Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen Bushings Squeek.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-06, 10:14 PM
luciano
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daizen Bushings Squeek.

I got mine put in about 2 months ago, lubed real well.. its not even winter yet and they are squeeking like crazy over speed bumps and dips in the road. what to do?
Old 10-31-06, 09:17 PM
luciano
Pole Position

noone has this problem?
Old 11-01-06, 03:48 AM
DjFergi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same issue. When the bushings were installed, they were all lubed with more than enough grease. I'm going to have to take a look at the suspension this weekend. I noticed the noise once the weather started getting colder.
Old 11-01-06, 11:14 AM
DruMnBaSS
Lead Lap

i had mine for about 3-4 months now at least. no sqeaks..
Old 11-01-06, 11:16 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I greased the shidizzle out of mine and its okay so far. I get the occassional noises though.
Old 11-01-06, 12:50 PM
DjFergi
Lexus Test Driver

I think the noise is due to the change in weather here in RI. I know when I had the bushings installed over the summer I didn't have any funny noises.
Well, I guess I'll have to try and re-grease the bushings.
Old 11-01-06, 07:21 PM
BA_GS400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have heard of a couple of peeps that had the squeaking not too long after having their bushings installed. As I recall, there was skepticism about whether enough lube was used or not.

UNFORTUNATLY, MINE SQUEAK NOW TOO!!!! It's totally pissing me off too. I know darn well that I used plenty of lube since I did it all myself, and I've done about 3 other full bushing replacements on other cars. I kept things clean, and lubed both mating surfaces for everything.

DjFergi: My squeak seemed to start with the colder weather also!! (ohio)

I haven't looked into it yet to see what's going on in there because I'm so mad about it. It's only been a couple of months that they've been in.
After the header ordeal, I really don't want to have to take things apart and have to figure out how to fix it. It's just not right.
Old 11-01-06, 08:35 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah same here, they sqeak maaadddd

Thats what i'm going to do:

regrease upper control arm and caster arm bushings, all in a spring time and see if that fix the sqeak, I really don't want to take the Lower control arm apart
I have an idea how to resolve the sqeak issue, will work on this project thru out the winter
If my idea will work, i'll post DIY on this
Old 11-02-06, 01:40 PM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

See, I knew this would happen. Not too long ago I made a thread asking people if theirs have started sqeaking yet. I had poly bushings on other cars, and they always were bound to sqeak sooner or later. I was skeptical to buy a set for myself. Well now I have a set, but seeing that the daizen bushings are very hard poly, there might be a solution for some of the bushings, it's called Zerk fittings. I think I will drill and tap my bushings for Zerk fittings so that I can grease them anytime without taking them out. This worked for me once.
Old 11-02-06, 03:47 PM
BA_GS400
Lexus Test Driver

I agree with you that poly is notorious for squeaking. I was hoping this super Whale Goo would prevent it.
I once put some graphite impregnated bushings on my old Camaro and they were not squeaky at all.

My FEAR is that the squeak is where the control arm inner points meet against the frame/body. I'm not sure that there is anything we can do about that.

Testing will tell. Let us know what you find out or how things work for you.
Old 11-03-06, 07:14 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

**** this is a concern for me. I really did not want to deal with this problem. This car is not supposed to squeak.
Old 11-06-06, 12:03 PM
eman88
Lead Lap

My sways squeak as well only in cold weather....I think I saw a thread that read the problem is the bolts maybe to tight (over torqued)..the solution was to re-torque the bolts correctly and the squeak should go away...
Old 11-27-06, 07:05 AM
pavster
Driver

BTW, a squeak means there is unlubricated rubbing. Unlubricated rubbing means there is wear. Wear means that over time, the bushings will get loose and will start to clank. Soo... don't let them squeak for too long...

-pavel.
Old 11-27-06, 09:32 AM
DjFergi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pavster
BTW, a squeak means there is unlubricated rubbing. Unlubricated rubbing means there is wear. Wear means that over time, the bushings will get loose and will start to clank. Soo... don't let them squeak for too long...

-pavel.
Agreed, however if this was the case shouldn't this be happening all the time, not just during the weather change? I didn't get any squeaks until the weather dropped below 60*.

-Fernando
Old 11-27-06, 10:44 AM
pavster
Driver

I think what's happening is that when it's warmer, the bushings are softer, and so they allow more twist before they start to slip. When it's colder, they get much harder.

Quick Reply: Daizen Bushings Squeek.