Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

L-Tuned Shocks/Springs Bump Rubber

Old 06-20-05, 09:46 PM
NoS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default L-Tuned Shocks/Springs Bump Rubber

I was able to install the driver rear side today and only have the passanger rear side left but I have a question.

On the L-Tuned bump rubber there was no mark which end is up or bottom so I guess. Or does this not matter? I hope it doesnt matter.... I dont want to take it apart

I had put it so the way you would put the shock in the car, the english writing was readable (not upside down) I dont have the other rubber with me so I cant describe it right now...

Thanks

Last edited by NoS; 06-20-05 at 09:52 PM.
Old 06-21-05, 05:14 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

if you are talking about the black rubber bump stop from oem you should be using the oem one and not the one ltuned includes, back when ltuned was it for susp people had noise issues with using that bump stop , so it was highly recc to reuse the factory bump stop to prevent clunking or rattling noises

back when i had the ltuned s/s i used the factory bump stop as well
Old 06-21-05, 10:11 AM
NoS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexforlife
if you are talking about the black rubber bump stop from oem you should be using the oem one and not the one ltuned includes, back when ltuned was it for susp people had noise issues with using that bump stop , so it was highly recc to reuse the factory bump stop to prevent clunking or rattling noises

back when i had the ltuned s/s i used the factory bump stop as well
No, I used the L-Tuned one since my thinking is there must be a reason why Toyota made the new bump rubber.

My question was I was unable to tell which end of the new bumb rubber was up, and which was down.

As for the noise issue is it that serious? I really dont want to take apart the rear driver side
Old 06-21-05, 11:19 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by NoS
No, I used the L-Tuned one since my thinking is there must be a reason why Toyota made the new bump rubber.

My question was I was unable to tell which end of the new bumb rubber was up, and which was down.

As for the noise issue is it that serious? I really dont want to take apart the rear driver side
did you buy from carson toyota , pm steve ganz and ask him should you use the factory bump or ltuned bump also if you search archived info you will find the info
Old 06-21-05, 11:44 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yah....DO NOT use the Ltuned (yellow) bump stops.......it will cause noise problems....stick with your OEM/stock (black) bump stops. This topic has been discussed for years.

Good luck.

Pete
Old 06-21-05, 11:46 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Of all the L-Tuned installs I've read about (including mine), the OEM bump stop was used. As for orientation, I'll have to leave it to someone who installed with the L-Tuned bump stops.
Old 06-21-05, 10:56 PM
NoS
Lexus Champion

Nevermind I used the L-Tuned bumb rubber and NO noise (I am leaning towards this happening to a certain group of people such as those who have heavy systems in the trunk or certain rim sizes). 2 finger gap all around from what I can tell. Ride is PERFECT just like stock but feels more like the car is griping the road.