Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

brakes & rotors

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-04, 12:15 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default brakes & rotors

.. long time ago when i had to change my braks i didnt really had time to look for performance one so i got an OEM, but back then i said to myself.. next time when those braks ran out i'm going get some nice performance brakes and while i'm at it i also would like to get a cross drill rotors so anyway.. here i am looking for nice setup.. i dont really want to spend $2-$3k for the whole brake setup.. but just a brakes and rotors.. so i made some inqury and i end up from carson toyota with quote

$125 per each rotor and $79 & $69 for front and rear brakes (ROTORA)

i also search eBay and i found rotors for $100 for 2 and up to $400 for 4, basically for $50-$100 per rotor, ofcoures they are not ROTORA..

i dont know nothin about rotors.. but price is just a lot different from $50-$100 and $125,

btw is having cross rotors drill gives you better brakes? they last longer?

also, sometimes if your rotors needs some adjustment, technician usually takes them to special machine and takes a little bit off of them to make them flat, but i heard you cant do that with cross drill rotors.. what the solution here? or those cross drill rotors dont go bad they last you long time?
Old 05-21-04, 01:58 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: brakes & rotors

Originally posted by alexus

also, sometimes if your rotors needs some adjustment, technician usually takes them to special machine and takes a little bit off of them to make them flat, but i heard you cant do that with cross drill rotors.. what the solution here? or those cross drill rotors dont go bad they last you long time?
dave gs4 told me you can resurface these rotors

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=120719
Old 05-21-04, 02:02 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

ahh, i couldnt find the word for it

thanks
Old 05-21-04, 09:05 PM
rodel
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: brakes & rotors

[i]

btw is having cross rotors drill gives you better brakes? they last longer?

also, sometimes if your rotors needs some adjustment, technician usually takes them to special machine and takes a little bit off of them to make them flat, but i heard you cant do that with cross drill rotors.. what the solution here? or those cross drill rotors dont go bad they last you long time? [/B]

Cross drilled rotors run cooler when used with high quality pads, reducing warping. Wet weather braking should also improve.

You could turn (shave) cross drilled rotors, but since they'll get thinner, heat dissipation will decrease, causing earlier warping.

Last edited by rodel; 05-21-04 at 09:05 PM.