Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.
View Poll Results: Favorite suspension setup?
HKS Hipermax II
17.96%
Tein CS
37.38%
Tein FLEX
25.73%
JIC FLTA2
18.93%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

which suspension set up?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-05, 07:06 PM
fnutz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey..DId you ever get those TR-1 dampers installed?...If so, How is the ride?...
Old 12-13-05, 12:53 AM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Exclamation

I was leaning towards upgrading my stock suspension to Tein CS for a sc300, but now I'm not sure. The majority are voting Tein CS, but there is no conglamorate consensus review of the Tein CS? It seems like only 1-2 persons have experience with Tein CS. Does anyone else have Experience with the Tein CS on a SC300 or supra MKIV? How much performance handling is increased over stock sc300 suspension by upgrading to Tein CS and what is it like?
Old 01-13-06, 10:17 AM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

From what I understand CS is supposed to be high up there on the coilover food-chain.
It shoudl do wonders for your stability, expecially is going from stock.
It should also become at least slightly stiffer than your stock setup.
The dampening is fully adjustable though, so you can decide where you're comfortable.

A few people gighly recommend the Tein FLEX coils with the EDFC.

~Alan
Old 01-19-06, 02:01 AM
Luv Da Lex
Lexus Test Driver

i read somewhere that espilir with aftermarket shocks are pretty bomb stuff. yea the flex is like 700 more than basic. geez. sorry to thread jack. what steps should be taken in suspension wise.

im thinking

1.coilovers
2.sways with all the bushings
3.sturt tower bars

iono what else for the sc300
Old 04-19-06, 11:43 AM
KAME
Driver

I have experience with Tein Flex, HKS Hypermax II, JIC FLT-A2, and Zeal Super Function, and would rate them as follows
1) Zeal Super Function (21/16) - Ultimate Performance and driveability
2) JIC FLT-A2 - Full adjustability - Good Ride at a good price
3) Tein Flex - Harsh ride, but good for the $$
4) HKS Hypermax II - too soft for cars as heavy as the SC300/Supra

I don't have any experience with Kei Office or HKS Pro Performers, but I will be purchasing either Kei Office or Zeal Super Function to replace my Tein Flex's. I really think that the Supra needs much stiffer springs than what previously available. The HKS Pro Performers are Front: 22.0 kg/mm / 1,232 lbs/in and Rear: 16.0 kg/mm / 896 lbs/in. This is in the same range of the Zeal's (21/16) and Kei Office (22/18) coilovers.
Old 04-27-06, 08:13 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up

everyone i talk to seems to be loving their Tein CS, especially when used with some good sway bars. It looks like I may be migrating to Tein CS for my sc300 as well. My car is a turbo'd sc300 daily street driver, so I like the comfort, but some better handling would be nice...Tein CS seems perfect. what do you all think?
Old 04-30-06, 04:48 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

I am looking to buy the TEIN FLEX COILOVERS for the best bang for the buck as those coilovers are adjustable in ride hieght and dampening force.. You can get the best of both worlds, luxury and performance. If you got money to blow you can also get the in cabin control box and just push a button to change things up on the fly... $1400 on Ebay new for those coilovers, but I am waiting and hoping for a better deal for around $1000....Just my opinion after researching practically every coilover option known to man for the SC's....
Old 05-06-06, 01:57 AM
ridox
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KAME
I have experience with Tein Flex, HKS Hypermax II, JIC FLT-A2, and Zeal Super Function, and would rate them as follows
1) Zeal Super Function (21/16) - Ultimate Performance and driveability
2) JIC FLT-A2 - Full adjustability - Good Ride at a good price
3) Tein Flex - Harsh ride, but good for the $$
4) HKS Hypermax II - too soft for cars as heavy as the SC300/Supra

I don't have any experience with Kei Office or HKS Pro Performers, but I will be purchasing either Kei Office or Zeal Super Function to replace my Tein Flex's. I really think that the Supra needs much stiffer springs than what previously available. The HKS Pro Performers are Front: 22.0 kg/mm / 1,232 lbs/in and Rear: 16.0 kg/mm / 896 lbs/in. This is in the same range of the Zeal's (21/16) and Kei Office (22/18) coilovers.
well i just recently got HKS Hipermax Pros that are made for the supra. there is no soarer or sc300 application. they are 22kg/mm / 16kg/mm ones. i would have to say first off they are definitely not ment for street use. but so far i have been using them on the street. they are definitely stiff! the 30 settings for dampening is nice tho. they can handle turns great for drift or grip. normally i have the passenger complainingg more then me tho. i can admit at first it took getting used to but they dont bother me anymore. the reason i choose these for my setup is that i plan to go 2jzgte. then drift on the track on my free time. so next is to source a engine...

heres a pic of them before installation. i will get some shots of them installed soon.
Old 05-07-06, 09:34 PM
SCguy58
Pole Position

Has anyone tried koni shocks?
Old 05-08-06, 09:35 PM
lsflame
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

NextGear SusScC03 are by far the best I have had Tein Flexs, JIC, Stance, and D2s. These are a custom setup they are full prototypes and once the desigin and testing with the different springrates and valving options are finalized. They will be on the market. They will be very high quality and very affordable.
Old 05-25-06, 06:44 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

Originally Posted by ridox
well i just recently got HKS Hipermax Pros that are made for the supra. there is no soarer or sc300 application. they are 22kg/mm / 16kg/mm ones. i would have to say first off they are definitely not ment for street use. but so far i have been using them on the street. they are definitely stiff! the 30 settings for dampening is nice tho. they can handle turns great for drift or grip. normally i have the passenger complainingg more then me tho. i can admit at first it took getting used to but they dont bother me anymore. the reason i choose these for my setup is that i plan to go 2jzgte. then drift on the track on my free time. so next is to source a engine...

heres a pic of them before installation. i will get some shots of them installed soon.

How much did those HKS coilovers cost you?....Can you adjust ride height and dampening on those like the Tein flex's? Lastly are you pleased with them? Thanks.....
Old 05-26-06, 11:03 PM
ridox
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jibbby
How much did those HKS coilovers cost you?....Can you adjust ride height and dampening on those like the Tein flex's? Lastly are you pleased with them? Thanks.....
they retail for $3,818.18. yes they are height adjustable and 30way dampening adjustable. not like edfc. they come with a tool to adjust the dampening you get out of the car and adjust them. im pleased with them for the track they are verry stiff. but definately not really ment for street. they are basicly designed specifically for circuit racing. and i will be doing some roadracing/drift. i really wanted the hipermax d's but they were special order and i got these for a better price. also i believe the hipermax pros are also special order. if i were to get something else id probably get jic's (more streetable), but for now im happy with these.

Last edited by ridox; 05-26-06 at 11:15 PM.
Old 07-18-06, 09:20 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Question

What do you all think of buddyclub coilovers with the adjustable spring perch?
Old 07-19-06, 01:42 PM
jefferino
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dejacky
What do you all think of buddyclub coilovers with the adjustable spring perch?

I love it and love them but you already know that. Buddy Club Race Spec are by far my favorite so far. See Dragon's thread in this section for more details.
Old 08-16-06, 03:27 PM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

wow, those hypermax pros are AWESOME, but the price, ouch.

i wanted the stiffest coilovers i could find from a reputable company.
kei office has them, but them going out made me now get them, i did not know about the hypermax pros, so i went with the silk roads(for a supra instead of sc)
i believe it was like 18/10 front/rear set-up...but i'm prob off.

Quick Reply: which suspension set up?