Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

iRotors and Brembo

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-06, 05:10 PM
IS0LD0UT
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iRotors and Brembo

I ordered a set of rotors from irotors on ebay.
When they arrived they were in brown boxes the two fronts together and the two rears. It didnt come in the typical red brembo boxes as seperates.

Is there a way to tell if they are brembos or not? Engraving, ect?
Anyone else order brembos from irotors and have them arrive this way?

Ill post some pics tommorow of what they look like.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails iRotors and Brembo-dsc00110-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by IS0LD0UT; 06-10-06 at 06:32 PM.
Old 06-10-06, 06:01 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think they are brembos if you got them from irotors. When I got mine they weren't brembos just some non brand name ones i got from irotors through ebay. Did they tell you they were brembos?
Old 06-10-06, 06:08 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

i dont know if this will help, but i also just got my irotors from ebay front and rear for the SC. i know for a fact mine aren't brembo, and they came in one brown box, individually boxed within in white (all 4).
Old 06-10-06, 06:30 PM
IS0LD0UT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bluelex
I don't think they are brembos if you got them from irotors. When I got mine they weren't brembos just some non brand name ones i got from irotors through ebay. Did they tell you they were brembos?
Yep in the title of the auction and description say brembo and show the red boxes.
Auction
Old 06-10-06, 06:37 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by IS0LD0UT
Yep in the title of the auction and description say brembo and show the red boxes.
Auction
Originally Posted by ebay
This auction is for [2] front and [2] rear cross drilled and slotted brake rotors drilled from Brembo blanks for the following applications:
I'm pretty sure they are trying to say that they are cut to brembo spec using blanks. Not that they are selling Brembo rotors. basically copies. I got mine in the same brown boxes.
Old 06-10-06, 07:02 PM
IS0LD0UT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bluelex
I'm pretty sure they are trying to say that they are cut to brembo spec using blanks. Not that they are selling Brembo rotors. basically copies. I got mine in the same brown boxes.
Well i guess I was misled then. I paid $200 + $50 for shipping. Is that a good price for fakes or should I return/ ask for a discount?

I am assuming you have had no problems with your rotors?
Old 06-10-06, 07:19 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by IS0LD0UT
Well i guess I was misled then. I paid $200 + $50 for shipping. Is that a good price for fakes or should I return/ ask for a discount?

I am assuming you have had no problems with your rotors?
In the way they presented it and the pics used it would be misleading to most anyone. I had mine for about 3 years and had no issues, no warping. Worked and looked great for a long time. My brother bought a set from irotors for his truck and they have been good so far aswell.
Old 06-10-06, 10:53 PM
Hollywood
Lead Lap

Yes, very misleading.

I am also in the market for new rotors. What do you guys think about these? In black. I hate the rusty hub look.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/LEXUS-IS300-GS430...ayphotohosting
Old 06-11-06, 06:25 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

They are not Brembos to my understanding. I got mine for my Mustang along time ago and they just came in the brown boxes. Like Adrian said there probably cut to Brembo specs but all in all they were a good rotor with no problems.
Old 06-11-06, 10:50 AM
joel5150
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered my rotors from iRotors directly. They were Brembos in the red boxes. Sorry you didn't get what the picture showed. Call them and ask them what the deal is.

Good luck,
Old 06-11-06, 01:06 PM
AZDesertGS
Lexus Test Driver

My rotors from irotors warped in about 5000 miles so I hope you have better luck. Changed mine out for Rotora's which imo are 10 times better. Also after reading that ad....I would have gotton the impression that I was getting Brembos as well. Good luck
Old 06-12-06, 06:51 AM
IS0LD0UT
Lead Lap

I will call them and find out what the deal is. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks for all the replies.

Shawn
Old 06-12-06, 06:56 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

From a conversation I had with a knowledgeble source a couple of years ago (info is dated and may have changed...)

They said Brembo does not make cross drilled or slotted rotors for our application. However, they do make a solid blank rotor that companies buy and then drill / slot to resell.

I suspect that's what these are.
Old 06-12-06, 09:14 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
From a conversation I had with a knowledgeble source a couple of years ago (info is dated and may have changed...)

They said Brembo does not make cross drilled or slotted rotors for our application. However, they do make a solid blank rotor that companies buy and then drill / slot to resell.

I suspect that's what these are.

info is correct

brembo has two different castings

one comes from mexico foundaries which are not the best quality metals and production which is where most of these companies get the blanks and muck them up (bear in mind they don not cross drill properly nor do they slot using the right stuff)

then you have those that come from itialy or european foundaries which is where they make their bbk.. the ones that come from here are the genuwine brembo sport rotors which have a bronze color to them and are either slotted or drilled but never both.. at this location they adhere to brembo tightest quality controls to ensure crossdrilling is done in the right sweep pattern , never through a cooling vane always between and opposite the cooling vane direction, the metals used are more heat stable like in their bbk

when it comes to brakes never skimp , if you are a moderate to highly aggressive driver get the good stuff and be safe i used to have the brembo sports and never ever had a problem with my heavy heavy braking using the supra tt caliper i also tried the powerstop and powerslot brand and they showed signs of stree cracking on the surface of the rotor from excessive heat

so again be safe and get the good stuff
Old 06-12-06, 10:52 AM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered from irotor a while back. (i think they had a different username)
3-4 years ago on ebay. They use to advertise it as brembo in their titles and shipped with brembo boxes.

I checked the rotor once it arrived and it didnt seem like they were brembos. Stamp on the side said "ibraco" made in mexico

Msged the seller and they wouldnt refund me.

Quick Reply: iRotors and Brembo