Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

VOGTLAND springs

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-03, 01:13 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VOGTLAND springs (DON"T MOVE)

Hey guys,

I posted this on the GS forums with no luck. I am thinking about getting these CLICK here for the ebay link

Has anyone ever tried the German aftermarket springs made by vogtland. They have a website www.vogtland.com and everything seems good.

I have never heard from anyone who have tried these so any feedback would greatly by apprciaated.

Thanks,

Bryan
Old 11-24-03, 01:25 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen the Vogtland products at the Essen show.
Looks like quality stuff.

I have never driven a car with them on.
Old 11-24-03, 01:41 PM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

Hah, I was just looking at those a couple minutes ago. I was checking the Eibach spinrgs for sale on eBay.

I've heard of the brand before but haven't heard any good or bad. We'll see what the other members have to say about them. Good luck with your spring choice Bryan.
Old 11-24-03, 02:17 PM
Wald GS

Hey guys,

I just searched and a mustang owner was very pleased with these springs. I have a feeling they are really similar to BMW springs.

I'll probably get these rather than the eibachs..

""As for ride quality, we were not expecting what we discovered. We were worried, as with any new spring evaluation, that the ride would be harsh and uncomfortable during daily trips to work or the grocery store. When we pulled away from the shop, the first few miles I was questioning whether or not we had even changed the springs at all! There was no harsh or stiff jolts as we crossed over light bumps and road changes. The ride was much better than predicted. I'm sure other people driving along beside me were wondering exactly what caused the big smile across my face.

After further driving, we found that over speed HUMPS or big dips, it does feel a little more stiff so you have to take those slower than before. But 95% of our driving is on open roads with minor potholes and road changes so really we don't even notice the springs being lowered while driving. You actually FORGET you have the car lowered! Going over tall speed BUMPS we noticed our convertible scraped just a little bit on the crossmembers. Coupes will probably not see this problem. The vert has extra support under the frame that hangs another inch below the hardtop.

Handling improved 100%! The old stock Mustang suspension tended to lean greatly going hard into a corner. This reduces your overall grip on the road and ability to take the turn at higher speeds. After the spring change, we took those same curves again, and the car stays much more flat and accelerates more smoothly out of the turn without the body roll. There are tons of suspension upgrades to go even further with handling improvements, but a simple spring change is a great first start in that direction.

Conclusion
We've tested many different brands of springs and they all have their own characteristics that make them unique. The main benefit we liked about the Vogtland springs was that the ride comfort of daily driving was not compromised at all. Cruising down the road at 80mph (did I say 80? I meant 65...), the car was as stable as before with no bounciness, or stiff jolts sometimes associated with lowering springs. We also discovered there was a total of 7 pounds dropped from the unsprung weight of the car.

We found the price of the Vogtland's to be a little higher than other brands, but I think in the long run, it will be worth it to spend the extra cash to get a good riding spring. After all, you want to make sure your driving experience is as pleasureable as possible. It's hard to determine what brand of springs to purchase in this huge aftermarket arena, so I hope this review will give you a little more insight to your springs consideration.""

click here for the review
Old 11-25-03, 05:37 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've seen them on Ebay as well... Looks like the guy had a good experience with 'em..
Old 12-03-03, 12:55 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Might be going with these.... If I can't get the Espelier jdm ones.
Old 12-05-03, 06:44 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by serrano007
Might be going with these.... If I can't get the Espelier jdm ones.
i know an espelir dealer. if you want espelir springs, send me a pm
Old 12-06-03, 06:19 AM
LexFather

VOGTLAND springs (DON"T MOVE)
Please maybe?
Old 01-12-04, 09:22 PM
Wald GS

Did someone finally get these? I'm 50/50 on either these or the eibachs...
Old 05-14-04, 11:00 AM
BRAKATK
Driver

You probably made a decision by now, but for what it's worth here is my car with the Vogtland Springs. I love the stance. The ride on street and hwy has been good (more road feedback from manholes, crappy freeway patches, etc.), but handling and body roll (especially during braking) is much better. I am upgrading front shocks to KYB GR-2's as my factory dampers are now about shot. You do forget it is lowered, as I have to be extra careful pulling into parking stalls with the concrete stops (rub on front spoiler) and over speed bumps. I am still pissed we cannot get Bilstein or some other perf shocks for these cars!

Old 05-14-04, 10:28 PM
Wald GS

Originally posted by BRAKATK
You probably made a decision by now, but for what it's worth here is my car with the Vogtland Springs. I love the stance. The ride on street and hwy has been good (more road feedback from manholes, crappy freeway patches, etc.), but handling and body roll (especially during braking) is much better. I am upgrading front shocks to KYB GR-2's as my factory dampers are now about shot. You do forget it is lowered, as I have to be extra careful pulling into parking stalls with the concrete stops (rub on front spoiler) and over speed bumps. I am still pissed we cannot get Bilstein or some other perf shocks for these cars!

Yeah, I have eibachs right now, but I ordered my tein cs coilovers so I can experience better handling as well as lower the car so that there is no fender gap.
Old 05-15-04, 10:55 AM
BRAKATK
Driver

How are they? Are you still using the stock shocks?
Old 05-16-04, 09:36 PM
juan01
Pole Position

I ended up getting Intrax...

Nice rims Brak
Old 05-16-04, 11:03 PM
Wald GS

Originally posted by BRAKATK
How are they? Are you still using the stock shocks?
The ride is really stock and my shocks are kyb. BTW nice rims as juan said!

Bryan
Old 05-17-04, 12:04 PM
BRAKATK
Driver

I am going to install KYB's on the front and see what happens. If I like it, then I'll go KYB in the rear also. If not, then its start saving for Coilovers....Appreciate the feedback on the rims!

Quick Reply: VOGTLAND springs