Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

The time has come, hopefully...........

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-05, 10:11 PM
e-diddy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post The time has come..............................

So I will be looking to get the Tein CS hopefully no later than this Friday if everything goes according to plan. Will probably look to get the EDFC as well since these two items seem to compliment each other very well.

My question is as follows:

Is there any other part of the suspension that I should consider to get as well that will compliment the ride and looks or either or ?

For those of you whom live in Florida, is there a particular shop that knows how to install of the above the correct way ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by e-diddy; 09-08-05 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-07-05, 10:23 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do you have any suspension mods
Old 09-07-05, 10:25 PM
e-diddy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TLW
do you have any suspension mods
No suspension mods at all.

Only mods on car are clear turn signal lens and 20" wheels.
Old 09-08-05, 05:31 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your makeing the right choice
Old 09-08-05, 07:43 AM
beauphus
Pole Position

JAPTRIX in Lake Worth....they did mine and other members and they are great! talk to ROGER and tell him BEAU sent you....congratulations...the TEIN CS is lovely
Old 09-08-05, 08:33 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

JAPTRIX can definitely do the job.

If you have the funds, then go for Daizen sways, they make a great set-up with the Tein CS.
I could go on, but it depends on how much you want to spend. You're gonna love the CS and EDFC.
Old 09-08-05, 02:17 PM
e-diddy
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=TeeLex]JAPTRIX can definitely do the job.

Thanks for the feedback.

How much was the install, if you don't mind ?

I was looking for an installer in the Miami area but will make the trip if i have no other choice.
Old 09-08-05, 02:31 PM
e-diddy
Lead Lap

Default Update

Just spoke with Todd at TM and placed the order a few minutes ago for the CS and EDFC.

Can not wait to get these. He said I should be receiving them by next Thursday or Friday.

Also ordered the 01 tail lights from Carson earlier today.

Just and early b-day present to myself.
Old 09-08-05, 02:57 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Awesome e-diddy. You're gonna be very happy. I think you should have a strut tower brace. The only two I know of that go over the EDFC motors though (on the Flex I have at least) which are the RMM ($$) and the SVR (I think that's the brand, cheap but looks perfectly fine). I have the RMM. I remember reading the motors don't sit as high on the CS coilovers as on the Flex so maybe are strut bars will work.
Old 09-08-05, 03:45 PM
e-diddy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Awesome e-diddy. You're gonna be very happy. I think you should have a strut tower brace. The only two I know of that go over the EDFC motors though (on the Flex I have at least) which are the RMM ($$) and the SVR (I think that's the brand, cheap but looks perfectly fine). I have the RMM. I remember reading the motors don't sit as high on the CS coilovers as on the Flex so maybe are strut bars will work.

Thanks for the info.

I like the look of the RMM a lot and I think I have read that they are in the $300.00 dollar range more or less.

Do they still make these ? Where can I get one ?
Old 09-08-05, 04:33 PM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Not sure how much, since I did not have JapTrix do mine.

I'm sure there are other shops ( Toyomoto for one ) that are closer to you who can do the job. Not really very hard, jusy need to make sure that the ABS sensors are not damaged. A little more tricky getting the wiring right ( routing through firewall, etc. ) for the EDFC, though.

For me I would try and go the extra $ for the Daizen sways over the STB. IMO the sways will be more noticable for what they do for the handling of the car than the STB. In fact I would choose my Tom's front and lower chassis braces over the STB - again IMO. Carson did have the DSR STB for a very reasonable price and it will fit over CS EDFC for sure, plus the engine cover, too.

You're gonna love the CS and EDFC.
Old 09-08-05, 07:11 PM
e-diddy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TeeLex
Not sure how much, since I did not have JapTrix do mine.

I'm sure there are other shops ( Toyomoto for one ) that are closer to you who can do the job. Not really very hard, jusy need to make sure that the ABS sensors are not damaged. A little more tricky getting the wiring right ( routing through firewall, etc. ) for the EDFC, though.

For me I would try and go the extra $ for the Daizen sways over the STB. IMO the sways will be more noticable for what they do for the handling of the car than the STB. In fact I would choose my Tom's front and lower chassis braces over the STB - again IMO. Carson did have the DSR STB for a very reasonable price and it will fit over CS EDFC for sure, plus the engine cover, too.

Thanks.

I will look into getting the sways a little on further down the road. (don't want to end up in bankruptcy court) for know.

If anyone else can recommend a reliable shop, please post or PM me.

Thanks again
Old 09-08-05, 08:00 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Originally Posted by TeeLex
I can understand your reasoning but with coilovers the car is already pretty flat and I think that tying the front towers together is important to eliminate flex in the car's front end which helps with steering and less creaks/squeaks and is less expensive than sways and easy to install (if I can do it, anyone can ).

On that we agree!