Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

ULTIMATE REFERENCE - Springs, Shocks, Wheels, Pics [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-08, 09:07 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

iirc, daizen springs are comparable to espelirs, if not, a tad lower, really a TAD
Old 10-12-08, 09:13 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bump at new members request

Originally Posted by j stuff
Not my car, I had a hard time finding someone on 19s with Tanabe DF210 but here ya go. Spreading the knowledge to a couple threads.
There is no way those are DFs, unless they are molested I mean chopped
Old 10-12-08, 09:52 PM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
iirc, daizen springs are comparable to espelirs, if not, a tad lower, really a TAD
Daizen Added.
Old 10-12-08, 09:56 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

merged threads.

Last edited by Seize; 10-12-08 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10-13-08, 03:49 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
There is no way those are DFs, unless they are molested I mean chopped
w/the Fonz. did 4play4dr get a hack at those?
also, that is an uneven driveway. it inclines then plateau's. not really an accurate testament to determine its stance
Old 10-14-08, 03:35 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
w/the Fonz. did 4play4dr get a hack at those?
also, that is an uneven driveway. it inclines then plateau's. not really an accurate testament to determine its stance
There was actually another member prior to 4play4d that hacked his DFs as well. I think it was gulf kid or something like that, so you were not alone, but it was also a temp thing for him as he went with bags
I guess they don't ride that bad? I just don't see how with the strut being bottomed out.
Old 12-11-08, 09:31 PM
J-Spin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by movinquick
Tanabe NF210 and KYB-GR2 combo on LSportline M1 20x8.5 all around. Smooth ride.
GS looks good. I am thinking about going with the same suspension set up.
Old 12-17-08, 08:28 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Ok so I've got a complicated situation ...

I have a heavy-a$$ system in the trunk (custom, not easily removed) and I want to lower the car. I was thinking of Tanabe DF210's and the KYB shocks but I'm worried that the springs might sag too much over time and create serious rubbing issues in the rear, especially since I have people ride in the back regularly. Would this be a good setup? Would the l-tuned combo setup be better if i can find it? What about good coilover recommendations?

btw I'm still on stock 16" rims and tires and I want a nice clean drop with minimal gap and good comfortable ride, with NO RUBBING !!! Am i asking for too much or is this possible?

-This thread has been really helpful but maybe someone who's lowered and also has a system can give me a little more helpful info ...
Old 12-17-08, 10:19 PM
Debonair
iModerate

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
Ok so I've got a complicated situation ...

I have a heavy-a$$ system in the trunk (custom, not easily removed) and I want to lower the car. I was thinking of Tanabe DF210's and the KYB shocks but I'm worried that the springs might sag too much over time and create serious rubbing issues in the rear, especially since I have people ride in the back regularly. Would this be a good setup? Would the l-tuned combo setup be better if i can find it? What about good coilover recommendations?

btw I'm still on stock 16" rims and tires and I want a nice clean drop with minimal gap and good comfortable ride, with NO RUBBING !!! Am i asking for too much or is this possible?

-This thread has been really helpful but maybe someone who's lowered and also has a system can give me a little more helpful info ...
I suggest coilovers. I just got dropped on Espilers and when I load the car with my Costo groceries, my single 12 sub + box, and my two boys in the back seat it sags. So did the stock suspension too though.

With the coilovers you can adjust for the extra weight since it is a everyday thing, not a occasional like me. I don't believe they are necessary for everyone but your situation sounds like they would be needed.
Old 12-18-08, 08:10 AM
ZippyGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Compensation for a daily or occassional heavy load is a tough trick. Clearly, a standard spring/shock combo will not do the trick and although coilovers are a nice thought, that direction will leave you with jacking up the car everytime you "anticipate" you're going to have a heavy load and adjusting the ride higher. Even with that thought the stability of the coilover could be compromised because of the increased weight.

IMO your path is one of two directions:

1. A mild lowering spring with a self leveling shock like the Monroe Load Leveler or Self-Leveling & Electronic Shocks from KYB

2. An air suspension that you can management from the interior of your car (SEXY solution).

I think either one of these options will work out well for you.
Old 12-18-08, 08:31 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Originally Posted by ZippyGuy
Compensation for a daily or occassional heavy load is a tough trick. Clearly, a standard spring/shock combo will not do the trick and although coilovers are a nice thought, that direction will leave you with jacking up the car everytime you "anticipate" you're going to have a heavy load and adjusting the ride higher. Even with that thought the stability of the coilover could be compromised because of the increased weight.

1. A mild lowering spring with a self leveling shock like the Monroe Load Leveler or Self-Leveling & Electronic Shocks from KYB

2. An air suspension that you can management from the interior of your car (SEXY solution).

He already mentioned that the stereo system (his extra load) does not come out of the car which means he will not need to be making adjustments, right? Some sag with passengers is normal for all but the stiffest setups so coilovers adjusted to ride at his preferred height with the stereo should sag some but not too much with people in the back seat I would think. Not picking a fight here Zippy just making sure I did not miss anything.
Old 12-18-08, 08:44 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Debonair
I suggest coilovers. I just got dropped on Espilers and when I load the car with my Costo groceries, my single 12 sub + box, and my two boys in the back seat it sags. So did the stock suspension too though.

With the coilovers you can adjust for the extra weight since it is a everyday thing, not a occasional like me. I don't believe they are necessary for everyone but your situation sounds like they would be needed.
Well the only everyday weight would be the system not the people, I'd say I have people in the back seat about once every other week, but when I do have them there I wouldn't want any rubbing. Im not really too worried about the rear sagging while they are in there, I'm worried about the sagging becoming permanent prematurely from all the weight, is this a valid concern?

Originally Posted by ZippyGuy

Both of those solutions sound great but verrrrry $$expensive$$ , if I had the money to spend I'd definitely go air but unfortunately i don't have that much to spend right now ...

He already mentioned that the stereo system (his extra load) does not come out of the car which means he will not need to be making adjustments, right? Some sag with passengers is normal for all but the stiffest setups so coilovers adjusted to ride at his preferred height with the stereo should sag some but not too much with people in the back seat I would think. Not picking a fight here Zippy just making sure I did not miss anything.
Yes exactly what I meant thank you, I want something that will keep the car looking nice while the system is in, and if it sags a little when people are in the car i don't mind as long as there is no rubbing. My car on stock suspension sags a little in the rear already because of the system and when people are inside it's even lower so that doesn't bother me, my main concern is the rubbing. So if I go with coilovers and maybe set the back a little higher than the front to compensate for the weight of the system then it should sit pretty even during normal everyday driving right? and when I have people in the back it will sag slightly but not enough to rub? If so then this is awesome !!

Which coilovers would be the best for this while still retaining some of the nice Lexus ride quality we all know and love lol ...
Old 12-18-08, 12:41 PM
ZippyGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Nope, didn't miss anything. Please let us all know if you find a solution that lowers with weight compensation for extra loads in a coilover.

What I suggested meets his requirements:

- extra weight (static for the most part)
- stabilization
Old 01-12-09, 05:37 PM
razgs300
Rookie

How much drop does Tein S-tech provide and how is the ride comfort with the Tein S-tech?
Old 01-13-09, 06:46 AM
DKGS4
Rookie

how much would the L-tuned springs and shocks cost me? and where can i find them?

Last edited by DKGS4; 01-13-09 at 06:50 AM.

Quick Reply: ULTIMATE REFERENCE - Springs, Shocks, Wheels, Pics [merged threads]