Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

tein ss damper for gs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-04, 09:45 PM
will33184
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tein ss damper for gs?

hi im about to buy a set, but am wary becasue no one else has em for their gs.

why doesnt anyone use the ss series damper for their gs, is it bad or not good for the car? thanks.
Old 08-26-04, 07:23 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: tein ss damper for gs?

Originally posted by will33184
hi im about to buy a set, but am wary becasue no one else has em for their gs.

why doesnt anyone use the ss series damper for their gs, is it bad or not good for the car? thanks.
your talking about the ss damper tein springs ???
Old 08-26-04, 08:57 AM
will33184
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the tein ss damper coilovers wholesale is around 850

back when i had a honda accord, they were one of the best suspensions available for it.

of course lexus is different, but i was wondering why no one even whispers tein ss damper
Old 08-26-04, 09:13 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Compared to the CS and Flex, the SS is VERY stiff, plus it lowers the car quite a bit, even at the highest setting, it might be too low for some. A couple years back the HA was a popular choice, but since the Flex & CS have been released, the HA has been less popular, especially because it was the stiffest of the three. Well the SS is stiffer than all of them. The SS is considered a Street / Race application. Unless you are into that, I wouldn't consider it. The Flex and HA give greatly improve handling, with much better control and stability while maintaining a decent ride. The CS is the smoothest riding of the Tein line up, which allows lowering, and is still provides an improvement in handling . If you want to improve handling, you have a TON of other ways to do it besides having the stiffest coilover set up. I would only get the SS if I tracked the car and didn't mind getting my teeth rattled when I drove on the street.

The big mistake people make is to put stiff coilovers as one of their first mods. The ride won't be that bad especially with stock tires, but after you install sways, STBs, braces, and low profile tires, the ride will get a lot worse.

You should do an Advanced search on Tein CS, Flex & HA . There is A TON of useful information available. Several members have tried the CS, Flex & HA on their cars. Search for an article by Rominl.

Better yet, you need to hook up with some local members and get a ride in their cars.

Are you in NorCal or SoCal?

Last edited by RMMGS4; 08-26-04 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-26-04, 10:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally posted by RMMGS4
Compared to the CS and Flex, the SS is VERY stiff, plus it lowers the car quite a bit, even at the highest setting, it might be too low for some. A couple years back the HA was a popular choice, but since the Flex & CS have been released, the HA has been less popular, especially because it was the stiffest of the three. Well the SS is stiffer than all of them. The SS is considered a Street / Race application. Unless you are into that, I wouldn't consider it. The Flex and HA give greatly improve handling, with much better control and stability while maintaining a decent ride. The CS is the smoothest riding of the Tein line up, which allows lowering, and is still provides an improvement in handling . If you want to improve handling, you have a TON of other ways to do it besides having the stiffest coilover set up. I would only get the SS if I tracked the car and didn't mind getting my teeth rattled when I drove on the street.

The big mistake people make is to put stiff coilovers as one of their first mods. The ride won't be that bad especially with stock tires, but after you install sways, STBs, braces, and low profile tires, the ride will get a lot worse.

You should do an Advanced search on Tein CS, Flex & HA . There is A TON of useful information available. Several members have tried the CS, Flex & HA on their cars. Search for an article by Rominl.

Better yet, you need to hook up with some local members and get a ride in their cars.

Are you in NorCal or SoCal?
i agree, the ss is stiff, i tend to recommend the flex or the cs

but then i know people usually lower their cars first, at least that's what i do
Old 08-27-04, 11:08 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The CS are so smooth it pretty much feels like your riding on the stock suspension. You can have your car slammed down and still be gliding with comfort.