Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Pot holes.....SUCK!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-05, 08:36 PM
kapdori
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pot holes.....SUCK!!

I hit same pothole twice. First time it took my alignment off by little and I had to do alignment again. I hit same one today, my front left wheel is messed up. Steering wheel is way off to the right almost 90 degrees to right and I couldn't drive the car past 20 mph. It seems the whole wheel is tilting right and I can hear the traction control kick in if I go past 20 mph and car shakes a lot. Sucks....I drove about 2 miles to brake world, which was closest to where I was to drop the car off. They will check it tomorrow. I hope it will just take alignment not a major repair. I just had tein cs for about 2 weeks. I hope my coilovers are ok too... Damn!....Becareful guys with potholes... I am going to call the city next week to have them fix it soon, otherwise I will probably hit it again at the same spot since I am loosing my mind these days...
Old 07-22-05, 10:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

wow damn, how fast did you hit it, that's a big hit that brings it to 90 degrees... i am afraid to say but if anything, i think it's more than the wheels. i have a feeling that the control arms are bent as well, that's just way off
Old 07-23-05, 10:02 AM
kapdori
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
wow damn, how fast did you hit it, that's a big hit that brings it to 90 degrees... i am afraid to say but if anything, i think it's more than the wheels. i have a feeling that the control arms are bent as well, that's just way off
You are right, just got a call from brakes plus guys and its going to cost me $1500 to fix it.
control arms are bent also few other stuffs....dang....money down the drain...sucks..
Old 07-23-05, 03:39 PM
BADGS400
Driver

get ahold of the highway patrol...tell them your story and they will tell you to call the driving burea or something like that THEY HAVE TO PAY FOR THE DAMAGE!!!! it is the city's fault for this...ive had to have them pay before. take pictures of the pot hole, your car, the date and time, and any other info you can think of and they will pay you. i live in missouri-kc, the roads here are some of the worst in the nation between me and my friedns we have to do this offten and they cant refuse you...just make sure you have ALL information
Old 07-23-05, 07:05 PM
kapdori
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BADGS400
get ahold of the highway patrol...tell them your story and they will tell you to call the driving burea or something like that THEY HAVE TO PAY FOR THE DAMAGE!!!! it is the city's fault for this...ive had to have them pay before. take pictures of the pot hole, your car, the date and time, and any other info you can think of and they will pay you. i live in missouri-kc, the roads here are some of the worst in the nation between me and my friedns we have to do this offten and they cant refuse you...just make sure you have ALL information
Are you sure? Maybe its different here in colorado. I hope I can something out of to help pay for the damage. I will contact friend of mine who is lawyer to see. I guess I will get information on the damage and make report.
thanks
Old 07-25-05, 12:24 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

well i know in cali some people filed the claim and they got money too. so it's worth a try i guess

again i am sorry to hear what happened. it's definitely hard to swallow
Old 07-25-05, 05:18 AM
STONER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you live in that town YOUR taxes are paying for that road. They are definitely responsible. Get in touch with the local Dept of Transportation. They should be able to help.