Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.
View Poll Results: Does your SC have crappy handling?
Yes
47.30%
No
52.70%
Voters: 444. You may not vote on this poll

Does your SC have crappy handling?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-08, 05:33 PM
5spdSC300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WICKED SC4
Actually, I copied pasted from your post on the handling comment

I would say I disagree on the TQ converter comment... You obviously have not driven one before and after... Any other 91-96 SC400's that have got a high stall, chime in (insert: Jibby) The reason the SC400 even does a 15 in the first place is becuase of the TQ converter...

Magazine times are not real world times...

Not arguing with you- actually agree with you. Have a great day!
Jibby is a joke and that's why hes banned. He was on here trying to pass off a nsx dyno as his own LOL. He claimed he can hang with c5/c6 vettes off the line and he was making ~350whp with his shot of nitrous. I even offered to race him with my older setup with a small T04S which was putting down 350whp on low boost. Needless to say he never took me up on the offer. More than anything i wanted to see his car run if it truly made the hp he claimed. He is a BS ricer that adds up hp claims from manufactures to factory hp figures then says hes putting that down to the ground. Using jibby as a reference made me LOL.

Never falls off power, the 0-60mph time ALONE drops by over a second. I timed my car unofficially 0-60 about ~5.5 sec. If it is true then yes, it would drop not only the 0-60 but the q-mile time by over a second. Anyone with a stock SC400 92-96 that lives by me feel free to contact me to do a comparison test
Here is the best real world data i could find.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...94&postcount=9
0.8 second sounds reasonable.

I would say I disagree on the TQ converter comment... You obviously have not driven one before and after... Any other 91-96 SC400's that have got a high stall, chime in
Please other sc400 member with a high stall chime in. I'd like to hear others with similar results. Anyone with actual 1/4 miles?

Magazine times are not real world times...
I find it funny that you mention this yet in post #230 you clearly use magazine times and info as your "proof".

I'll agree to disagree with this conversation since its not really getting anywhere and has nothing to do with this thread. The converter claim just seem very ambition but if your tq converter really cut down you 1/4 by over a second and your near stock sc400 out handles a elise or s2k at the track then more power to you =).
Old 05-01-08, 07:02 AM
WICKED SC4
Driver

Cool

Originally Posted by 5spdSC300
Jibby is a joke and that's why hes banned. He was on here trying to pass off a nsx dyno as his own LOL. He claimed he can hang with c5/c6 vettes off the line and he was making ~350whp with his shot of nitrous. I even offered to race him with my older setup with a small T04S which was putting down 350whp on low boost. Needless to say he never took me up on the offer. More than anything i wanted to see his car run if it truly made the hp he claimed. He is a BS ricer that adds up hp claims from manufactures to factory hp figures then says hes putting that down to the ground. Using jibby as a reference made me LOL.

Here is the best real world data i could find.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...94&postcount=9
0.8 second sounds reasonable.

Please other sc400 member with a high stall chime in. I'd like to hear others with similar results. Anyone with actual 1/4 miles?

I find it funny that you mention this yet in post #230 you clearly use magazine times and info as your "proof".

I'll agree to disagree with this conversation since its not really getting anywhere and has nothing to do with this thread. The converter claim just seem very ambition but if your tq converter really cut down you 1/4 by over a second and your near stock sc400 out handles a elise or s2k at the track then more power to you =).

The magazine times are good for refrence, in the context I used them. I was illustrating a point, using a common base- i.e. magazine. Where you live is almost sea level, you might actually see cars making passes at those posted times, where I live I don't. There is context my friend, that makes the world of a difference. Up here, the magazines are a reference, however with a grain of salt. Things like altitude are funny things, a 4.0L V8 will be able to injest more air even when making the "same power" as the 2.4L I4 S2000 engine at altitude, the V8 will lose less power in the high atmospheres than the smaller engines... Magazines don't really compensate for that. So they would be out of context in that comparison, but whereas your atmosphere are ideal for magazine times and can be used for solid comparison. My bud in Colorado was beating up on Vipers all day long in his stock supra with exhaust, but when he came down here, he got walked hard.

Elises should outhandle my car, so should S2000's, but the fact of the matter, it doesn't really matter what you drive in autox, it's driver and tire...I have been beat by an 80's honda CRX but not a S2000. Go figure But one thing I do know, not many s2000's pull 1.17G in the skidpad with some off the shelf bilstiens!!!! That is supercar territory. A new ZR1, Ferrari F430, Lamborghini LP640 or Gallardo, Veryon, nor a Elise can do that on a off the shelf street tire. And the Elise has R compounds and only did 1.06G!! That is info that you cannot refute and play down, regardless how you look at it. Bottom line, the SC can handle like a dream when setup to.

Alignment and suspension and gearing have everything to do with "Does your SC have crappy handling" That is the point I have made consistently throughout my posts. Like you said, you haven't read far enough back to even get a complete picture of what has taken place as far as information in this thread.

Not everyone is on here enough to know who is banned or not, like myself. I don't know many members on CL besides the few that came to the Vegas national meet last year...

Thanks for the real data on the TQ converter. Good stuff to know.

You sound a little defensive, when I am merely making discussion about handling on a discussion forum. When we can beat every car in the handling department IMO we are done talking about handling...

For thread progression, I'd like to hear real world experience of the handling of your car before and after suspension bushing kits like Dazien. Please describe in detail the differences good and bad.

Last edited by WICKED SC4; 05-01-08 at 08:42 AM.
Old 05-01-08, 07:59 AM
whomiked
Pole Position

For thread progression, I'd like to hear real world experience of the handling of your car before and after suspension bushing kits like Dazien. Please describe in detail the differences good and bad.
Well the biggest difference for me had to be changing out the old control arm busings/sway bar bushings with the Dazien. The difference was like night and day, from sloppy steering to tight crisp response, less roll, an improvement in every way. After that I installed some Tein Flex coilovers I noticed mild improvement, but definitely less body roll. Another great mod after that had to be my wheels 18x9F 18x10R WOW the car handled like it was on rails after that especially after an alignment.

All in all if your lower control arm bushings are shot, I HIGHLY recommend replacing them ASAP with Dazien bushings, you will dramatically notice a difference.

Anyone want to chime in on what my next suspension mod should be? I'm thinking thicker sway bars.
Old 05-01-08, 08:26 AM
WICKED SC4
Driver

Originally Posted by whomiked
Well the biggest difference for me had to be changing out the old control arm busings/sway bar bushings with the Dazien. The difference was like night and day, from sloppy steering to tight crisp response, less roll, an improvement in every way. After that I installed some Tein Flex coilovers I noticed mild improvement, but definitely less body roll. Another great mod after that had to be my wheels 18x9F 18x10R WOW the car handled like it was on rails after that especially after an alignment.

All in all if your lower control arm bushings are shot, I HIGHLY recommend replacing them ASAP with Dazien bushings, you will dramatically notice a difference.

Anyone want to chime in on what my next suspension mod should be? I'm thinking thicker sway bars.

That's awesome to know. I might up those bushings on my list. They were already on there.

I had FM5 Fiske 18x10f and 18x11.5r and your are right about the handling on rails...

Where did you get your bushings and if you don't mind me asking how much were they?

I do know if you get roll bars, only upgrade the front one. More than a handful of top racing guys to tell me that.
Old 05-01-08, 11:18 AM
whomiked
Pole Position

That's awesome to know. I might up those bushings on my list. They were already on there.

I had FM5 Fiske 18x10f and 18x11.5r and your are right about the handling on rails...

Where did you get your bushings and if you don't mind me asking how much were they?

I do know if you get roll bars, only upgrade the front one. More than a handful of top racing guys to tell me that.
I got them from TM Engineering $99.95.

http://www.tmengineering.net/suspens...n/make/sc.html
Old 05-01-08, 05:30 PM
5spdSC300
Lead Lap

Elises should outhandle my car, so should S2000's, but the fact of the matter, it doesn't really matter what you drive in autox, it's driver and tire...I have been beat by an 80's honda CRX but not a S2000. Go figure But one thing I do know, not many s2000's pull 1.17G in the skidpad with some off the shelf bilstiens!!!! That is supercar territory. A new ZR1, Ferrari F430, Lamborghini LP640 or Gallardo, Veryon, nor a Elise can do that on a off the shelf street tire. And the Elise has R compounds and only did 1.06G!! That is info that you cannot refute and play down, regardless how you look at it. Bottom line, the SC can handle like a dream when setup to.

You sound a little defensive, when I am merely making discussion about handling on a discussion forum. When we can beat every car in the handling department IMO we are done talking about handling...
I apologize if i came off defensive. That was not my intentions. Below is your reply to my post first about those elise and s2k owners sucking at driving.
Actually all of them are SCCA, PCA and Spring Mountain Driving instructors!
which to me implies that its not the driver but the car. Now if you look up at your post in bold, you clearly state that it's driver and tire which was my point when i made my original statement.
Old 05-01-08, 05:38 PM
over40driv
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whomiked,so you dont get the new ball joint if you dont buy a LCA. Thought the bushings were really hard to replace.
Old 05-01-08, 06:28 PM
whomiked
Pole Position

Originally Posted by over40driv
Whomiked,so you dont get the new ball joint if you dont buy a LCA. Thought the bushings were really hard to replace.
Yeah thats the only down side, obviously though if the ball joints are shot just grab a set up Supra LCA's. The bushings were a bit of a pain, but very worth the effort.
Old 06-22-08, 01:27 AM
ENHANCED1
Driver School Candidate

Nope mines got air ride!!! Love it!