Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Help Probleme w/ brembo rotors

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-05, 07:18 AM
Oconee1985
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help Probleme w/ brembo rotors

I ordered a set of brembo rotors from Nopi and the fronts went on fine w/ no problem but Ive ran into a problem w/ the rears... When I look at my old rotors it looks like the axle nut comes thru the rotor and bolts on over the rotor... The problem is the rotors that Nopi have a huge axle hole and there is no lip for the axle nut to bolt onto... I called nopi and they said send them back and I have to pay the shipping unless I can show them they are listing the wrong rotors on their site... I plan on calling Brembo but figured it wouldnt hurt to ask if anyone else has ran into this problem... Oh and I guess it would help if I mentioned my car is a 94 sc400

Here is the url for the nopi shocks

http://www.nopionline.com/nopistore/...20SC400%201994
Old 05-17-05, 07:37 AM
Seismic
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looks can be decieving

Get a puller, leave the nut alone, unless you want to push your axle out the back of the hub.
I know exactly what you're talking about, and it only looks like it's one piece. The wheel mounting surface is the outter most part of the rotor. The part the protrudes from the center (the nut in in the middle of this) is not a part of the rotor. The rotor should slide off of this sleeve, if you will... A puller is likely going to be necessary. The inner diameter of the hole in the center of the brembo should be the same as the outter diameter of protruding part. It fits over it.

Hope this helps,
Old 05-17-05, 08:43 AM
EUROJulian
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First spray the area with good penetrant.
Secondly back off adjustment on the parking brake shoes.
Then use two screws in special holes in the rotor`s mounting surface provided by the factory on that accasion to loosen the rotor from the hub....
Old 05-17-05, 08:47 AM
Oconee1985
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks... For the info... Sounds like I need to run out and get a puller... Or at least pull out the ole rubber hammer
Old 05-17-05, 11:20 AM
EUROJulian
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Oconee1985
Thanks... For the info... Sounds like I need to run out and get a puller...
Like I said, you need no puller, just two M8x1.25 bolts. If rotors are rusted badly and bolts wouldn`t workie, regular hammer will do the job, old rotors are trash anyway, so why bother with being gentle with them.
Just do it.
Old 05-17-05, 12:27 PM
Seismic
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hammer?

I didn't think to try putting bolts into those holes... Geeze

But I beat the hell out of mine with a hammer and it didn't budge. I just used a puller... Put the two outter bolts of the puller into the threaded holes and then slowly twist the center bolt on the puller (lined up with the drive shaft, of course) until it slides off... It's the easiest way I know of, but I knew where to borrow a puller kit from too.