Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

ABS VSC Lights on....

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-06, 06:42 PM
cpone
There can only be One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ABS VSC Lights on....

As the heading says my lights cameon after having a shop put on my Tein Cv2's today. They say they didnt touch any of the brakes so they dont know why its coming on.

They checked the connections and saw everything was connected fine.

Anyone have a clue how to clear this up?

It was getting dark so we decided to continue the "search" of the problem on another day. But anyone had this problem and can tell me how to clear it up?
Old 09-30-06, 10:49 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

It happened to me too. I accidentally installed my TRD sway bars upside down and it cut the ABS wheel sensor cable in half. The wires are pretty delicate so if you accidentally tug hard, it will break the wires or connections inside.

Whoever was working on your suspension must of slipped a wrench or dropped a tool on the line or maybe they tugged on it accidentally. The list of reasons for how the wire was accidentally damaged is going to be pretty long. Fact is, your cable is busted and you will need to get a replacement. They usually run about $175-250 depending on which dealer you get it from and how much they markup their parts.

Hopefully you can get the shop to pay for the repairs since it was obviously them that broke the cable. They will moan and groan and try to deny it, but keep going after them. If they have a OBD2/Diagnostic scan tool, then they can use that to see which wheel that the sensor cable got damaged. There is one sensor per wheel on the car. I resoldered my cables back together which is a real pain in the ***, but it is doable. If your shop will not pay for sensor replacement and you don't want to pay full price for a new cable, then PM me and we can set up an arrangement for me to repair your cable.

Anyways, good luck and keep us updated with your situation.
Old 10-03-06, 11:39 AM
cpone
There can only be One

Waiting now on getting to go into the Dealer to see if they can isolate the problem.

Brakes are working fine.

Question. Are there VSC or ABS plugs that could have been damaged or unpluged in the rear of the car? The back tires?

Cause they only checked the front.
Old 10-03-06, 03:18 PM
tommyGS3
Lexus Test Driver

the place that installed your coilovers, messed up your ABS sensor
this problem is very common. happened to me back in March
Old 10-03-06, 10:39 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by cpone
Waiting now on getting to go into the Dealer to see if they can isolate the problem.

Brakes are working fine.

Question. Are there VSC or ABS plugs that could have been damaged or unpluged in the rear of the car? The back tires?

Cause they only checked the front.
They will need to check it with a diagnostic tool to see which wheel it is. If the wire is broken internally, then a visual inspection will reveal nothing. As for getting unplugged, thats pretty unlikely. You have to really reach in there around all the plastic covers to pull out the plug. Not to mention the plug is pretty hard to pull off. Unless they took it off purposely, theres no way it could of accidentally fell off/been pulled off.

Keep us updated.