Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

L Tuned Springs

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-07, 09:58 AM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default L Tuned Springs

Hey guys,
I am needing some advise on a drop as well as others, I would like to have stock quality ride, I know I won't have exactly the stock luxury ride if I lower it, but what is the closest I can get to without sacrificing much ride quality. I was thinking L tuned springs, they are cheap, gives me 1" drop, and it is a lexus brand. I will be getting 19" rims with the Veil Side rear bumper, Side skirts and Greddy Front Lip. YES THAT IS A MAJOR CHANGE FOR MY CAR. Will there be a lot of bumping and scraping along the tires and the body in general.
NEED ADVICE!
Old 01-19-07, 10:03 AM
uplusd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didnt you post this in another forum?

edit: nevermind that was someone else, sorry.

I think Tein CS would be the best bet if you want the best of both worlds. Improved handling and keeping the ride quality as close to stock as possible. Only if your budget allows you to buy them though.

Last edited by uplusd; 01-19-07 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-19-07, 10:06 AM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

I sort of did but they were drifting towards the different springs and I just wanted to know about the L tuned springs and with the set up I will be doing not what jfive's setup is going to be. He is looking for the best drop, I am looking for the best quality ride with my setup.
thanks
Old 01-19-07, 11:43 AM
mja
Driver School Candidate

Default Where to purchase

Where can you buy these springs?
Old 01-19-07, 12:09 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

they are usually on ebay, seller is itsallaboutyourlexus.
there like $192 + $15 shipping.
not bad price for the brand and springs.
Old 01-19-07, 01:17 PM
bee0818
Pole Position

I have the L-tuned on my GS400 and I would say they are comfortable and as comparable to stock as you are gonna get. I wish they would drop the car a little lower, but then I would have to sacrifice some comfort. I am contemplating switching over to the Daizens to get a more aggressive stance.
Old 01-19-07, 01:37 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bee0818
I have the L-tuned on my GS400 and I would say they are comfortable and as comparable to stock as you are gonna get. I wish they would drop the car a little lower, but then I would have to sacrifice some comfort. I am contemplating switching over to the Daizens to get a more aggressive stance.
Can you post some pics if at all possible, I would like to see how yours looks and how low it is and if it is noticable difference in looks,

Have you incurred any problems of rubbing on tires against the body. Jumps, Potholes, etc.
thanks
Old 01-19-07, 02:02 PM
bee0818
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nanotech
Can you post some pics if at all possible, I would like to see how yours looks and how low it is and if it is noticable difference in looks,

Have you incurred any problems of rubbing on tires against the body. Jumps, Potholes, etc.
thanks
You can see pictures here: http://sr1.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257709

Its definitely not slammed, but it is noticeable. It looks even lower on the stocks. If you go with 19's, you might want to consider a "fat" setup to eat up a little of the gap. Plus it will allow you a little more comfort.
No rubbing whatsoever, actually rides nice compared to a lot of other cars I've had lowered.
Old 01-19-07, 03:37 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bee0818
You can see pictures here: http://sr1.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257709

Its definitely not slammed, but it is noticeable. It looks even lower on the stocks. If you go with 19's, you might want to consider a "fat" setup to eat up a little of the gap. Plus it will allow you a little more comfort.
No rubbing whatsoever, actually rides nice compared to a lot of other cars I've had lowered.
I did say that I was getting the Veilside Rear, Sides and Greddy Front lip. Even with all that there should be not scraping or rubbing? and what is a "FAT" setup????

thanks
Old 01-19-07, 04:00 PM
bee0818
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nanotech
I did say that I was getting the Veilside Rear, Sides and Greddy Front lip. Even with all that there should be not scraping or rubbing? and what is a "FAT" setup????

thanks
You will still need to careful with how you enter, exit and deal with elevation changes, but you will not have as many problems as being "slammed". Even without lowering, you'd have to be cautious with the greddy lip since it sits lower.

A FAT setup is typically used on 19" rims for the 2GS to provide a softer ride. The standard size tires would be 245/35/19 front and 275/30/19 rear. With a FAT setup, you would run 245/40/19 front and 275/35/19. It will throw the speedo off slightly, but provide a more forgiving ride.
Old 01-19-07, 04:19 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

and that in anyway won't mess my tires up against the body or anything like that right.
I live in Murfreesboro, TN. not a hilly area at all, just plains.
but i know where your coming from on the elevation part.
Old 01-19-07, 04:23 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I have the L-Tuned springs with KYB shocks. It rides like stock as far as smoothness goes, but a bit firmer with sway bars. It greatly reduced float from stock and handles much better.

I have never scraped my car before and I'm on 17s. If you're running bigger wheel setup, most likely your car will be higher off the ground too. Just becareful and you'll be okay.

btw, i'm deciding on coilovers right now so you might see my current l-tuned/kyb setup for sale soon
Old 01-19-07, 04:30 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

http://sr1.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245787
Old 01-19-07, 05:16 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

What size are those rims and what set up is that car on?

that drop is very noticable, looks awesome, is that on L tuned springs?

thanks
Old 01-19-07, 05:50 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Those are 20" rims and L-tuned springs.

Quick Reply: L Tuned Springs