Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

I want to go lower!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-05, 04:38 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I want to go lower!!!

Hi guys Im currently using Ltuned Shock/Espiler Springs Combo and it rides Great! Like Stock Feel.

.....but I want to go lower and Coilovers are out... cant afford that right now...

so what springs should I swap out for? whats a bit lower but rides just as good?

I really like SoCalSc4 Drop..I wonder what he's using

thanks

Last edited by LEXISM; 11-16-05 at 04:43 PM.
Old 11-16-05, 05:12 PM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your springs and Daizen are the "lowest" springs they make for the GS. I think Bob is running H&R or Bilstein coilovers. I think its in his sig.
Old 11-16-05, 05:14 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by svt5150
Your springs and Daizen are the "lowest" springs they make for the GS. I think Bob is running H&R or Bilstein coilovers. I think its in his sig.
Your probably right....thanks

Any one have pics of Daizens on 20's

Thanks
Old 11-16-05, 05:27 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you want to tuck like Bob, you will need coilovers. I can't remember off the top of my head but there was one set of springs that dropped over 2". The ride quality, though, is not stock like. Daizens and Espelirs are the lowest, nicest riding springs.
Old 11-16-05, 05:40 PM
FunGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LEXISM
Hi guys Im currently using Ltuned Shock/Espiler Springs Combo and it rides Great! Like Stock Feel.

.....but I want to go lower and Coilovers are out... cant afford that right now...

so what springs should I swap out for? whats a bit lower but rides just as good?

I really like SoCalSc4 Drop..I wonder what he's using

thanks
Look no further, It is all here! I had them, i should know.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186470
Old 11-16-05, 05:46 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I think the Tanabe springs will get you pretty low. I'm not sure about the ride quality with the 2GS, but Foofighter took me for a ride in his 3GS with the lower of the Tanabe springs. I does ride pretty well- but he's running the stock 17" tires currently.

I've got the H&R coilovers, and I must emphasize how great they are. This is the first time I've ever used coilovers in one of my cars, and for me there is no going back now. Now, I'm snooping around for coilovers for my '85 MR2 (but not the Ground Control kit, which is a 'sleeve' coilover).

The ride quality is unbelieveable; H&R uses Bilstein shocks in their coilover systems, and I believe this is part of the magic. The Bilstein valving is optimized for lowered cars, and they provide terrific suspension travel and superb compression and rebound damping. Sporty, but not harsh at all. My car is dropped about 2" (about 1/2" more than they come 'preset' out of the box) and I swear it rides better than the stock Aston martin DB9 I drove last week. I would say if Lexus made a "Sport Package," it would ride like this.

My rear coilovers are about 1/4" (6mm) from being "all the way down" in the rear. If I removed the jamb-nut at the bottom of the threaded spring perch, I could probably drop it another 13mm (1/2") lower than you see it in the picture. The front has enough adjustment to go down another 1", although I don't think you could drive it this way.

I might lower it a bit more when the car returns from paint - the new wheels will be a little more aggressive, and I'd like to complete the VIP look I'm after. Aslo, the height adjustability will allow me to compensate for the new audio gear going in the trunk- a worthwhile consideration if your a car stereo fanatic.

To anyone contemplating springs & shocks versus coilovers: if you can make the financial stretch, go for the coilovers!
Old 11-16-05, 05:47 PM
Neo
The One

Originally Posted by FunGuy
Look no further, It is all here! I had them, i should know.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186470
I've heard the DFs are a little stiff though. The NFs are the nice riding ones.

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
To anyone contemplating springs & shocks versus coilovers: if you can make the financial stretch, go for the coilovers!
I agree.

Last edited by Neo; 11-16-05 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-16-05, 06:56 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
Especially considering the $$$ amount that will be spent installing springs and shocks and getting an alignment 2 times (Espelir, then second set). its better to hold out and get coils. All cars sit lopsided when lowered and that has always annoyed me, with coils that can be remedied!
Old 11-16-05, 07:52 PM
owali
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how would you guys rate the Tein Flex coilovers compared to the H&R?
Old 11-16-05, 08:05 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Riding On Tein Flex Coils W/edfc!

Originally Posted by owali
how would you guys rate the Tein Flex coilovers compared to the H&R?
Most CL members I know that had springs eventually converted to coils of some sort after a awhile? Because of this and searching around I went with the Tein Flex coilovers with the EDFC install. I just got them and I'm glad I went this route. I will eventually drop it a little lower ,but I love the ride with the control of the EDFC. -wringo
Old 11-17-05, 02:07 AM
FunGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Neo
I've heard the DFs are a little stiff though. The NFs are the nice riding ones.

I agree.
I got this straight from the web site:

"The DF210 coil spring offers a large drop, while retaining superb ride quality characteristics. The spring rate is raised 10-15% to compensate for the shortened amount of suspension travel, without over stiffening the spring rate and affecting ride quality and shock lifespan.

The DF210 is unique in that it provides an excellent range of benefits, from it's extremely low stance, to performance and comfort. Overall, the DF210 is extremely well balanced for those looking to lower their car, increase handling potential, and comfort.

For those who want the lowest drop."

Compare to my teins HAs, these springs rode soft like butter!
Old 11-17-05, 02:22 AM
Neo
The One

Compare to my teins HAs, these springs rode soft like butter!
Nice to know but the HAs are pretty stiff so I would not be surprised if the Tanabes ride better. Now, how do they compare to stock?

I did hear of one person witha 3GS who went with the DF, swapped them for the NF, and was much happier. Everyone is different, though, which is why recommending suspension is always difficult.
Old 11-17-05, 02:28 AM
FunGuy
Lexus Test Driver

The NF is most likely more like stock comfort but wont give you that raked look Lexism wants to achieve.
Old 11-17-05, 02:34 AM
Neo
The One

The NF is most likely more like stock comfort but wont give you that raked look Lexism wants to achieve.
The problem is he is asking for stock-like ride too.

Originally Posted by LEXISM
Im currently using Ltuned Shock/Espiler Springs Combo and it rides Great! Like Stock Feel.

whats a bit lower but rides just as good?
Old 11-17-05, 09:45 AM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Neo
The problem is he is asking for stock-like ride too.
doesnt need to be that soft .... just not stiff as hell

Quick Reply: I want to go lower!!!