arm bushings cause the car to tramaline. Lexforlife brought this up in the post I referenced earlier in the thread. He went back to the oem lca bushing, while keeping the rest of the daizen bushings, and it went away. I've got the oem lca bushings on order and will have them installed in a week or two and will keep the rest of my daizen bushings too.
scott:

you bought the one circled in blue. the one circled in red is the one that goes out every 60k and is also the one i need to replace. are you riding on daizen lower control arm bushings right now? does it tramline that badly?

Last edited by ElitistK; 05-02-07 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-02-07, 10:29 PM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ElitistK
scott:

you bought the one circled in blue. the one circled in red is the one that goes out every 60k and is also the one i need to replace. are you riding on daizen lower control arm bushings right now? does it tramline that badly?
Elitistk,

Yes, I installed the complete daizen bushings kit which includes the lower control arm bushings. And YES it does tramline that bad.

I have the oem lca bushings on order for the arm you circled in blue in the other post. It is my understanding that this is the one you want to keep oem and not do the daizen bushings on. This oem bushing does come by itself and I posted above where you can get it from. When I receive it I will post the part # for anyone else that may be looking for it. After I get it installed I will also post my review of if the tramline goes away.

I hope this helps you. Best wishes,

Scott
Old 05-02-07, 10:30 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

thanks scott. i was afraid that the red one by daizen will cause tramline...i'll keep in mind to keep the blue one stock. my blue one is still in great shape though...how come yours is worn out? are you lowered and/or oversized rim (18" +)

Quick Reply: I need directions on how to replace the front Lower Control Arms