Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

few quick shots (redid my retrofit + tein cs)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-05, 05:44 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default few quick shots (redid my retrofit + tein cs)

sup guys just got off of work it rained all day but since my car was not in motion i got no dirt onto my car i figured what the heck take a few shots of my car, i just refinished s2k headlights and installed tein cs. im currently running a super conservative 2finger gap all around, yeah the ride height feels perfect for me, not too low not too high

about my retrofit: most of you guys know i did my own s2000 headlight retrofit a few months ago. i ran into some problems after i finished.
1, my headlights was not sealed all the way so yeah i got water in it
2, the inner lense was not really clear to begin with
3, since i was getting water in the housing i was also getting water stains on the lense
4, i also redid the ballast mount, to ensure water tight setup + cleaner OEM look

it took me all night to finish my retrofit, i stayed up till about 3am last night it was well worth it!

when i initially made my s2k retrofit a lot of ppl asked me to take a pix of the backside, i did not do so because i did a real poor job. i basically just used eletrical tape to cover off the open hole. now i custom built a cover but this cover wasnt easy. the white pipe you see in the pix isnt a normal pvc pipe u get at homedepot.

heres the NEW UPDATED BACK SIDE woot! woot!

Old 08-14-05, 05:44 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

now here some random pix of the white thunder haha

Old 08-14-05, 06:05 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

crap wrong section.. mods can you move it to GS models
Old 08-14-05, 07:05 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looks good man . I have CS on the way and plan to drop only a little too.Is that the tein recomended specs on drop or did you adjust it?
Old 08-14-05, 07:24 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

i really dotn know... i had it slammed at first but i was having problems getting up the driveway without scratching my mufflers. shoot just to get my driveway the first time i had tape newspaper rolls to my mufflers so they would scratch. when ever i get off my lazy butt i'll probally try doing 1finger gap but that wont be for awhile bc too many things are going on right now...
Old 08-14-05, 07:33 PM
imjohnphan
Lead Lap

Received 118 Likes on 93 Posts

wow how do you make everything else blurry except your car? what program do you use?

and very nice car
Old 08-14-05, 07:34 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Nice pics and nice headlights I have a 1 finger gap in the rear and thats perfect but the front is like 2 fingers so tomorrow the front will be a little lower If you like the ride than don't change it but you may want to lower it more once you get used to the current height.. Good Luck

Tony
Old 08-14-05, 07:37 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Nice pics and nice headlights I have a 1 finger gap in the rear and thats perfect but the front is like 2 fingers so tomorrow the front will be a little lower If you like the ride than don't change it but you may want to lower it more once you get used to the current height.. Good Luck

Tony
Tony, that was you that said your mechanic put it at the tein suggested specs, right?
Old 08-14-05, 07:55 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by chuckb
Tony, that was you that said your mechanic put it at the tein suggested specs, right?
Yea thats right...but the front seems a hair higher than the rear.... I have about a 2 finger gap in the front... it just doesn't look even... So I'm going to adjust it tomorrow maybe like 1/4 of a inch or so... Thats all nothing mayjor.... thank its off for a alignment... Oh ya hopefully bluelex will be coming over to help with the adjustment and than we will take pics if the weather is good...

Tony
Old 08-14-05, 08:00 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Yea thats right...but the front seems a hair higher than the rear.... I have about a 2 finger gap in the front... it just doesn't look even... So I'm going to adjust it tomorrow maybe like 1/4 of a inch or so... Thats all nothing mayjor.... thank its off for a alignment... Oh ya hopefully bluelex will be coming over to help with the adjustment and than we will take pics if the weather is good...

Tony
cool- if you could let me know how many threads or a measurement of how far you have to move the perches in front for an even stance, that would be sweet

if I could get them right first time, that'd be awesome....

sorry to go off topic joshoowa
Old 08-14-05, 08:03 PM
QuikLex
Pole Position

Great job on the retro Josh! The car looks great!! Any close ups of the front of the headlights?
Old 08-14-05, 08:07 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Chuck, i'm new to this to so hopefully Adrain can expalin things to me so i understand them and I'll try to get some measurements Even though Tein has the measurements that your supposed to use the front is still a little higher.. I don't know why that is? but I don't want to go to low in the front because than I'll have problems with camber etc...... The ride is great though... Just a few turns in the front and i should be set

Tony
Old 08-14-05, 08:27 PM
maaloxx
Pole Position

Great Job JOSHOOWA! I'm gonna redo mine soon.
Old 08-14-05, 08:36 PM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

everything looks great.

what did you use to seal up the lenses to prevent leaks. any shots of how you mounted the ballasts?
Old 08-14-05, 08:38 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks great Josh., Love that look. I love those ACE wheels aswell.

Quick Reply: few quick shots (redid my retrofit + tein cs)