Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Looking for manual swap shops in CA, NV

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-20, 01:29 AM
deadlift
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for manual swap shops in CA, NV

Hello CL, I'm looking to find shops in either California or Nevada that can do a Auto to Manual swap. Also an engine swap. Looking for people that know what they are doing and am willing to pay if the price is right.
If it helps, I am looking to do a 2jz-gte or 1jz-gte engine swap and r154 trans swap.
Please message me or put in thread below anyone who has a shop or can help me out here. Thanks.
Old 03-16-20, 12:13 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,216 Likes on 854 Posts

If you just want access to a shop space with tools and a lift bay in L.A./SoCal, seek out Your Dream Garage in Baldwin Park, CA. Website is: Urdreamgarage. I’ve used them and they’re great for full shop and lift access to do work yourself. Rates listed on their website.

If you’re looking for a shop to perform the swap for you in the SoCL area I only know of Driftmotion and their partner company FSR Motorsports Creations. Both companies are very familiar with these types of swaps.

Undoubtedly there are other shops that will do this also.

Do you already have ALL the parts big and tiny that you’ll need for the trans and engine swap? Taking the guesswork out of it for a shop not as familiar with your specific style of swap goes a long way.
Old 03-16-20, 03:23 PM
deadlift
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
If you just want access to a shop space with tools and a lift bay in L.A./SoCal, seek out Your Dream Garage in Baldwin Park, CA. Website is: Urdreamgarage. I’ve used them and they’re great for full shop and lift access to do work yourself. Rates listed on their website.

If you’re looking for a shop to perform the swap for you in the SoCL area I only know of Driftmotion and their partner company FSR Motorsports Creations. Both companies are very familiar with these types of swaps.

Undoubtedly there are other shops that will do this also.

Do you already have ALL the parts big and tiny that you’ll need for the trans and engine swap? Taking the guesswork out of it for a shop not as familiar with your specific style of swap goes a long way.
Thanks for the reply, I'm currently working on a parts list. I've found engine, transmission, pedal, bellhousing, and some other basic stuff. Still looking through club lexus to find all the necessary parts. I'm just hoping to get someone to do the process since I've never dealt with a transmission swap before. Also I've heard the ECU throws error codes and I have to find certain ECU's too. Looking for someone that has done the swap to avoid any major errors.