Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Picked up TOM`s 6 piece..hehe

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-05, 06:56 PM
Lvangundy

Default Picked up TOM`s 6 piece..hehe

Going to get quotes to install tomorrow..

YAY

LMS wanted $200, which I thought was a bit high for a few bolts. I like their service, but I don't think this install is worth that much considering they quoted me considerably less for the front LCB install. I'd definetly go there but I wouldn't pay more than $75.
Old 07-15-05, 07:03 PM
FutureGS400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lvangundy
Going to get quotes to install tomorrow..

YAY

LMS wanted $200, which I thought was a bit high for a few bolts. I like their service, but I don't think this install is worth that much considering they quoted me considerably less for the front LCB install. I'd definetly go there but I wouldn't pay more than $75.
I am going to be getting the 6 piece link and FLCB too. Should about complete my Tom's braces... Where did you get yours? I was going to contact LMS myself since they are closer to me than Todd M. (TM Engineering) but I don't want to pay too much either... Can't beat Todd's service and prices but that drive down there
Old 07-16-05, 05:26 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if they quoted you $200 how are you going to pay $75
Old 07-16-05, 06:26 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The LCB is a piece of cake to put on, you ccan do that part yourself. You figure most good shops are around the $60 to $75 an hour labor rate, to get them to do anything for 1hr of labor is almost impossible. $200 seems a bit high, your being quoted at like 3hrs of labor....it wont take that long. However I think you will be hard pressed to get it done for $75.....
Old 07-16-05, 12:44 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TTurboPimp
The LCB is a piece of cake to put on, you ccan do that part yourself. You figure most good shops are around the $60 to $75 an hour labor rate, to get them to do anything for 1hr of labor is almost impossible. $200 seems a bit high, your being quoted at like 3hrs of labor....it wont take that long. However I think you will be hard pressed to get it done for $75.....
Jeff, he got quoted $200 for the 6-link, not the LCB. Still, $200 seems a bit high.

If they have the experience with it, the install can be straightforward. I've seen installers though drop the mufflers to have more access to the rear links. Not too much more work but still some. If you have the tools, torque specs, and time, the Tom's pieces are all DIY. Sometimes it is easier just to have someone do it though if you don't have what you need.
Old 07-16-05, 01:40 PM
Lvangundy

Got them installed today.

Cost - $100. Took about and hour and a half.

The difference? What you might expect- the rear end is a bit tighter. Noticeable on streets when you hit humps that make your car twist from side to side. I haven't had a chance to mess with them at high speeds or on canyons etc.

Thumbs up, but it's unfortunate that these things cost so much. The manufacturers must make huge profits - hint hint - someone make some competition!

TRD LCB part: $170
TRD LCB install: $40
TOM`S 6-piece: $320
TOM`S 6-piece install: $100

Total: $630
Old 07-16-05, 10:10 PM
STR8-UP-G
Driver

My friend did the TRD LCB in lesss than 5 mins. He only charged me for the Mobil 1 oil change. There are only 3 bolts on the TRD LCB. If you can get under your car and have air tools. It is very simple
Old 07-17-05, 02:14 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yah....its a DIY-type mod. It's easy if you got the tools....if not...get a friend or two who has the tools...buy some pizzas and a few beers....its all good.

Nothing better than taking pride in modding your ride yourself (and friends with freebie labor)!!

Pete
Old 07-17-05, 02:50 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Default 6 piece

i really wanna do this mod next, I also wanna update with new components as well. ball joints,anyting that can be renewed. Congrats.
Old 07-17-05, 04:12 PM
Lvangundy

Default part 2

Just to clarify - yes the LCB took 5 minutes to install. The 6-piece took about an hour or so.

The 6-piece is much more noticeable at freeway speeds the rear end feels much more solid like "1 unit" (whatever that means)..

I think the TOM`S front LCB and 6-piece should go hand in hand. I think I'm going to do the TOM`S front LCB and remove the TRD LCB soon.
Old 07-17-05, 06:44 PM
HKGS300
Lexus Test Driver

How much did you pay for the Toms 6 pieces?
Old 07-18-05, 02:13 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

around 300? just a wild guess. they are not cheap at all, tom's stuff prices are always up there, but their parts are for a reason imho
Old 07-21-05, 08:24 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Yea, I paid $290 plus shipping - $302 total for the Toms 6 link. Got them yesterday, will install myself this weekend. This completes my Toms braces - FLCB, RLCB and now 6 link!
Old 07-21-05, 09:49 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TeeLex
Yea, I paid $290 plus shipping - $302 total for the Toms 6 link. Got them yesterday, will install myself this weekend. This completes my Toms braces - FLCB, RLCB and now 6 link!

terry

welcome to the wonderful world of toms now you need some daizen sawys to finsih off your handling and a rear strut bar

then we can go at it again on the turnpike (i hope you are really considering making that atlanta nopi thing we talked about )
Old 07-21-05, 10:01 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
terry

welcome to the wonderful world of toms now you need some daizen sawys to finsih off your handling and a rear strut bar
If you look in his sig, you'd see he already has the sways.

Quick Reply: Picked up TOM`s 6 piece..hehe