Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.
View Poll Results: Does your SC have crappy handling?
Yes
47.30%
No
52.70%
Voters: 444. You may not vote on this poll

Does your SC have crappy handling?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-05, 04:33 PM
LeXuSrAcIn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does your SC have crappy handling?

Despite many suspension mods, mine is still crap. How many other people feel frustrated like me?
Old 12-21-05, 04:40 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LeXuSrAcIn
Despite many suspension mods, mine is still crap. How many other people feel frustrated like me?

Mine is really pretty increadible for the few mods that it has on suspension (espelir tokico combo, Daizen Bushings, Daizen Sways, wider wheels and tires...)
Old 12-21-05, 04:45 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i loveeeee the way my car handles.... everyone in orlando can vouch for that one as well...

bilstien shocks
mkiv tt springs (cut one coil in front)
cusco strut bar
stock sways
255/35/18 up front
275/35/18 rears
Old 12-21-05, 04:53 PM
LeXuSrAcIn
Lexus Test Driver

I got Tein HE coilovers, new steering rack bushings, new tires, tires balanced, alignment and a buncha other stuff but my handling is horrible. It wanders everywhere. Looks like I have to change the dreaded control arms.
Old 12-21-05, 04:58 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my car wanders too... dont know what it is yet
Old 12-21-05, 04:59 PM
95 Integra
Lead Lap

It wanders? Sounds more like a toe problem, which shouldve been done with the alignment, but still.
Old 12-21-05, 05:04 PM
LeXuSrAcIn
Lexus Test Driver

Its weird.. it wanders and pulls to the sides. My steering wheel has to be 20% to the left at all times to go straight.
Old 12-21-05, 05:05 PM
SoarerJzz3
Lead Lap

Mine wanders as well. I always thought and read that it was the cause of wider wheels and tires. But then I thought the Supra guys must be having this problem as well?. I have tien cs, upper and lower control arm bushings, steering rack bushings, and supra tt wheels.

Last edited by SoarerJzz3; 12-21-05 at 05:10 PM.
Old 12-21-05, 05:13 PM
LeXuSrAcIn
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SoarerJzz3
Mine wanders as well. I always thought and read that it was the cause of wider wheels and tires. But then I thought the Supra guys must be having this problem as well?. I have tien cs, upper and lower control arm bushings, steering rack bushings, and supra tt wheels.
Man it must really suck for you. I guess the only thing left for you is the tie rod ends. How are your balljoints?
Old 12-21-05, 05:15 PM
SoarerJzz3
Lead Lap

They seem to be okay, I kinda wish I would've gotten supra lca's, but the bushings came with the car when I bought it so I just used them.
Old 12-21-05, 07:15 PM
SCV8
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The balljoints are probably sacked, check the steering rack bushing/mounting as well.

My car handles excellent for the boat that it is; remember that the Supra that many of us rob parts from was able to pull some high skidpad numbers and handled very well when compared to cars that were sold as hardcore sports cars.

Make sure that you can either fix everything that needs replacing, and align the car right away, or just get the car aligned with your worn parts with some extra toe in on the front wheels so you can get down the road safely in the short term.
Old 12-21-05, 07:37 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

4 words... too much body roll. Revamping my suspension is one of my main priorities.
Old 12-21-05, 07:57 PM
SoarerJzz3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SCV8
The balljoints are probably sacked, check the steering rack bushing/mounting as well.

My car handles excellent for the boat that it is; remember that the Supra that many of us rob parts from was able to pull some high skidpad numbers and handled very well when compared to cars that were sold as hardcore sports cars.

Make sure that you can either fix everything that needs replacing, and align the car right away, or just get the car aligned with your worn parts with some extra toe in on the front wheels so you can get down the road safely in the short term.
My steering rack bushings are new.
Old 12-22-05, 02:00 PM
AURELIOMK3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SoarerJzz3
My steering rack bushings are new.

thats weird cause on my supra i had to hold 20% to the left to go straight also once i replaced the steering rack bushing it was perfect. my lexus does it also and i looked under at the rack and there are no bushing left on my car so when i do my 1jz swap i will replace them hopefully that will fix that but the only thing i could think of, is the front is not aligned right one wheels is off most of time you can tell by tire wear but good luck man
Old 12-22-05, 03:00 PM
soardrft
Lead Lap

for daily driving mine is great. rides smooth. can drive with my knee. the eibachs, stock shocks, jic tie rod, lsd, whiteline sways, and minor lca tunning with 17" maxima rims and my car handles great. now as for track i am embarrassed to take her out until now. special thanks to MRJOHNTRAN.

with a little tunning you won't cry forever.

Quick Reply: Does your SC have crappy handling?