Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Invite to Austin Texas Wildflower Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-15, 02:11 AM
ASChong
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Invite to Austin Texas Wildflower Cruise

Been something of a lurker for sometime but I figured I'd throw this out there to any Austin or nearby Lexus owners.

For a while I've been planning a cruise for some friends new to the area into the Texas Hill Countryside to view the colorful blooming Texas wildflowers. Though originally meant to be a private event and a shakedown cruise for a neighbor's stepson who recently purchased a BRZ, I thought this might also be a good opportunity to invite any Lexus owners (or for that matter anyone else who might be interested) into joining us. It would be more fun and I'm hoping if others join us en mass - a surprise for my friends who only think its going to just be a 5-6 car caravan.

The cruise will likely take place on April 12th after Cars and Coffee at the Oasis, but I'm also looking into the possibility of linking up with the Eurotic of Austin / BMW CCA for their annual Bluebonnet Cruise on the 11th if I can't recruit enough people to join us for our own drive. The Bluebonnet Cruise is open to anyone including non-BMW and European car owners, however you must fill out a RSVP to the event.

Our own cruise will likely be broken into two parts - a cruise on Lime Creek Road to 1431 to Marble Falls to Burnet to Llano and a break for lunch at Cooper's BBQ (one of Texas' best as claimed by Texas Monthly). At this stage, participants can opt to head home or can head further south with us to Fredericksburg and Willow City Loop and return back through Johnson City and Hamilton Pool. A few of us plan on grabbing dinner somewhere upon arriving back in Austin, and anyone is more than welcomed to join us for food and drink and socializing.

The exact route is still in planning phase because mainly it's dependent on the flowers and the weather, but I'm planning on doing a scouting trip later in the week so to better get an idea of the final route. Course any suggestions would be greatly appreciated by anyone wishing to attend.

I figured this might be a good opportunity for Austin and immediate area Lexus owners to get to know each other and enjoy a drive in the scenic country. Feel free to extend this invitation also to other non-Lexus owners as well as the the more, the merrier. In fact, since I'm also a MR2 owner, the Austin MR2 Club may be joining us.

If by some chance there's more interest by those here in the Eurotic / BMW CCA Drive than my own cruise, let me know and I'll just make plans attending that one along with my friends. Interested parties can email me directly or message me here for information on their drive or my own.

Hope some of you guys can make it out as it's been lonely being the only Lexus owner at Cars and Coffee on those few occasions I've made it out there. And it would be nice to see some Lexus in motion vs. just parked. Some of the back roads I've got planned should bring out the sporting characteristics of our cars that others tend to overlook. I know I've been eager to put my F Sport through it's paces!

Thank you and take care!

Sam

ASChong@aol.com
Old 04-13-15, 12:47 PM
ssis300
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Would've liked to make this past Cars&Coffee, but it wasn't in the cards. i will probably make the next one, as they seem worth checking out.
Old 04-13-15, 04:55 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

That sounded like a fun event.