Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Bilstein Sport plus...(Eibachs or L-Tuned springs)

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-04, 06:17 PM
mostrogt
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bilstein Sport plus...(Eibachs or L-Tuned springs)

Hi,

I have been reading alot of information on this site and I'm amazed how much you can learn just from listening to guys. Your rides are awesome and I admire that. I'm new to the GS scene since I just got my '00 GS300 last week. What I would like to do first is get some nice rims and tires plus a lowered suspension.

Being from South Florida (like Lexforlife) I'm already sold on the Bilstein Sport Shocks.

What I'm indecisive is to go with L-Tuned springs or the Eibach Pro kit.

Of the little I know is that the L-Tuned sorings are softer than the Eibachs. Is it that much of a difference??

Any good pointers on which would be the best springs to go with? (Considering that the roads in South Florida are quite well kept)

Any good advise from the "experts" will be be of much help in the decision process.
Old 02-19-04, 05:20 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

bro

the ltuned springs are rebadged eibachs with a slightly softer spring ride hence a better ride , couple them with the bilstein sports , Daizen sways , upper strut tower braces front and rear and believe me you will be up there in the handling dept , the main part of this equation is how well the bilsteins keep the car composed at all times , corner to corner front to back , and the ride quality to me and to johnee78 was amazing , to me it felt more comfortable then when i had the ltuned shocks in their

this sun about 20+ of us are going to oakland park for the turbotv car show, check out the deatils in the regional forums under southeast headed up by my buddy bluelex , if you can make it , i will gladly take you for a spin of your life in my road warrior , words of caution though, johnn78 alwilliams indio etc etc have all done so and swear i should be in nascar

do the ltuned with bilstein sports and at least daizen sways if a modest 1.2-1.5 drop is fine (to me thats low enough , not a fan of slaming or tucking) you will be pleased with the amount of cdontrol and road holding it inspires
Old 02-19-04, 06:45 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Here are a couple of good posts that will give you more detail to compare the L-tuned and Eibachs. Although L-tuned springs are made by Eibach, they are not the same.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=eibach
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=eibach

If you want it sportier/stiffer, get the Eibach. If you want a bit softer, but still very nicely firm compared to stock get the L-tuned.
Old 02-19-04, 08:38 AM
mostrogt
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info guys. I'm definitely know that I will be getting the Bilstein Sports.

As for springs...where can I check out the L-Tuned at an affordable price.

With these type of combos, whats the perfect wheel/tire size combination?

I'm thinking 19x8 with 235/35/19.

Any wheel suggestions?
Old 02-19-04, 08:54 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally posted by mostrogt
Thanks for the info guys. I'm definitely know that I will be getting the Bilstein Sports.

As for springs...where can I check out the L-Tuned at an affordable price.

With these type of combos, whats the perfect wheel/tire size combination?

I'm thinking 19x8 with 235/35/19.

Any wheel suggestions?
Look in our classified section (ClubLexus Marketplace) and see if you can find some used if you want really affordable. Or contact our forum sponsors at Carson Toyota or Lexus parts to see what kind of price they'll put together for you on a new set (watch the banner ads for contact info or www.l-tunedparts.com or lexus-parts.com. TM Engineering may sell these as well or have other options.

For wheels, please check the wheels/tires forum for a BUNCH of posts exactly the same as your question. Try out the search feature, you'll find many of the questions you ask have been asked/answered many times over.