Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Photos of L-Tuned Drop with Fat Set Up

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-04, 03:44 PM
GS4DOUGIE
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Photos of L-Tuned Drop with Fat Set Up...More Pix

I took some heat a few months ago when posting pics of wifey's car with her new wheels and stock suspension.

But I am proud to report that with the help of Ron (CL RRocket) and his L-Tuned springs and shocks that the little woman's car is coming together. Additionally, thanks to CL member pat14lee for parting with his used bumper to bring my wife's car back to respectability.

A tip of the cap goes to Todd at TM Engineering for the proffesional and affordable installation. BTW I met another member at Todd's that day but forgot his name. It was nice to meet another member of this wonderful community.

FYI-all of the mods (TRD front upper strut bar, used stock bumper, 19" Zauber Gettins, L-Tuned Suspension, new stock shift ****) on this of our car have come courtesy of the CL community. Many thanks to all of those that I have done business with. Thanks also to RMM in HB (exhaust) and Brandon at TireRack for his excellent service for the S03's.

Now to the before and after shots:

Before enlightenment: (with the fat set up)

In the afterglow:

Thanks again to everyone who has helped because they were not all mentioned in this post.

Doug

Last edited by GS4DOUGIE; 10-14-04 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-04-04, 03:52 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Nice rims man ! Good job !
Old 10-04-04, 04:11 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sweet. Much better. Congrats to you (and your wife ).
Old 10-04-04, 04:12 PM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Looks great! MORE PICS!!!
Old 10-04-04, 04:29 PM
RayGS3
Lexus Test Driver

How much drop did you get when using L-tuned s/s?

btw, Nice pics
Old 10-04-04, 04:39 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks great!
Old 10-04-04, 06:05 PM
alredxiii
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a great drop, not too low, not to high
Old 10-04-04, 06:09 PM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

lookin good!

lookin even better with the other GS in your driveway
Old 10-04-04, 07:18 PM
pat14lee
Pole Position

Looking good Doug!

I'm sending you a PM also.
Old 10-04-04, 07:53 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think that is the perfect amount of drop for me. That's perfect for my tastes. Subtle but still noticeable.

What's this L-tuned suspenstion stuff? Can someone explain the L-tuned suspenstion set up more? Did you get that drop with stock springs?

What does the L-tuned package entail? And is it a Lexus-dealer installed package?
Old 10-04-04, 08:27 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by KevinGS
I think that is the perfect amount of drop for me. That's perfect for my tastes. Subtle but still noticeable.

What's this L-tuned suspenstion stuff? Can someone explain the L-tuned suspenstion set up more? Did you get that drop with stock springs?

What does the L-tuned package entail? And is it a Lexus-dealer installed package?
Hi Kevin

L-Tuned was a division of TRD that tried to push performance components for Lexus. If installed at a dealer, you get a 1 year warranty. The mods were "safe" but not as exciting as many would hope. It is nothing like the the BMW M or MB AMG.

The L-Tuned shocks and springs were part of my first upgrade. They ride nice enough. I don't think it is as refined as the Tein CS. I think at the soft settings, the Tein is actually softer. The S/S combo is heavier than the Tein coilovers. There is definitely no height or dampening capabilities with shocks and springs. They used to go for about $500 for both shocks and springs. I think they can be gotten for less now since L-Tuned is now defunct and all the products are discontinued. Some places may still have stock of pieces here and there. For 20s, the drop is actually pretty nice. It is just missing some of the other flexibilities. I had L-Tuned, then Flex, then CS = product cost - resell cost + [b]3 sets of installation cost[\b].
Old 10-04-04, 08:30 PM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

kevings,

i believe someone is selling this setup in the gs classifieds.

l-tune stuff has been discontinued but some places are selling their left over stock. contact carson toyota to see if they have any left.

l-tune suspension consists of shocks (kyb) and springs (made by eibach). it will lower your gs a little under an inch.

most people buy just the l-tune springs and bilstein sport shock since these shocks are warranted for life.

there is a lot of post on this setup, just do a search.

doug, wife car looks great!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by corkycal; 10-04-04 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10-04-04, 08:31 PM
r00kie
Lexus Test Driver

Here's your best bet:

Springs & Shocks

EDIT: BTW, I am also running the L-tuned setup.

Congrats on the setup GS4Dougie...looks good!!

Originally posted by KevinGS

Last edited by r00kie; 10-04-04 at 08:34 PM.
Old 10-04-04, 08:45 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Nice job, looks great!
Old 10-04-04, 08:56 PM
GS4DOUGIE
Lead Lap

Default thx

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

This set up was essentially chosen for the modest cost (parts +install), the overall look, and, my wife didn't want anything too low and impractical for her dring style and tendencies (wink, wink).

Plus it will allow me to better evaluate handling and ride so I can make a better decision for our other GS which is still riding with stock suspension and 19's. I am leaning toward the the same springs but different shocks as mentioned by others. As I understand these shocks will need replacing in about 30K miles which is a bummer. But, the overall customer satisfaction at this point is all good.

Doug-

I'll try and clean it up this weekend at add more photo angles as the car settles.

Quick Reply: Photos of L-Tuned Drop with Fat Set Up