Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Bushing options and part numbers

Old 02-07-06, 01:44 PM
Project300
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the rear suspension, it looks like the only Lexus bushings available are the sway bar mounts and the strut bar bushings. The other bushings for the control arms are not listed separately which means you have to order the whole part just to get the Lexus bushing. If it is not a separate part in the drawing then it's all one part as far as Lexus is concerned.

There are plenty of options for aftermarket control arm bushings such as Vlamos and others.
And the pic........
Attached Thumbnails Bushing options and part numbers-rearsuspweb.jpg  
Old 02-10-06, 05:07 PM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This has got to be the best thread on the subject I have seen. I've been unable to decide on going straight Vlamos bushes, or going with the Supra LCAs and then the Vlamos bushes for the rest. After running the numbers and seeing that you only save approx $90 by just getting the LCA bushes, you'd be crazy not to get the Supra LCAs. After all, don't you think a new lower ball joint, a new LCA, and not having the task of pressing in bushes is worth $90? I do. I'm going to be giving Carson a call soon to get the Supra LCAs. My SC is in dire need of them, and I'm tired of feeding it expensive tires. I'll probably go with the Valmos bushes for the UCAs and the steering rack. Not sure I need to do the rear end, I'll have to do a comparison of bushes to the new ones in the LCAs once I get them. I understand that the control arms in the rear do not get near as much stress and wear as the front.

Last edited by rushgator; 02-10-06 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-14-06, 12:53 PM
BAZ
Pole Position

Have lost track of all the threads on this subject, so yep, a very interesting read.
Im definitley not an expert on bushings, but it must be less stress to put major parts on than wasting hours putting bits on here & there, hoping youv'e done it right!

Cannot wait to see Rushgators install to see the end result...might just get mine done then!..lol

To get complete feel/balance throughout the car....do ALL bushings...thats my 10cents worth.
Old 02-14-06, 02:38 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rushgator
After running the numbers and seeing that you only save approx $90 by just getting the LCA bushes, you'd be crazy not to get the Supra LCAs. After all, don't you think a new lower ball joint, a new LCA, and not having the task of pressing in bushes is worth $90? I do.
I learned this the hard way. Hopefully everyone else learns from the experiences of others. Just get the Supra control arm and leave all that pressing in and torching out of bushings alone. The labor costs alone makes this not very cost-effective.
Old 02-14-06, 08:59 PM
SCSpeed
Rookie

I've recently gotten 2 new pairs of lower control arm bushings for the SC300 / SC400 and don't need them anymore. These have outer steel shells with rubber inside, which would give a smooth ride like stock. There's no need to burn or heating up the old rubber. All they're required is to press out the old bushings with shells and press in the new ones. They're made in the U.S. If anyone wants to know more, just send me a private message.
Attached Thumbnails Bushing options and part numbers-bushing.jpg  
Old 02-22-06, 04:28 AM
Luv Da Lex
Lexus Test Driver

So how much are the supra lca for all 4? I saw 210 each is that right? Cus I'm looking to restore that new sensation after the coilovers go in.
Old 02-22-06, 07:17 AM
Project300
Driver

$210 (or so) is what you will pay for each of the 2 Supra front LCAs from Carson Toyota. The front LCAs are an exact match for the SC. The Supra rear LCAs are different parts and don't fit our cars unless you also install a Supra rear subframe or other modifications.

This thread was refering to Supra front LCAs only.

Last edited by Project300; 02-23-06 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-22-06, 07:17 PM
DHRP
Lead Lap

I ordered the Supra LCA's yesterday. Elmhurst Toyota quoted me $408 but Luis at Carson hooked me up for $400 Compared the the $1328 my local Lexus was charging me this is a great deal.

Last edited by DHRP; 03-21-06 at 07:28 PM.
Old 03-01-06, 04:12 PM
tjj13401
Rookie

I did quite a bit of this the latter part of last year. My choices were:

Toyota Supra front LCA's - reasoning was cost mainly. Tradeoff is a slight but noticeably firmer ride. Cost shipped was about $420.

Vlamos front UCA bushes and steering rack bushes, left and right. Total shipped cost was just north of $300 U.S.

Rear front LCA's, Carson Toyota. I believe these were a couple hundred bucks.

The #1 benefit to replacing the entire assemply of the LCA's as opposed to the bushing alone is the unknown wear factor on the ball joints. Why take the chance the ball joint has or will soon have excessive wear and wind up replacing the whole thing later?

I still need to do the rear UCA's and rear rear LCA's. I believe it's the rear UCA's that suffer the most wear and coincidentally cost the most. Keep us informed.

TJ
Old 03-01-06, 04:14 PM
tjj13401
Rookie

One more thing: Labor for all the above including alignment set me back another $1,200. I now have a less expensive hookup, but not so at the time. This January I had the Lexus dealer replace the motor mounts. $600.

TJ
Old 03-08-06, 06:50 AM
91SHOman
Driver School Candidate

What if you had the Supra LCA's, and then in the rear new Lexus LCA's with Daizen bushings, or just get the Daizen rear LCA bushings and would that be good enough? Or a bad mix?
Old 03-08-06, 07:03 AM
vipsoarer
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

it should be fine but changing out the bushings in the new rear lca's might be a little redundant. What are your plans for the car? if its track use then i would say its a good idea. If the car is meant mostly for driving on the streets then i would just keep the new ones that come with the new lca's
Old 03-08-06, 07:15 AM
91SHOman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by vipsoarer
it should be fine but changing out the bushings in the new rear lca's might be a little redundant. What are your plans for the car? if its track use then i would say its a good idea. If the car is meant mostly for driving on the streets then i would just keep the new ones that come with the new lca's
Daily driver, eventual mild drag racing, other than that just goin around on the street. Kind of why I need to know what I need to get, just stock LCA's that are already on the car and get Daizen front and rear bushings. Or Supra LCA's on the front, and new Lexus LCA's on the rear.

From what I've looked up, the only reason to get the Supra LCA's is the bushings in them are a little stiffer and you'd have no LCA's. But other than that, if you didn't care about your ride being a little stiff, it seems like just getting Daizen bushings all around and not worry about getting new LCA's is the best route to go and cheaper, anyone agree or disagree? What's the advantage of getting new LCA's other than the whole pressing bushings out thing?

Last edited by 91SHOman; 03-08-06 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-08-06, 10:08 AM
vipsoarer
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

the advantage is to get all new ball joints since they cannot be bought except when buying new control arms. I would get all new arms since you only plan on doing some mild racing but use the car mostly for street use. the stock replacements will handle the stress of dragging for a good amount of time.
Old 03-08-06, 03:35 PM
91SHOman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by vipsoarer
the advantage is to get all new ball joints since they cannot be bought except when buying new control arms. I would get all new arms since you only plan on doing some mild racing but use the car mostly for street use. the stock replacements will handle the stress of dragging for a good amount of time.
Thanks, kind of stinks, but good in the long run, thanks again. Dan

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bushing options and part numbers