Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

universal air suspension

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-06, 01:27 AM
raceroyce
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default universal air suspension

anyone on here running universal air suspension? if so how is the ride quality? im thinking of getting these because airrunners is too expensive for me. here is a link https://www.universalairsuspension.c...1c3f63c9022d54 tell me what you guys think thanx.
Old 09-16-06, 05:34 AM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

you would be saving quite a bit of money.

but it looks like you have to do some fabricaions to get the kit on.

someone here knws the guy with that black GS ( I think his name is David)
maybe someone can ask him.

I kinda been looking into Chassis Tech for air.
it looks like they offer a bolt on application for the front struts.
http://www.airbagit-store.com/produc...sp%3Fid%3D2102

Old 09-16-06, 06:57 AM
TeflonGS
Driver

Dave is a friend of mine and I will see him tommorrow. I will ask him about the ride quality and if anything had to be fabricated.
Old 09-16-06, 07:07 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Chassis Tech is the same as AIM.... do an internet search on them. You'll be suprised what you pull up. Very Very bad company to deal with, many pending law suits, etc... I frequent many other forums, about hot rods and trucks....their name comes up too many times. BAD NEWS
Old 09-17-06, 03:38 AM
HKGS300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GATO
I kinda been looking into Chassis Tech for air.
it looks like they offer a bolt on application for the front struts.
http://www.airbagit-store.com/produc...sp%3Fid%3D2102

They claim that the pic shows the actual kit, well, either the pic is WRONG or that kit won't just fit ...

The GS/ IS/ LS shocks do not look like those...
Old 09-17-06, 06:21 AM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by speedaddic
Chassis Tech is the same as AIM.... do an internet search on them. You'll be suprised what you pull up. Very Very bad company to deal with, many pending law suits, etc... I frequent many other forums, about hot rods and trucks....their name comes up too many times. BAD NEWS
who's AIM.........
Old 09-17-06, 10:29 AM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Originally Posted by GATO
who's AIM.........
AIM, Chassis Tech and airbagit.com are all the same company. This has been discussed on a number of other forums(including VSC) and their reputation is questionable at best. Never believe that what is in the picture, is what you are getting.
Old 09-17-06, 10:39 AM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Originally Posted by raceroyce
anyone on here running universal air suspension? if so how is the ride quality? im thinking of getting these because airrunners is too expensive for me. here is a link https://www.universalairsuspension.c...1c3f63c9022d54 tell me what you guys think thanx.
This system is not a bolt on kit, but is a good quality product. The best (easiest) way to install these bags is to slip them over your coilovers (in addition to or as a replacement for the coilover springs). These will also work with the factory or aftermarket struts, but some fabricating might be involved.
Old 09-17-06, 03:13 PM
raceroyce
Driver

V8 ARISTO

so you are saying that if i use a coilover system i wont have to fabricate and if i just use my stock struts i will have to fabricate? if that is so what would be cheaper to buy coilovers or fabricate?
Old 09-17-06, 04:45 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Originally Posted by raceroyce
V8 ARISTO

so you are saying that if i use a coilover system i wont have to fabricate and if i just use my stock struts i will have to fabricate? if that is so what would be cheaper to buy coilovers or fabricate?
Yes, if you use a coilover system it's a matter of replacing the spring with the Aero Sport Bag. You might have to notch the spring perch collar for the air fitting, but that's not really a big deal. The all you have left to do is fine tune the height by adjusting the collars.

With a factory strut, you might have to fabricate your own air bag perch. Also, without the adjustibility of a thread perch (like the ones on coilovers), you might have to do some "trial and error" to get a spacer right if you need one.

Coilover with the Aero Sport bag is a more expensive way to build an air ride system, but it does cut down on a lot of fabrication time.

Here's a video of some of the stuff Universal Air has done:
http://www.universalairsuspension.co...-Lowriders.wmv
Old 09-18-06, 09:19 AM
johnboygs3
Pole Position

I be honest with you I'm have those ab setup on my tein flex/edfc I haven't drive it yet cuz it's still in da shop cuz my boy wuz having problems wit the back but we figured out already and should be ready by this weekend. This ain't an easy task but there alot of fab going on to this setup in order to work. I am excited on how it rides and such but having the electronic dampering controller should smooth out everthing. I think. I post up my setup as soon as I get my car back. It's probably cheaper if you use your factory shock but I wanted to control the dampering if neccessary.
Old 09-18-06, 09:37 AM
antbo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it sucks that airrunner is not in your price range. but now your gonna pay for what you get in the future. my airrunner 1 year strong since the begining of this month. daily driven and all . just trying to encourage you to make a better decision . just save for it, you wont regret getting airrunner
Old 09-18-06, 09:56 AM
johnboygs3
Pole Position

Yea I kno antbro man If I had done it first I should have went with the airrunners in the first place. I've already purchase the teins/edfc and comes to find out that I needed to do summin else with my whole setup of the car.Plus nobody won't give me the full price on some brand new coilovers anyways. But you live and you learn
Old 09-18-06, 10:31 AM
AFLS430
Driver

If you price everything out with the new coilovers and the Airbag kit how much do u think you would spend all together? Im just curious on how much everything is going to cost. Initial cost is always a nice low price but adding everything u actually need to get the kit running thats what i want to know how much it comes out to.
Old 09-18-06, 11:03 AM
antbo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by johnboygs3
Yea I kno antbro man If I had done it first I should have went with the airrunners in the first place. I've already purchase the teins/edfc and comes to find out that I needed to do summin else with my whole setup of the car.Plus nobody won't give me the full price on some brand new coilovers anyways. But you live and you learn
but of course. i know whatcha mean

Quick Reply: universal air suspension