Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

L-Tuned spring/shock kit minus the "CLUNK" ? help me out pls.

Old 09-01-05, 08:20 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default L-Tuned spring/shock kit minus the "CLUNK" ? help me out pls.

i think noticed posts saying to use the factory bumpstops (i think everybody said bumpstops lol, apologies if that wasnt it im not a mechanic) from the original shocks when installing the new l-tuned to avoid the "clunk" noise during certain driving conditions. it sounds everyone knows what theyre talking about and id like to take their word for it, so is it possible to get a set of NEW factory/OEM bumpstops for my 98 GS400 that will give me the same improved/eliminated noise issue as if i had used my original ones? my shocks have never been changed so i dunno the stock ones probably wearing out decently no? (58k miles on car)..please let me know since the l-tuned kit will be here any day and id like to order those up if i can so i can install everything all at once.

thanks in advance for the info
Old 09-01-05, 09:42 AM
Dukespeed
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
i think noticed posts saying to use the factory bumpstops (i think everybody said bumpstops lol, apologies if that wasnt it im not a mechanic) from the original shocks when installing the new l-tuned to avoid the "clunk" noise during certain driving conditions. it sounds everyone knows what theyre talking about and id like to take their word for it, so is it possible to get a set of NEW factory/OEM bumpstops for my 98 GS400 that will give me the same improved/eliminated noise issue as if i had used my original ones? my shocks have never been changed so i dunno the stock ones probably wearing out decently no? (58k miles on car)..please let me know since the l-tuned kit will be here any day and id like to order those up if i can so i can install everything all at once.

thanks in advance for the info
Great question I will be doing the same thing. I too have 98 with what I think are original shocks soo I think the same way. I will go buy some new OEM bump stops today if need be. Can you buy them seperate? Should be able to I would assume. NEways I don't mean to jump in on your thread but it looks as if we are in the same boat. good luck with your install!

Matt
Old 09-01-05, 09:51 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Dukespeed
Great question I will be doing the same thing. I too have 98 with what I think are original shocks soo I think the same way. I will go buy some new OEM bump stops today if need be. Can you buy them seperate? Should be able to I would assume. NEways I don't mean to jump in on your thread but it looks as if we are in the same boat. good luck with your install!

Matt

thanks man, no i dont mind at all, im happy you are in the same boat maybe you can let me know how much they are and which lex dealer you picked them up from. if anyone pm's you with the info or you find anything else out, please shoot that info my way as well...i also dropped a PM to lexus-parts, the sewell guy re: this question, hopefully hell get back to me soon and then i will let you know if you can order from there.

later
mike
Old 09-01-05, 10:28 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

guys no need to run out and buy new bump stops unless your roignals are split or fully compressed .. just use them when doing the ltuned stuff
Old 09-01-05, 11:43 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexforlife
guys no need to run out and buy new bump stops unless your roignals are split or fully compressed .. just use them when doing the ltuned stuff

i was just worried about having the suspension ripped out on the weekend and finding out they are bad, then having to throw it all back together until the new ones showed up since i need the car.
Old 09-01-05, 12:48 PM
Dukespeed
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
i was just worried about having the suspension ripped out on the weekend and finding out they are bad, then having to throw it all back together until the new ones showed up since i need the car.
I think I am just gonna get new ones regardless. I bet they will be either split or worn or both. I would be happier to have the piece of mind that they are new. If I knew right now that they are good I would use them but like upstate mentioned hate to be mid install and have to stop. I guess I will find out pricing on em maybe that will sway my decision. Probably blowing this way out of proportion but I don't/can't have it sound worse or I will never hear the end of it! If you know what I mean.