Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Those Of You With Aggressive Drop on Coilovers..

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-04, 06:39 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Those Of You With Aggressive Drop on Coilovers..

Guys, do you drop yours the same height all around or more in the front? I have mine lowered a tad more the the rear but want to raise it up slightly and lower the front more to have that rake look.
Old 07-06-04, 10:01 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

it's totally up to you. if you talk about wheel gap, when stock, the front has a lot more wheel gap than the rear. so if you want to lower it to the same wheel gap front and back, you will be lowering the front more than the rear for sure. if you lower front and rear the same, you will still get more gap in the front than rear.

for me i have 1/2 to 3/4 finger in the front and 0 gap in the back, so i still had to lower the front more to get this look
Old 07-06-04, 10:15 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

I have mine lowered the same height all the way around..I like the "rake" look but I prefer having the car the same height all around.. I have no gap in the front and the back tires are tucking.It's up to you what look you want to achieve..
Old 07-06-04, 10:18 AM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I like that rake look. I have the front at about a no finger gap and the rear at a 1 finger gap. Why do they call it the rake look anyway?
Old 07-06-04, 01:32 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

mine is a boken finger in the front and a 1 finger in the rear, i personally really like the rake look aswell.

gamma its called "rake" cuz if u take a rake and lay it flat o the ground u'll c the back enf of the rake a little higher than the front. its gives the car a race car/old fashion hot rod look..especially with the 10 wide wheels in the back...
Old 07-06-04, 02:08 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

When I got my coils installed, I went slap-happy and had them slam it all the way down FR and RR. I cant remember exactly, but it was something like 7-9 coils left in the front and 7-9 in the rear. The look was awesome, (kinda like the golden batmobile, with the long Veilside wing) but the ride and rubbing was not fun (35offset wheels/ 245 tires). I had them on for about 3-4days before I had my aero installed. then I rode them like that for about a week. I then raised them up to like 13 or so FR/RR it was TOO high.

I think I have it at something like 8/9 front and 9/10 rear (its a half turn higher on the drivers side to make it even) so that translates to 1 broken finger up front and a tight finger in the rear. I love the raked look. I had to adjust them about 7-8 times to get it so sit peerrrffeccttt! (half turn here, full turn there, juusst right) LOL

This is at the batmobile height. Like I said, it looked great but rubbed the damn fenderwell too much

This is how it is now, just a hair higher, but it rides alot better (the ride is in the back, the higher the rear the better the ride)

Old 07-06-04, 03:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

hey D i didn't know you were handicapped
Old 07-06-04, 03:47 PM
C to the O
Pole Position

Aside from looks, is there a benefit to dropping the front end more than the rear? handling, speed, etc?
Old 07-06-04, 05:29 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by rominl
hey D i didn't know you were handicapped
Oh yeah, I have a sanity impediment, when it comes to my car!! LOL
Old 07-06-04, 06:58 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the replies guys.. My rear drop is too low for the fronts, after coming back from the NE meet I noticed that people there dropped the front more than the rears.

D, ur drop looks perfect !

Here is a pic of my car, now I noticed the front needs more of a drop and the rear needs to be higher.

Adjusting coils is a pain !
Attached Thumbnails Those Of You With Aggressive Drop on Coilovers..-fbfe.jpg  
Old 07-06-04, 09:09 PM
SprtDesign
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by D-MAN63
Thanks for the replies guys.. My rear drop is too low for the fronts, after coming back from the NE meet I noticed that people there dropped the front more than the rears.

D, ur drop looks perfect !

Here is a pic of my car, now I noticed the front needs more of a drop and the rear needs to be higher.

Adjusting coils is a pain !
Were you around the Layfette Gardens Projectsin Brooklyn this past Saturday? I saw a GS just like yours out there sat. night..
Old 07-07-04, 02:20 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by TI II
Were you around the Layfette Gardens Projectsin Brooklyn this past Saturday? I saw a GS just like yours out there sat. night..
No, I was not there on Sat, I guess u saw someone else..
Old 07-07-04, 02:41 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by TI II
hey, what are you doing in the hood in BK, thats a looongg way from Georgia!! I'm intrested to know what GS that was, thats my stomping ground, and I have yet to ever see a GS modded like diesels around the way! Did you see it buy the police station on Classon?
Old 07-07-04, 09:40 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I have 0 coil in front and still 1/3 of the coils left in the rear. I really don't recommend you set it like I do coz i am beyond raking right now heuheuhe.....
Old 07-08-04, 04:56 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by jtanoyo1
Well I have 0 coil in front and still 1/3 of the coils left in the rear. I really don't recommend you set it like I do coz i am beyond raking right now heuheuhe.....
Do you have any recent photos of your drop? I am curious too see a drop thats beyond raking.

Quick Reply: Those Of You With Aggressive Drop on Coilovers..