Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

brake rotor dust shield

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-07, 04:05 PM
gdot
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake rotor dust shield

I got in a little situation where I busted my passenger rear dust shield, the one behind the rotor, beyond repair and now I can't find a replacement part from Lexus. So I was thinking I would just leave it off. I would think it would be okay since it doesn't look like big brake kits have them. Anybody know if it would be okay if I just left it off or would it mess anything up?
Old 04-12-07, 07:36 AM
AUGuy21
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re:

gdot,

Just my opinion, but I don't think there would be a problem leaving it off. I believe it's just plastic. Have you gotten your car repaired yet? I've just order my Tanabe NF210's and KYB GR-2's after going back and forth for weeks on what springs and shocks to buy. How many miles do you have on the KYB's? I've read a few posts about longevity issues with the shocks but I'm not too concerned.
Old 04-12-07, 12:42 PM
gdot
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AUGuy21
gdot,

Just my opinion, but I don't think there would be a problem leaving it off. I believe it's just plastic. Have you gotten your car repaired yet? I've just order my Tanabe NF210's and KYB GR-2's after going back and forth for weeks on what springs and shocks to buy. How many miles do you have on the KYB's? I've read a few posts about longevity issues with the shocks but I'm not too concerned.
Thanks, I wouldn't think there would be a problem leaving them off either. Plus, I don't really have a choice unless I find a GS in a junkyard. I think I'll just leave them off.

My car is still sitting on jackstands at a buddy's house waiting for a dust shield, but I guess it's not going on anymore. I ordered some DF210's for it now and we'll be installing those once he gets back from vacation.

I think you'll like the NF's. I liked mine how mine rode, just like stock, but they just weren't low enough for me. I only had them on for maybe 5k miles, so I don't know about the longevity of them.
Old 04-19-07, 04:37 AM
samster
Pole Position

you might be able to post a WTB and be able to get one, some members that upgraded their brakes might prolly still have them layin around in the garage somewhere! -=) but it doesn't do nothing really help keeps the brake dust in.
ohhh and mabe ur dealer didn't know what your looking for, i don't have a parts number but the dealer should be able to order these for you its called a (BAFFLE PLATE)