Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Latest News On Camber Kit?

Old 05-02-04, 08:54 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Latest News On Camber Kit?

Did any camber kit come out for the GS yet??? I've been waiting for awhile now, isn't someone suppose to come out with it already? My drop is eating my tires.
Old 05-02-04, 12:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

sigh, you can see that i am disappointed
Old 05-02-04, 12:52 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think this product was stopped in its tracks due to the neverending commotion on the SC section with the bushings that are already available for the SC chassis.

Seems like when a product is needed, everyone acts like it's so desperate to get them, yet once something is available, there is a neverending line of yahoos that are there to criticize and discredit the product. This is why there are almost no products available for the IS platform from them, probably a smart move overall IMO.

I guess it all comes down to cost to produce something, and if there is any suspicion that it would not recoup those costs (at the very least), then it's obviously not worth doing. I don't think anyone throws away money on purpose

So anyways, the big ruckuss on the SC section with the Australians (who aren't even authorized to be advertising and promoting on CL!) and the shadetree mechanics (who mysteriously are the only ones with problems!) claiming that Daizen makes inferior products I think has pretty much put this product on hold (maybe indefinitely?).

Sad so sad.
Old 05-02-04, 01:33 PM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

No, no! Please!
Old 05-02-04, 02:49 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man ! Please say it isn't so ! Us GS guys are dying for a kit ! I will be forced now to raise the car .

P.S. On a side note, the maximum drop the GS can handle without going negative is only 1.5 inches correct? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by D-MAN63; 05-02-04 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-02-04, 03:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by DoubleWhoosh
I think this product was stopped in its tracks due to the neverending commotion on the SC section with the bushings that are already available for the SC chassis.

Seems like when a product is needed, everyone acts like it's so desperate to get them, yet once something is available, there is a neverending line of yahoos that are there to criticize and discredit the product. This is why there are almost no products available for the IS platform from them, probably a smart move overall IMO.

I guess it all comes down to cost to produce something, and if there is any suspicion that it would not recoup those costs (at the very least), then it's obviously not worth doing. I don't think anyone throws away money on purpose

So anyways, the big ruckuss on the SC section with the Australians (who aren't even authorized to be advertising and promoting on CL!) and the shadetree mechanics (who mysteriously are the only ones with problems!) claiming that Daizen makes inferior products I think has pretty much put this product on hold (maybe indefinitely?).

Sad so sad.
you know, for one time i guess you can just ignore those stupid people on the sc forum. i for one know that TONS (almost all i should say) of people here in the GS forum know what's quality stuff and what's good, and we are all waiting for a camber kit so we don't buy tires like there is no tomorrow.

forget about those people who only know how to whine and stuff without even knowing the truth
Old 05-02-04, 05:00 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,091 Likes on 1,355 Posts

DoubleWhoosh, who is Daizen? daizensporttuning.com doesn't indicate where the parts are made, or where the company is located, or anything. I've always assumed Daizen = you, which is fine of course, I was just wondering.

Anyway, it's a shame if a flap about SC bushings is holding back a GS camber kit.
Old 05-02-04, 05:29 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Run for the most part by Fortune, who lives in FL now, used to be in NJ.

Also big help by behind the scenes people here in CA.
Old 05-02-04, 06:22 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

Well I hope that someone picks up the ball where daizen dropped it..I think that it's amazing that daizen would make a camber kit for an sc platform over a gs ..Not that the sc is not a great car but I tend to see more gs300-400-430 and over seas aristos aswell..Oh well hopefully somebody can come up with a kit that will work..I do have a question for the CL gurus, how much adjustment has to be available in order to have a lowered gs aligned to factory specs???
Old 05-02-04, 06:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by DoubleWhoosh
Run for the most part by Fortune, who lives in FL now, used to be in NJ.

Also big help by behind the scenes people here in CA.
todd, can you talk to fortune again? i am serious that a lot of GS guys are waiting for this
Old 05-02-04, 06:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by johnee78
Well I hope that someone picks up the ball where daizen dropped it..I think that it's amazing that daizen would make a camber kit for an sc platform over a gs ..Not that the sc is not a great car but I tend to see more gs300-400-430 and over seas aristos aswell..Oh well hopefully somebody can come up with a kit that will work..I do have a question for the CL gurus, how much adjustment has to be available in order to have a lowered gs aligned to factory specs???
while i can't say much about the camber kits, there is a reason why they released the kits for the sc first. the sc has been around since 92 and a lot of the cars are so old that their bushings have to be replaced anyway, so it made sense for them to do the setup for the sc first.

now i just hope daizen keeps up with the stuff for the GS. as far as i know most people with the daizen stuff (mainly sways i guess) like their products, so we will see
Old 05-02-04, 06:34 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Default I hope that I don't get flamed for this one.....

How difficult and what R&D would go into producing a camber kit for the gs???Has anybody attempted to create one besides Daizen???
Old 05-02-04, 08:52 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

man i just wish someone would make it, i mean i'm 100% sure that if needed at least 20 gs owners in the 20 min. would put a deposit on a set if thats what it takes 2 get it started again.....i would...is there something reallt different about our cars that nobody can make one?
Old 05-02-04, 08:58 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Exclamation

Thats what I would like to know... i'm amazed that nobody has even tried considering that the gs has been a popular car to mod for soo long...
Old 05-02-04, 09:01 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Larger companies don't see the Lexus market as "worth their time"

Smaller companies might, but if there is any doubt that even that might fall through, well....you get the picture...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Latest News On Camber Kit?